Am I the only one having serious issues since updating to the latest OS? I have a Sprint Tour 9630 that I ADORE! But since upgrading the OS ive had nothing but issues and im about to run over the damn thing! A call comes in, and it vibrates and flashes and rings, but the screen wont light up with callers id and wont let me answer it. The phone is CONSTANTLY freezing up on me, doesnt matter what Im doing, no rhyme or reason to it. And then about once a day I get a white screen with errro 523 in very small font telling mei have to reset. WHAT IS GOING ON?! I ADORE my BB but im about to go to the Evo if this doesnt get fixed. Is anyone else having issues like this?
    11-30-10 07:42 PM
    Am I the only one having serious issues since updating to the latest OS? I have a Sprint Tour 9630 that I ADORE! But since upgrading the OS ive had nothing but issues and im about to run over the damn thing! A call comes in, and it vibrates and flashes and rings, but the screen wont light up with callers id and wont let me answer it. The phone is CONSTANTLY freezing up on me, doesnt matter what Im doing, no rhyme or reason to it. And then about once a day I get a white screen with errro 523 in very small font telling mei have to reset. WHAT IS GOING ON?! I ADORE my BB but im about to go to the Evo if this doesnt get fixed. Is anyone else having issues like this?
    Downgrade to the prior or at least a different OS. Not every OS is going to be good or bug free, and apparently the one you have caused these problems you're experiencing.

Do you have a PC or a Mac? If you have a Mac, it is difficult (install windows emulator) or impossible. If you have a PC I'll explain how to do it...
    Last edited by the_sandman_454; 11-30-10 at 08:02 PM.
    lssanjose likes this.
    11-30-10 07:58 PM
    Did you perform any Battery Pulls after you downloaded the OS? It has been my experience with the 5.0 OS downloads that between 4-6 Battery Pulls helps the OS to get settled in. Every 5.0 OS I've loaded has acted up unless I settled it in.

I had crashes, freezing, all kinds of erratic behavior after loading .983. Now it seems to be functioning quite well. Only issue I have is no lightning bolt icon when charging. Give it a try. If it doesn't work, then look at downgrading.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-30-10 11:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD