BlackBerry Announces Two New Executive Appointments - Seeking Alpha

John Chen has hired two more ex-colleagues to join BlackBerry 's (BBRY) ranks. Jim Mackey, who has worked as a corporate development exec at Open Text and SAP, has been named BlackBerry's VP of corporate development/strategic planning, and Mark Wilson, who was most recently Avaya's CMO and once was a marketing exec at Sybase, has been named BlackBerry's marketing chief. (PR)

---
    Innerestinggg. Should look into his previous work and see how his other campaigns fared.

Posted via CB10
    web99, JLagoon and pantlesspenguin like this.
    12-18-13 05:01 PM
    That is good.

At least they realize that their marketing need a lot of work.

Hope there is more to come.
    12-18-13 05:07 PM
    Mr. Chen is moving fast. Good for him. It took a year and a half to hire the last guy.
    12-18-13 05:21 PM
    Huge news, and no chatter about it? Come on, folks! What's the matter, not negative enough for the hordes of malcontents who've taken over these forums?

This is the best news we've had in years. All the people who have been criticizing BB for not bringing in outside blood, well here you go. If the company can't pull itself back into good health with people like this coming on board, it never will. It's great to see that Mr. Chen is serious about righting this ship and not just spouting empty buzzwords in between quarterly earnings reports. Cheers, Prem Watsa, for finally doing what this company so desperately needed by hiring John Chen.
    12-18-13 08:06 PM
    Huge news, and no chatter about it? Come on, folks! What's the matter, not negative enough for the hordes of malcontents who've taken over these forums?

This is the best news we've had in years. All the people who have been criticizing BB for not bringing in outside blood, well here you go. If the company can't pull itself back into good health with people like this coming on board, it never will. It's great to see that Mr. Chen is serious about righting this ship and not just spouting empty buzzwords in between quarterly earnings reports. Cheers, Prem Watsa, for finally doing what this company so desperately needed by hiring John Chen.
    And all the people trying to spin things negatively , saying:
    Chen fires the marketing guy so there you have it, no more handheld only software.

Better android than android. The future is black....
    Cold Dog likes this.
    12-18-13 08:37 PM
    It's good to see CEO Chen making it a priority to fill the marketing position. I'm hoping that with this new appointment, I'm hoping that BlackBerry changes course and becomes more effective in the way they market their products.

Posted via CB10 from my spectacular Z10
    12-18-13 08:41 PM
    Forgive me my transgressions, for I have cross-posted this topic in the NEWS forum, because this is NEWS. Not only is it NEWS, it's HUGE NEWS. NEWS that bears repeating.

And forgive me for yelling. I'm sure you'll agree there hasn't been much to get excited about around here lately, and this is unquestionablyexciting stuff.
    pantlesspenguin and Cold Dog like this.
    12-18-13 08:50 PM

Been burnt before, many times. Now a little hesitant to pour the Koolaide. For all we know, this could be Boulbin 2.0. Wait and see.
    12-18-13 09:07 PM
    BBFanatic4Life likes this.
    12-18-13 09:16 PM
    Awesome news. Get rid of all the old and bring in the new.
    web99 and pantlesspenguin like this.
    12-18-13 09:17 PM
    Forgive me my transgressions, for I have cross-posted this topic in the NEWS forum, because this is NEWS. Not only is it NEWS, it's HUGE NEWS. NEWS that bears repeating.

And forgive me for yelling. I'm sure you'll agree there hasn't been much to get excited about around here lately, and this is unquestionablyexciting stuff.
    It is good news Chen is filling the roles. But why is it huge news?
    12-18-13 10:32 PM
    ..i like him

Posted via CB10
    12-18-13 11:47 PM
    that bears repeating.
    ISWYDT
    sleepngbear likes this.
    12-18-13 11:54 PM
    I guess with BlackBerry not moving to Silicon Valley, Silicon Valley is moving to Waterloo. Chen, Sims now these two guys. It's a team that has worked together before. Let's hope they can fit in to BlackBerry culture and vice versa.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 12:17 AM
    Mark really seems to know what he's talking about and is the type of person that has a game plan.

The more I listened to him talk the more I could see how his logic and way of thinking could really help BlackBerry get back on track.

2014 should be a very exciting year and I hope Chen keeps adding key pieces to his team.
    web99 likes this.
    12-19-13 12:52 AM