I noticed that beginning two days ago...my gmail account emails were being delayed before being pushed to my Blackberry. I have changed nothing. I used to receive my emails instantaneously...and I require this for my work (this is the only reason that I started with BB).

I rerouted the emails around Gmail and sent them directly to my sprint.blackberry.net account...and receive them instantaneously. When I revert back to the Gmail route....I am delayed by 10-15 minutes again.

Does anyone have any ideas on why Gmail could all of a sudden be delaying the email push to my BB ?? Your help is greatly appreciated...my livelihood depends on this.

Thanks
    02-26-09 11:22 AM
    I do know that anything sent thru bb.net is instant; all others take anywhere between 8-12 minutes.
    02-26-09 12:43 PM
    I wish I could have a good idea or solution to this, but I don't. All I can say is that there are threads daily on here about someone having a Gmail issue.
    02-26-09 12:46 PM
    Scandalex...that may be your experience...but it certainly is not mine. I have been able to push instantaneously to my BB with my IMAP Gmail since I started it over a month ago....allofasudden it stopped!!

Anyone have experience using BB with your Yahoo email account? Is it instantaneous?
    02-26-09 01:28 PM
    Anyone have experience using BB with your Yahoo email account? Is it instantaneous?
    My Yahoo accounts work almost flawlessly.
    02-26-09 01:35 PM
    The notion that anything other than bb.net emails take longer is old...Gmail IMAP is supposed to be instant. This was done way back in 07 and implemented since...if you have gmail set to be accessed as POP, you get a 15 minute polling interval...if you forward ALL incoming emails to your BB email address, you get the push functionality. IMAP however works without forwarding..well, it used to atleast a couple of days back.

I have noticed the same delay too. My company has 2 domain names, both of which use Google Apps for email. On one, I am getting them instantly. On the other, I am seeing either a delay or even no forwarding (the email appears in the inbox on gmail).

Try resending your service books from the BIS site to see if that solves it...I have deleted and readded my accounts several times over the past few days...it starts with instant push and then degrades to a delayed delivery...could be the 2.6 BIS upgrade?

Also, Yahoo has instant push integrated for quite some time. Hotmail did too but for me has always been sporadic.
    02-26-09 01:41 PM
    I have had similar problems with my Gmail account which was instant push till about a week ago. Something must be up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-09 02:37 PM
    Well...I went into my BIS account and deleted my Gmail BB box....I then recreated the box per the Google instructions (which are quite specific you may recall...for IMAP). I now am getting my emails within 10 seconds again. Funny thing though....I do not get the red asterik on my Gmail folder on my BB....I only get the asterik on my messages folder on my BB.....but the email is in both places. I will resend my service books and see if it fixes the glitch.
    02-26-09 04:50 PM
    I have a thread going on this, and from what I understand there was a problem with the gmail servers this week that has since been resolved.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-09 06:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD