So will this be the end for the handset division at BlackBerry come April 1st announcement??

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-28-16 04:42 PM
    Put it this way. If I, in the future, am looking to buy a handset with a PKB and none are available, I'm not going to buy an iPhone or a Droid with a 6" screen and half a million CPUs just because I can't find a BlackBerry. I'll revert to a feature phone if necessary.

Where there's a market, there will be a product. If nobody can find a way to make a feature phone with a full keyboard, then so be it. But it all does distinctly smell of total ridiculousness.
    whattiger likes this.
    03-28-16 04:45 PM
    So will this be the end for the handset division at BlackBerry come April 1st announcement??

I feel the April numbers will determine if the Priv is selling in the numbers they are expecting, but I think the 2nd quarter numbers will be the determining factor for the handset division. All we can do is wait and see what the future holds.
    03-28-16 05:11 PM
    Why don't they just stay with android, and release a phone every 6 to 9months nothing more nothing less, and realistically they will be fine

03-28-16 05:23 PM
    I highly doubt BlackBerry would can handsets just as VZ started selling but you can never say never.

Posted via BlackBerry PRIV
    03-28-16 05:47 PM
    BlackBerry needs to advertise and market their products or else they're going to find themselves out of handset division before the end of the year.
    03-28-16 06:34 PM
    I feel the April numbers will determine if the Priv is selling in the numbers they are expecting, but I think the 2nd quarter numbers will be the determining factor for the handset division. All we can do is wait and see what the future holds.
    Why buy a phone from a manufacturer that is contemplating leaving the business? Either be all in or out.
    silversmith75 likes this.
    03-29-16 10:59 AM
    Why buy a phone from a manufacturer that is contemplating leaving the business? Either be all in or out.
    That is the problem they have had since the "BlackBerry is for sale " disaster. No one knows what is going to happen and with the uncertainty know one wants to buy if they think they are going out of business. And with the lack of new bb10 all touch handset people are heading for the door. Cause all things are pointing to them shutting the doors. They said bb10 didn't sell well. There was over 1 million bb10 devises sold. And that figure as dropped ever since then. Why should it go up. No successor to the z line no successor to the q. They have had the passport and the classic. Failed attempts they just seem to be no knee jerk reactions and flailing attempts to stop the hemorrhage It's a shame but BlackBerry has really done this to them selves. They could have taken back market share by showing a superior os. But they never advertised. So people just don't know.

# love my bb10
    03-29-16 11:44 AM
    BB10 is not a reason to buy a BlackBerry, it is a reason not to buy. PKB is a niche but PKB with BB10 has a really small demand. They need at least one more Android PKB device then they should advertise the benefits of using a PKB.
    03-29-16 07:50 PM
    Why don't they just stay with android, and release a phone every 6 to 9months nothing more nothing less, and realistically they will be fine

bacuase if they cant make money selling 1 why make another that doesnt make any money...i not sure how you thing they will "be fine" by doing this.
    JeepBB likes this.
    03-29-16 08:26 PM
    Well the only option is to quit altogether. It is my understanding that the Vienna will be cheaper to build.
    03-29-16 10:04 PM
    Well the only option is to quit altogether. It is my understanding that the Vienna will be cheaper to build.
    According to the new rumors making round, two devices will come out this year codenamed Rome and Hamburg. One will be full touch screen and the other a premium device with a keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-16 11:04 PM
    Blackberry is no different then any other manufacturer, you can't continue to make a product that no one is buying. GM and Chrysler found this out in 2008 and the result was bankruptcy.

I would rather see them continue to pursue the security software end of the business and if they do want to make devices, buy a device from a known manufacturer and put your custom software on it and market it that way.

There are plenty of device manufacturers in China who could make a nice device with premium specs for a price you could actually flash your custom software on and still make a profit. Just thinking outside the box here folks.
    neoberry99 likes this.
    03-31-16 10:43 AM
    I believe they will not announce the end of the handset business tomorrow. However, I don't believe any big announcements will be made either, besides software updates to their existing phones.
    Troy Tiscareno and neoberry99 like this.
    03-31-16 12:36 PM
    According to the new rumors making round, two devices will come out this year codenamed Rome and Hamburg. One will be full touch screen and the other a premium device with a keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    why make an all touch android? There's plenty of them already out there.
    03-31-16 12:51 PM
    Chen will not commit to anything any more except what he said in the past and that is questionable to say the least however I believe we all know what the future is .
    03-31-16 01:32 PM
    Because all touch phones are what's selling these days, so that would be a smart move by BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-16 02:46 AM
    They would certainly need to do more to stand out from the crowd!

BlackBerry Classic non-camera, Cricket Wireless
    04-01-16 05:15 AM
    That is the problem they have had since the "BlackBerry is for sale " disaster. No one knows what is going to happen and with the uncertainty know one wants to buy if they think they are going out of business. And with the lack of new bb10 all touch handset people are heading for the door. Cause all things are pointing to them shutting the doors. They said bb10 didn't sell well. There was over 1 million bb10 devises sold. And that figure as dropped ever since then. Why should it go up. No successor to the z line no successor to the q. They have had the passport and the classic. Failed attempts they just seem to be no knee jerk reactions and flailing attempts to stop the hemorrhage It's a shame but BlackBerry has really done this to them selves. They could have taken back market share by showing a superior os. But they never advertised. So people just don't know.

# love my bb10
    That was the biggest mistake BlackBerry made. You are setting yourself up for failure by announcing that. Then you are all by guaranteeing failure by saying that if I can't make money, I will stop making phones. Nobody will buy the phones when you mention that. They also failed by not doing advertising showing that BB10 can do the same things and more than an iPhone. The ads to promote the phone didn't give people the impression that BB10 was a smart phone. They still don't advertise. They also should have kept the name RIM.
    silversmith75 likes this.
    04-01-16 05:51 AM
    I believe they will not announce the end of the handset business tomorrow. However, I don't believe any big announcements will be made either, besides software updates to their existing phones.
    Well I was right about one thing.
    04-01-16 09:07 AM
    It would have hurt the stock even more if he did.
    04-01-16 09:17 AM