Hi everyone,
    I have an opportunity to get a free bb, I can choose any one currently on the market. I currently have an iPhone but have used an 8300, 8100, 7230 in the past.

I am currently on AT&T with a contract to expire in June. Therefore I started with their selection. I am guessing the "go to" device would be a 9700 but some reviews have pointed to a size preference as a reason someone might want the original bold. Does anyone have any input about other reasons I might want the original?

Also, is there any reason to consider moving to VZW for a Storm2 other then the touch screen? I probably wouldn't do that since the reason I'm going back to a blackberry is I would like to have a physical keyboard again. I just didn't know if there are any other features that might make it worthwhile.

Thanks in advance.
    01-04-10 08:45 PM
    Stick with the 8100

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-04-10 08:51 PM
    i say get the 9700. The touchpad is really nice. I have the storm 2 its a great phone but i think im going to get the tour 2, i kind of want that physical keyboard again plus it will have a touch pad. The trackball can be very annoying. i use to have the curve and the trackball would stick or if you got a lil grease on it or water, it would be difficult to scroll. 9700 buddy!
    01-04-10 09:07 PM
    I would have to vote for the 9700 also given the parameters you gave us. Get the best available since the cost is the same.
    01-04-10 09:31 PM
    But wait, by June, won't the Dakota or whatever it's called, the one with the keyboard and the touchscreen be out?
    01-04-10 11:08 PM
    I don't have ATT, but a lot of people seem really happy with the new 9700.
    01-04-10 11:46 PM
    i personally don't like the storm. i just don't like touch screen phones. my fingers don't agree with them. i have a bold now but sort of wonder why i didn't go for the upgraded curve, as i had no issues with the old school curve.
    01-04-10 11:52 PM
    i personally don't like the storm. i just don't like touch screen phones. my fingers don't agree with them. i have a bold now but sort of wonder why i didn't go for the upgraded curve, as i had no issues with the old school curve.
    Well for me the new curve doesn't have 3G which is a must.
    01-05-10 12:10 AM
    But wait, by June, won't the Dakota or whatever it's called, the one with the keyboard and the touchscreen be out?

I don't think the offer will be available that long, I think I'll have till the end of Jan to pick one.....if not less.
    01-05-10 12:11 AM
    If you like big touchscreens, get the Storm2, if you have to have a full keyboard get the 9700.
    01-05-10 12:11 AM
    Well for me the new curve doesn't have 3G which is a must.
    i was curious about what the difference was! i hadn't looked that far.

wher ei live, 3G makes no difference (i'm on at&t and in a mid-size town so it's not that big here). i have my phone set to 3G but it's no faster than the wifi or EDGE networks so i don't notice!
    01-05-10 12:14 AM
    Hi everyone,
    I have an opportunity to get a free bb, I can choose any one currently on the market. I currently have an iPhone but have used an 8300, 8100, 7230 in the past.

I am currently on AT&T with a contract to expire in June. Therefore I started with their selection. I am guessing the "go to" device would be a 9700 but some reviews have pointed to a size preference as a reason someone might want the original bold. Does anyone have any input about other reasons I might want the original?

Also, is there any reason to consider moving to VZW for a Storm2 other then the touch screen? I probably wouldn't do that since the reason I'm going back to a blackberry is I would like to have a physical keyboard again. I just didn't know if there are any other features that might make it worthwhile.

Thanks in advance.
    i'd say go for the 9700.
    01-05-10 05:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD