02-12-08 04:27 PM
29 12
tools
    i like to take my blackberry everywhere with me even to the gym i dont kno why but i always get dirty looks when im using it!! like yesterday i was working out and texting at the same time and this chick totally stared me down and asked me if i really had to do that right now and my answer to her was..um...YES!!

i guess my question to all you crack heads is do people hate on you when your using??? and if so where do they hate on you the most
    02-11-08 04:56 PM
    did you get her number?

-db

sounds like a keeper to me
    02-11-08 04:59 PM
    LOL they hate me in the elevator. They try to talk but then get pissed cause I just type away. This happens almost daily.
    02-11-08 05:00 PM
    I was at walmart this afternoon and I had just texted someone and had my BB in my hand. A woman walked past me and said "Is that a phone?" to which I responded yes. She then said that it was biggest ugliest phone she'd seen. WTF? Why would she care how my phone looks?
    02-11-08 05:16 PM
    Oh yeah, I get hated on...I noticed that when I'm walking through the mall and I'm typing on it I get some oogly stares. Not very pretty at all.
    02-11-08 05:18 PM
    Oh yea, same here my friends will be on their sidekicks but complain about me being on my blackberry; Although I'm not on anywhere as much as they are..

But just rep who you are, everyones got their thing, I like to think BB users are a bit more savvy and sophisticated at what they do. In my case, socializing online and off :]

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-11-08 05:25 PM
    When I am on my BB the outside world is almost non existent. LOL

So if I do get a-lot of looks I am sure I would not notice.
    02-11-08 05:44 PM
    Ive only gotten good looks for some reason. I'd put it down on the table when im doing stuff cuz I usually keep it in my front pocket, but sitting is hard. People tend to look over because its pretty shiny in its skin. Then I'd just tell them its a blackberry. Haven't gotten a negative response yet, and hoping not to
    02-11-08 05:51 PM
    My boss is always giving me the evil eye. He's on the waiting list for his work supplied BBerry, I got my personal one for Christmas and "jumped" the line. It pays to schmooze the IT dept! :-)

02-11-08 06:08 PM
    I get people going ''wow, look at his phone, that's well good!'' And ''he's too young to have a BlackBerry''(in a good way!) :P

02-11-08 06:18 PM
    I think GYM and Church are the two main places you could 'really' leave your BlackBerry alone.

But, that's just my opinion...
    02-11-08 06:24 PM
    i think of myself as pretty coordinated... but dont think i would enjoy texting and working out...

and i need a workout...

-db
    02-11-08 06:37 PM
    I get dirty looks at work and when using and walking thru the Mall.

02-11-08 06:54 PM
    actually, i use my bb in the gym. i turn of all connections and then turn on my media player w/ the headphones, phone goes in the holster and i get my work out on for 2hrs 3x a wk.

i wasn't about to buy and ipod, when my bb handle the job just well.
    02-11-08 06:59 PM
    I confess, guilty again!... I always have my BB in the gym and have occasionally read or fired off a quick txt/email in between sets/exercises... and I'm def not the only one doing it in my gym.
    02-11-08 07:03 PM
    I have plenty of haters at work. It's not my fault they settled for a flip phone...
    02-11-08 07:09 PM
    well... here i go again! off to the gym with blackberry in hand!! eek
    02-11-08 07:35 PM
    I agree with muu. I take my BB to the gym, plug in the headset and jam to the music

Who needs an iPod if you have a BB????

02-11-08 07:43 PM
    I've recently got the 8830 and have used it at the gym but only to listen to music while I'm working out. Nice to not have to worry about a hard disk or wires (Moto S9's)
    02-11-08 08:44 PM
    Definitley school. There is this new rule, if you get caught with your phone out, it is a 5 hour detention on Satirday. I still use it though in the classes where I know the teachers don't really care if they see it. I wish I could use it for note taking and assignments. That would be awesome.

02-11-08 08:47 PM
    I used to take my old P900 Sony to the gym and that thing was much bigger and much more or a pain in the ***. You are right though, nothing but weird looks. I think they are just upset because they can't multi task as efficiently. Now my bb pearl never leaves me.where ever I am. Obsessed? Maybe a little...

02-12-08 01:52 AM
    My Curve is also always with me while I work out at treadmill. Alsowas is best to have your music with you...

But S9 is another story. Really ****ty, sweat kills them... (At least mine do)
    02-12-08 04:07 AM
    Use curve as my media player at the gym, but nobody gives me dirty looks.
    02-12-08 10:16 AM
    I def have my bberry with me at the gym but i never use it. it just hangs out in my coach wristlet waiting for my workout to be over. i'm a big fan of my ipod when im working out...

I would much rather use my ipod than my bberry because when i am running i don't really want to be disturbed by anything. It's my "me" time.. time to clear my head etc...

thats just me
    02-12-08 10:29 AM
    ~Haters are everywhere...maybe those individuals should "upgrade" they're phone and get with the times...~
    02-12-08 12:24 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD