I'm a complicated situation with my BlackBerry ID not being allowed because its "already being used" (when it's not).

Long story short. I was using ID#2 (for the sake simplicity) and I bought many apps under this ID and I had all my BBM contacts with this ID as well.

I some how managed to link all my BBM contacts and paid apps with a very old ID and we'll call this ID#1. The problem is my ID#1 is a very old email and I no longer use it and I do not wish to use it anymore or have anything associated with it.

I'm currently using a BlackBerry Z10 and I tried to go to the BlackBerry ID setting option and tried changing it back to my ID#2 but it's telling me that this ID is already being used. I've tried to security wipe and starting fresh with the ID but I'm getting the same message. I've tried switching emails on the BlackBerry ID website. I've tried literally every option available. Any help would greatly be appreciated 3 days trying to fix this many hours and it's starting to get really frustrating.

Thank You in advance
    Last edited by rajdeep.malhi; 11-27-13 at 04:45 PM. Reason: Update
    11-27-13 04:22 PM
    Have you tried to do a security wipe on the Z and then use BlackBerry ID2?

When you say you "somehow linked" both IDs have you got all your apps and contacts on BlackBerry ID2?
    11-30-13 06:10 AM
    You say that "I was using ID#2 (for the sake simplicity) and I bought many apps under this ID and I had all my BBM contacts with this ID as well." So what happened to this ID? What phone was it on? And are you still using this phone?

The only thing I can think of is a switch devices, setting up your current phone with ID#2. This will wipe the phone as it is (same as a security wipe) and set it up as a 'new phone' with your ID#2. I'm not sure if this will work if you don't have the old device (associated with ID#2).

If not, do a complete security wipe and set up as a new device. When setting up BBM after a wipe, it will ask for your BBID. When you type in ID#2, it will warn you that it is used by another device. You just indicate that you accept taking it off the other device and onto this one. Hope this works.
    11-30-13 11:37 PM
    I'm a complicated situation with my BlackBerry ID not being allowed because its "already being used" (when it's not).

Long story short. I was using ID#2 (for the sake simplicity) and I bought many apps under this ID and I had all my BBM contacts with this ID as well.

I some how managed to link all my BBM contacts and paid apps with a very old ID and we'll call this ID#1. The problem is my ID#1 is a very old email and I no longer use it and I do not wish to use it anymore or have anything associated with it.

I'm currently using a BlackBerry Z10 and I tried to go to the BlackBerry ID setting option and tried changing it back to my ID#2 but it's telling me that this ID is already being used. I've tried to security wipe and starting fresh with the ID but I'm getting the same message. I've tried switching emails on the BlackBerry ID website. I've tried literally every option available. Any help would greatly be appreciated 3 days trying to fix this many hours and it's starting to get really frustrating.

Thank You in advance
    I had The exact same problem,got locked out of my account. BlackBerry tech support were of no use so I had no choice but to leave blackberry behind.

sent from my galaxy note 3
    12-01-13 02:39 AM

Thank You in advance
    Seems to me you managed to sort the hard stuff yourself (getting al apps and contacts under one ID).

Now all you have to do is change the email it is linked to.
    12-01-13 12:22 PM
    This is possible to do - just sign in to your BBID and edit your info there.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-13 07:41 AM
    This is possible to do - just sign in to your BBID and edit your info there.

Posted via CB10
    But the problem is that despite putting the right password in ,I got locked out and can't reset because my reset email goes to the BlackBerry email address.

sent from my galaxy note 3
    12-05-13 07:39 AM