I call bs on the OP's story.

Who walks up to a complete stranger, just to comment on their phone?

Nexus 6p 64gb
    07-24-16 12:39 AM
    I wholeheartedly agree. I carry a Q10 and a Lumia 950 (Q10 for email, calendar, messaging, 950 for camera and apps). Win10 Mobile feels better to me than Android or iOS, but nothing even comes close to BB10!
    It's pretty bad when people are using Windows Phone for apps, lol.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-16 09:53 AM
    You're absolutely right. While Apple was developing their mobile OS, Blackberry did nothing. Their timing was horrible. IF they had come out with BB10, even if not ready for prime time, at the same time iOS and Android came out we may be having a different conversation.
    They could have come out with BB10 as late as 2nd quarter in 2012 and they could have gotten more marketshare. The market was not fully vested in Android just yet. The media was expecting something new from BlackBerry between 2010-2011 since the Playbook came out in September 2010. The Playbook was applauded for its OS, but boo'd for not having email. The Palm OS crowd saw lots of similarities with Palm OS and Playbook's OS. But delays until 2013 was just too long. That's 2.5 years after Playbook. The eco system for Android evolved exponentially during that time. It's just a shame, but timing was big.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-16 10:03 AM
    They could have come out with BB10 as late as 2nd quarter in 2012 and they could have gotten more marketshare. The market was not fully vested in Android just yet. The media was expecting something new from BlackBerry between 2010-2011 since the Playbook came out in September 2010. The Playbook was applauded for its OS, but boo'd for not having email. The Palm OS crowd saw lots of similarities with Palm OS and Playbook's OS. But delays until 2013 was just too long. That's 2.5 years after Playbook. The eco system for Android evolved exponentially during that time. It's just a shame, but timing was big.

"They could have come out with BB10 as late as 2nd quarter in 2012 and they could have gotten more marketshare"

This quote is spot on in a lot of ways. The fact that they spent so much time developing PlayBook to compete with iPad, which at the time didn't have a camera and other features, was a wasted opportunity for BlackBerry.

They purchased QNX in April 2010 and by the fall of that year they had a decent little foundation of the software down for the PlayBook. The original estimate was for the QNX "Superphones" as they were dubbed was early 2012 but if they would have focused on the one item it would have helped for them to launch in 2011 or early 2012.

The fact that they kept telling people early 2012 while at the same time launching BB7 devices in the fall was a mixed message. Lots of buyers either didn't buy BB7 or held off for a BB10 and it didn't show up for a year.

I remember those conference calls with the CEO's at the time and it seemed like the company didn't actually know how big of a project this was.

In the book "Losing the Signal" Jim Balsille claims that the 2nd delay of BB10 at the time was one of the factors that made him decide to quit the CEO role. The lack of communication between the 2 was insane.

In any event they could have had a smaller role but more market share without the delays. The fact that they had made purchase orders for millions and millions of added parts also financially crippled the company too after BB210 launched.

Ahh looking back and you see all these mistakes. Tisk tisk
    Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    07-24-16 01:28 PM
    I call bs on the OP's story.

Who walks up to a complete stranger, just to comment on their phone?

Nexus 6p 64gb
    Lol thats not a BS if ur always at tgi fridays.. im always at the bar top for ur info. please verify the information first before calling it BS

Posted via CB10
    07-24-16 08:14 PM
    Sorry for feeding the troll. cribble2k is a certified troll

Posted via CB10
    07-24-16 09:39 PM
    It's pretty bad when people are using Windows Phone for apps, lol.
    The app gap is really not as bad as people think Most of the big name apps are there, plus the airline I use, my bank, app to pay for parking, etc. Apart from Snapchat and Pok�mon Go (neither of which appeal to me personally), I am not sure which apps I would want.
    07-27-16 02:01 AM
    I wholeheartedly agree. I carry a Q10 and a Lumia 950 (Q10 for email, calendar, messaging, 950 for camera and apps). Win10 Mobile feels better to me than Android or iOS, but nothing even comes close to BB10!
    You bought a Windows Phone for apps? Really?
    07-27-16 06:09 AM
    Sorry for feeding the troll. cribble2k is a certified troll

Posted via CB10
    Oh no.

A random Internet nobody gave their opinion of me.

Nexus 6p 64gb
    07-29-16 07:30 AM
    Oh no.

A random Internet nobody gave their opinion of me.

Nexus 6p 64gb
    looooooooool random internet nobody naaah just recently stalked u because I wanna check if ur a troll or not because u sound like a troll. Dont worry this is the last time I will respond to ur post

Posted via CB10
    07-29-16 09:49 AM
    You bought a Windows Phone for apps? Really?
    Ya, really Have you tried continuum? It's awesome.
    10-16-16 06:05 AM
36 12