In today's Globe and Mail (Tuesday, Nov. 4, 2014) there was an article which painted a rather disparaging picture of BlackBerry's sales and marketing in Indonesia. Now I am proud to be a fan of BlackBerry and of Mr. Chen's efforts to turn around the company. My point is this, in our CrackBerry bubble we hear often of the great success BlackBerry is having in Indonesia and how important that market is to BlackBerry. Now, granted the media always loves to kick someone who is down (I can say that as I have worked for Canadian media), but it would be great to have some numeric evidence from BlackBerry to corroborate their successes in Indonesia and other markets around the globe. The turn around efforts are still in their infancy but with the launch of the Z3 and now the Passport, it would be interesting to see sales figures or some other numbers in addition to the news releases touting success in these markets. My hope is that BlackBerry will gain some traction through the company's renewed efforts to regain market share not only in the enterprise segment but the consumer market as well. It will take time, but that is OK as BlackBerry appears to be on schedule as indicated by their quarterly announcements. Anyhow, have a read of the article linked below. I'm sure it will stimulate some comments. For the time being: Go BlackBerry Go!!

Lack of global knowledge cost BlackBerry Indonesia - The Globe and Mail

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 06:17 PM
    11-04-14 11:16 PM
    Please continue in this earlier thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...oubles-973756/
    11-05-14 09:49 PM