Have had my berry curve for two weeks and am currently using the lousy pouch it came with. I am a fulltime paramedic and am looking for something that looks nice but will also protect my blackberry. I need to carry it on my belt since my pockets are usually full of other equipment for obvious reasons. Can anyone suggest what works best to carry my berry in?
    01-22-09 10:44 AM
    more of a belt clip style but seidio makes the best accessories for any phone.

Seidioonline - Your Leading Manufacturer of Smartphone Accessories
    01-22-09 10:48 AM
    id go with the otterbox with your profesion and everything it looks good yet its very rugged and offers good protection

We've Got Technology Covered // OtterBox.com
    01-22-09 10:50 AM
    I don't know your experience with BB holsters, but ensure if you go generic that it will still function like the BB holster do, by this I mean all your profiles work so that we it is in the holster it will ring/vibrate or both. When it is out of the holster it will ring only/vibrate only or both. Again, whatever you decide to buy make sure of this.
    01-22-09 10:53 AM
    i thought the in and out of holster settings were triggered by the magnet in the bottom of the holster to turn the phone to sleep mode?
    01-22-09 11:03 AM
    Thanks guys!! I am looking at the belt clip style. I've seen a few different types but not sure which is the most protective from both physical damage and fluids (if you know what I mean).
    01-22-09 11:07 AM
    the seidio one does this.
    if you get the innocase with the clip then the phone goes into the clip face first and if you get any (fluids) on the phone (back)then you can take the innocase off and properly was it.
    01-22-09 11:12 AM
    Take a look at this pouch that you can also wear on the hip.
    Golla Cube Black Mobile Music Bag - G352
    01-22-09 11:13 AM
    i thought the in and out of holster settings were triggered by the magnet in the bottom of the holster to turn the phone to sleep mode?
    I know the magnet does as you state, however, it's my believe that it has two two functions - Sleep mode and knows when the phone is in the holster in order to activate the profiles. Maybe someone else can confirm this.
    01-22-09 11:18 AM
    the seidio one does this.
    if you get the innocase with the clip then the phone goes into the clip face first and if you get any (fluids) on the phone (back)then you can take the innocase off and properly was it.
    It looks as though I have to purchase the inno case and then a holster as well. Is this the case?
    01-22-09 11:19 AM
    I know the magnet does as you state, however, it's my believe that it has two two functions - Sleep mode and knows when the phone is in the holster in order to activate the profiles. Maybe someone else can confirm this.

you are correct with this, this is how you can have several different profile settings, 1 set of profiles for unholsterd a 2nd set for holstered
    01-22-09 11:22 AM
    I'm usin the OEM top flip leather case, which looks good with your uniform, protects your berry and has the magnet. The downside to this case is it tends to fall off my belt with a house bag flyin around (it knocked my berry into the snow last week, I freaked), but my belt is also very wide. Nothing worse than loosing your berry on a psych call...
    01-22-09 11:32 AM
    you are correct with this, this is how you can have several different profile settings, 1 set of profiles for unholsterd a 2nd set for holstered
    I'm a little confused: which one is correct?

1. all cases with magnets that put the BB to sleep will allow for the two profiles - holstered and unholstered;

OR

2. Only some cases with magnets will allow for the two profiles (holstered and unholstered) and you must be careful when you purchase to get one that allows two profiles. In other words - not all sleep inducing magnets are created equal.

Thanks!
    01-22-09 11:37 AM
    I'm usin the OEM top flip leather case, which looks good with your uniform, protects your berry and has the magnet. The downside to this case is it tends to fall off my belt with a house bag flyin around (it knocked my berry into the snow last week, I freaked), but my belt is also very wide. Nothing worse than loosing your berry on a psych call...
    Ha...that creates two psych patients!!! Does the flip case use a magnet to close the flip or is it velcro?
    01-22-09 11:37 AM
    I'm a little confused: which one is correct?

1. all cases with magnets that put the BB to sleep will allow for the two profiles - holstered and unholstered;

OR

2. Only some cases with magnets will allow for the two profiles (holstered and unholstered) and you must be careful when you purchase to get one that allows two profiles. In other words - not all sleep inducing magnets are created equal.

Thanks!
    #1 but make sure it states that it will activate your profiles (notification alerts). When in doubt, buy geniune.
    01-22-09 11:48 AM
    Ha...that creates two psych patients!!! Does the flip case use a magnet to close the flip or is it velcro?
    Uses a magnet.
    01-22-09 11:56 AM
    Uses a magnet.
    Its a decent magnet as well...you have to be careful with this peticular case, as when the top is open it may become attrached to your belt buckle and stay open.
    01-22-09 04:48 PM
    Having done some work in the medical field I would whole heartedly recommend the otterbox. It should protect from fluids for the most part and if you drop it out of the ambulance straight onto the street your berry will be fine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-22-09 09:34 PM
    I don't know your experience with BB holsters, but ensure if you go generic that it will still function like the BB holster do, by this I mean all your profiles work so that we it is in the holster it will ring/vibrate or both. When it is out of the holster it will ring only/vibrate only or both. Again, whatever you decide to buy make sure of this.
    how does the phone detects if it is in holster?
    03-02-09 02:50 AM
    There is a small magnet in the holster. The BB senses the magnet and will sleep. You can also hold a magnet nearby and it will put it to sleep.
    03-02-09 06:38 AM
    There is a small magnet in the holster. The BB senses the magnet and will sleep. You can also hold a magnet nearby and it will put it to sleep.
    oh ok..thanks.

OT:how can i make it in sleep mode even if i will not put in holster.
    03-03-09 01:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD