Not bad for a brand new platform.

http://m.afr.com/p/technology/blackb...83d77EBCN59qlM

Posted via CB10
    saimrathi, svelt, web99 and 6 others like this.
    07-05-13 12:21 PM
    Thanks for that. It is good to see this kind of press. It will take time for BB to get a foothold. Windows phone has taken 2 years to gain a small slice of the market and they have plenty of money to throw at developers and manufacturers. BB will be stronger soon enough. I think analysts are still going to give BB a high level of expectations and the stock may drop a bit more. Not worried though. I would like to see the shorts cash in and go away. This here is some good news.

On an unrelated topic. Can I ask what the significance of your username is? Work on 777s or just your lucky number? lol.
    07-05-13 12:31 PM
    So what *are* the market share figures?
    07-05-13 12:37 PM
    In australia?? Damn we take it how it comes.BB need to keep working hard.
    Last edited by RECOOL; 07-05-13 at 01:50 PM.
    07-05-13 12:39 PM
    I hope q10 or q5 accelerate this trend

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 01:23 PM
    In australia dman we take it how it comes.BB need to keep working hard.
    No doubt. It is still an uphill battle.
    07-05-13 01:49 PM
    Yet another lie from a BB Exec, how the hell did they triple their marketshare with only 2.7 million BB10 devices shipped Globally.
    07-05-13 01:50 PM
    Yet another lie from a BB Exec, how the hell did they triple their marketshare with only 2.7 million BB10 devices shipped Globally.
    Why does this have to be a lie? Couldn't they have had a puny share of the market to begin with?

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 01:58 PM
    "“For the quarter that just ended we tripled our [Australian] market share, which is by no means a small feat with a brand new platform."

Where is that BB exec getting his data from? StatCounter web views?

According to Comscore, here are the Smartphone Sales Share in Australia

3 months ending Mar 2013 - 0.5%
    3 months ending Apr 2013 - 0.3%
    3 months ending May 2013 - 0.4%

Now since 0.5% in March is such a tiny starting point, it is not hard to imagine increasing to 1.5% in June with all the "pent up demand".
    07-05-13 02:06 PM
    Why do folks take this so personally. Those sort of comments are uncalled for.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 02:09 PM
    You obviously don't know how math works I suppose. If you have 20 ppl that own a BlackBerry and you sell 40, you have 60 or you have 3 X 20 phones, thus 3 tomes their marketshare. Not hard to understand. While those aren't the real numbers by any means, it's an example.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 02:30 PM
    They had negligible market share in Aus, so this doesn't seem at all far-fetched. Good news to see that they are pushing it!
    07-05-13 03:02 PM
    Why does this have to be a lie? Couldn't they have had a puny share of the market to begin with?

Posted via CB10
    Exactly my thought. BlackBerry market share was almost non existent but perhaps now it's somewhat existent.

Keep hustling!

Posted via CB10
    dusdal likes this.
    07-05-13 03:07 PM
    Good to see it going up no matter how small the upswing is.
    07-05-13 03:10 PM
    They better keep working hard, as RIM's presence in Australia requires a lot more work. Overpriced BIS talk plans have burn't their reputation, letting Android and iOS platforms take the lead.
    07-29-13 10:36 PM

Posted via CB10
    Was beyond puny. They were around .2%
    Last edited by h20work; 07-29-13 at 11:13 PM.
    07-29-13 11:01 PM
    You've got to start somewhere and this growth is encouraging. BlackBerry in Australia I don't think was ever big and I'm guessing mostly are corporate clients or government.

BlackBerry will need to make it a prestigious product from the corporate side that can really enhance business needs while also allowing for that personal side partition. If you can satisfy an executive to have a value add offering while also having what they need as a personal phone... employees will want one too. That's how I wanted a BlackBerry when I first started working and when they were offered to me as a consumer, I was reeled in and then hooked.

Another strategy is to aim at building that social communications to be best of class ranging from popular social media sites and the cross platform BBM especially amongst the youth. BBM is the king still IMHO when it comes to the UI, typing experience and the BBM video/voice chat. Screen share is a differentiator too. If they can demo this to employees on the road doing collaborative work, i.e., PowerPoint slide deck or tech support, etc., they can win them over - adults and youth.

To be honest, most people I know with iPhones and Galaxy phones are mainly playing games, watching YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, instant messaging or taking pictures. If BlackBerry can show that they can either match or do better in sone of these areas as well as a solid experience with the new BB10 - they stand a chance to increase market share steadily.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-13 11:35 PM
    Any positive news is welcome these days
    07-30-13 02:00 PM
    I live in nz where there is almost zero carrier promotion and the only blackberry advertising comes from over seas. however in australia the opposite is the case , strong social media push from blackberry and solid push from the primary carrier . the phone features are not the selling point but product awareness. I. was out at a restaurant a few weeks a go and was showing the camera of my z10. comments were. wow a blackberry I thought they were dead and didn't make phones anymore . in nz on one of our carriers. they list 40 new phones and one bb a z10. how is bb going to get market share with odds like that and no adverising .advertising works not apps and features . apple and samsung. are good examples of getting market share from cleaver marketing. the products are flawed and give a performance that doesn't match the hipe yet they sell lots . good on you australia keep it going and well done blackbery australia
    07-30-13 02:23 PM
    Any upswing in sales is a welcome change given BB sales figures over the past 2 years. More devices in consumer hands raise product awareness.
    07-30-13 02:43 PM
    "He said that 97 per cent of the local smartphone market now comprised touch screen phones, with BlackBerry dominating the final 3 per cent."

Dominating 3% of smartphones.

Does anyone know the number of mobile phones shipped to Australia?

As of March 2013:
    "Australians love mobiles. We have one of the highest rates of smartphone penetration in the world, with up to 76 per cent of mobiles in Australia being smartphones."

http://exchange.telstra.com.au/2013/...-2013-wrap-up/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    07-30-13 03:29 PM
    07-30-13 04:06 PM
    07-30-13 04:26 PM
    Thank you.

So blackberry is "DOMINATING" Australia with a 480,000 unit marketshare or 3%.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    07-30-13 04:32 PM