Having just won the Red dot award, BlackBerry's design team is on a high. With broad section and types of devices at disposal, they have a lot of opportunities to explore and innovate now. I am actually quite excited and waiting to see the next few devices coming out of Waterloo. Slider already seems to have some innovation up its sleeve.

In comparison Apple and Samsung really seem to be at the end of their innovation cycles and I sense they have tougher decisions to make on the designs of their next smartphones.

BlackBerry could really win this war if they can keep up the ante. We could have exciting times ahead.

Blackberry Classic | Circa 2015
    04-11-15 04:39 AM
    BlackBerry has long been ahead but the media has constantly put them down, partly because of stock market short sellers influence. Think of it: even my old Bold had things like NFC, that iPhone only got with the 6, and other things, like a MicroSD slot, that iPhone still does not have.

TCB on Z10
    04-11-15 05:32 AM
    Excellent win for Blackberry so glad to see this Red dot award for Passport design however if they do not sell a ton of them they will not be able to keep up the handset business.Lets hope their sales do jump up so we can continue to enjoy there award winning products .
    04-11-15 05:36 AM
    It was never a question of how great or not so great of a hardware design BlackBerry may have released thus far, it's all about the non business consumer wanting entertainment apps and not giving a second thought to privacy and/or security. Unfortunately BlackBerry failed to adapt to the changing market, and are now playing catch up. The so called app gap is ever so slowly closing, hopefully BlackBerry can hang on long enough to fully realize John Chens turn around plan.

Loving my Passport!
    04-11-15 06:19 AM