OK, first I am not a big thread writer or blog guy. But I have a blackberry for work and an iphone for personal use and enjoy reading the blogs. I am up for renewal on the personal phone and am struggling between the 9930 or iphone5 / 4s / 4gs ect when they are released.

The new concept of the icloud is enticing, just as I enjoy the automatic wireless syncing from my work blackberry. My question is, does blackberry have an icloud similar feature for the individual customer and if so what is it called?

does anyone have an answer? I would like to get the new blackberry but I want my data (email, calendar, contacts) to remain synced across the phone and computer and preferably for free....
    Last edited by nextelberry1683; 06-17-11 at 11:47 PM.
    06-17-11 11:24 PM
    As of now, none I am aware of, but Amazon is rumored to be working on an app for their awesome Cloud Player which really is just for MP3's though.

As it is, my BB is all I use for my emails, calendars, and contacts, well unless you count when I bridge it to the Playbook. I almost never go on my computer to check emails.

Also didn't you ever hear of Blackberry Desktop Manager? It backs up/syncs the stuff on your computer/Blackberry. Already been around for several years. Apple syns iPhones with iTunes.

Much of the hype on the iCloud has already been done in some way or another. Cloud Drive for all your itunes? Already several platforms, my fav is Amazon's Cloud Player. Saving photos, Facebook apps with phone cameras- nuff said there. Phone data to your computer, old news been around for awhile now.

Not sure why everyone is so high on iCloud? Maybe bc its Apple? I dunno?
    06-18-11 03:10 PM
    I have desktop manager on the computer now, but I really enjoy the fact with my work BES blackberry, that if I update a contact, email or calendar on the BB, I don't have to plug it in and sync it when hope on the computer to do work; its already been done. I would just like to see a product that does teh for the average BB individual customer.

And I am aware that icloud is not a new concept, I think what does appear to be a new concept (and please correct me if I am wrong) is that Apple is making the basic features for free. That is what caught my attention.
    06-19-11 01:33 AM
    Dropbox - no i required
    06-19-11 11:49 AM
    I have desktop manager on the computer now, but I really enjoy the fact with my work BES blackberry, that if I update a contact, email or calendar on the BB, I don't have to plug it in and sync it when hope on the computer to do work; its already been done. I would just like to see a product that does teh for the average BB individual customer.

And I am aware that icloud is not a new concept, I think what does appear to be a new concept (and please correct me if I am wrong) is that Apple is making the basic features for free. That is what caught my attention.
    Gmail and yahoo sync contacts and calendar ota and hotmail now syncs contacts too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-11 12:39 PM
    Dropbox - no i required
    The Dropbox client is not fantastic on the Blackberry though, it's hardly anywhere near where it should be.

Filescout with the Dropbox plugin does what I believe the dropbox app should do and makes it a far more useful tool
    06-19-11 12:53 PM
    The Dropbox client is not fantastic on the Blackberry though, it's hardly anywhere near where it should be.

Filescout with the Dropbox plugin does what I believe the dropbox app should do and makes it a far more useful tool
    I prefer using the dropbox website instead.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-11 01:28 PM
    From what I've read, iCloud is only going to be free initially, and then they will start charging. A bigger concern, IMO, is what a constant iCloud sync is going to do to your various data plans...
    06-19-11 02:25 PM
    From what I've read, iCloud is only going to be free initially, and then they will start charging. A bigger concern, IMO, is what a constant iCloud sync is going to do to your various data plans...
    It also assumes you have all your devices on, I don't leave my laptop on and every time i turn it on my blackberry is beside it.
    And photos only get stored in the icloud for 30 days, you could end up loosing photos.
    06-19-11 03:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD