As all phones in India are sold unlocked, most people buy phones from either the company's own store or from giant electronic stores that sell phones from all the companies.

I make it a point to check the BlackBerry corner everytime I see these stores. Yesterday I visited one of the biggest stores in one the most popular areas of the capital of our country(New Delhi), and saw this :-

BlackBerry section? EMPTY. When I asked them why, the employees grinned sheepishly and said nobody even enquired about them.
    This store is huge, okay? The 'stores-need-their-space-why-use-it-for-BB?' doesn't work here. They're not even utilising the space, just leaving it empty. Plus if these stores don't sell BlackBerry phones then there's actually no way to buy them, except online which still isn't an option for the majority of our population.

I lost my charger, and wanted another one. Trip to three different BlackBerry stores and even one 'BlackBerry Expert Centre' gave me nothing. Nobody had a BlackBerry charger in stock.

India is one of the biggest markets BlackBerry has. I still see some people with leftover Curves from the BBM craze of 2011(everybody has a curve 8520). I'm really shocked at how bad things are. I get that maybe the electronic stores don't want to stock phones that won't be sold, but even BlackBerry Stores I visited didn't stock a Z30!

Somebody needs to up their game.

Channel for BlackBerry users in India :- C004A271F
    Attachment 234067
    Last edited by loyalIND; 12-28-13 at 10:43 AM.
    deeeemon666 and flyingsolid like this.
    12-28-13 10:20 AM
    It takes more than a month or two for things to turn around. BlackBerry has the money and I believe the right people to build a base of consumers once again but it won't happen overnight.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-13 10:28 AM
    I've seen it elsewhere in Asia when I was first curious about the Z10, went to a BB booth and found only Samsungs there. Obviously the seller didn't bother to change it to save costs or the previous owner had skipped town ....
    12-28-13 10:33 AM
    It takes more than a month or two for things to turn around. BlackBerry has the money and I believe the right people to build a base of consumers once again but it won't happen overnight.

Posted via CB10
    It's going to take more than a few months. Chens a focused guy, he will attack enterprise and Indonesia. Until these two are rolling, I believe NOTHING else will attract any resources from Chens BB Teams.
    12-28-13 10:45 AM
    What did you expect?

Now that bbm is available on iOS and android there is absolutely no reason for anyone to buy a blackberry device in India (or other emerging markets).
    12-28-13 10:46 AM
    As all phones in India are sold unlocked, most people buy phones from either the company's own store or from giant electronic stores that sell phones from all the companies.

I make it a point to check the BlackBerry corner everytime I see these stores. Yesterday I visited one of the biggest stores in one the most popular areas of the capital of our country(New Delhi), and saw this :-

BlackBerry section? EMPTY. When I asked them why, the employees grinned sheepishly and said nobody even enquired about them.
    This store is huge, okay? The 'stores-need-their-space-why-use-it-for-BB?' doesn't work here. They're not even utilising the space, just leaving it empty. Plus if these stores don't sell BlackBerry phones then there's actually no way to buy them, except online which still isn't an option for the majority of our population.

I lost my charger, and wanted another one. Trip to three different BlackBerry stores and even one 'BlackBerry Expert Centre' gave me nothing. Nobody had a BlackBerry charger in stock.

India is one of the biggest markets BlackBerry has. I still see some people with leftover Curves from the BBM craze of 2011(everybody has a curve 8520). I'm really shocked at how bad things are. I get that maybe the electronic stores don't want to stock phones that won't be sold, but even BlackBerry Stores I visited didn't stock a Z30!

Somebody needs to up their game.

Channel for BlackBerry users in India :- C004A271F
    Attachment 234067
    Sad sight for sure, makes me want to throttle the BOD for Boulbin hire. Sadly, this was the scene in USA during the BB10 launch, the executives were more concerned about what type of Corporate Jet will be purchased than any marketing. BB corporate Jet was seen in France during the summer months.....nice.
    12-28-13 10:49 AM
    What did you expect?

Now that bbm is available on iOS and android there is absolutely no reason for anyone to buy a blackberry device in India (or other emerging markets).
    From the top of my head, how about a secure, awesome OS? Believe it or not BlackBerry has strong points other than BBM.
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    12-28-13 10:55 AM
    Not in India. Not in emerging markets.
    JeepBB and flyingsolid like this.
    12-28-13 10:56 AM
    I had an 8520 before my Q10 too!

Good point OP, India seems like it could use more inventory, especially a flock of Z10s. Don't understand what went wrong with distribution there, BB has more than an abundant supply of both Q10 and Z10s for them to be spread all around the world. Did all these merchants decide that stocking them would be a waste? Is that what the real problem is? I wouldn't know but I'm sorry to hear you couldn't get your hands on these mad sexy phones and their accessories. Living near Waterloo in Canada I have no problem driving to their corporate store to find everything BB!!

Get those ppl BlackBerry's nao!
    12-28-13 11:34 PM
    The fun part of all this from my perspective are the *huge* number of stores sporting *huge* BlackBerry boards outside their stores, except almost none of them stock BlackBerry 10 devices! Of course, the pricing doesn't help either. BlackBerry India dropped price of Q10 by around 6k, yet all retail stores stocking them used to quote the original price. I ended up ordering one online. It is a sad affair for sure - very difficult to find original accessories too.

Regardless of all this, there is one thing I am glad about: if you look around, you can actually buy a BB 10 device. And there are a couple of big stores that still do stock them so we can take a look. Back when the Palm Pre was launched, coming from a Palm Treo, I waited desperately to buy one - it never happened. Palm just didn't bother with the Indian market. I don't know what the future holds for BlackBerry, but for now, I'm glad to have bought a Q10. Brilliant device.
    12-29-13 10:44 PM