01-05-09 05:01 PM
- I meant to comment on the quality of the games. They are garbage all I'm asking for is something that runs well like brickbraker does and I don't have an iphone because att sucks and I can't switch but trust me if I could I would have an iphone...
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com04-15-08 11:09 AM
- I meant to comment on the quality of the games. They are garbage all I'm asking for is something that runs well like brickbraker does and I don't have an iphone because att sucks and I can't switch but trust me if I could I would have an iphone...some of you guys just don't get the point and post these moronics things like people don't care about games for phones games have always been on phones these games look like the **** I played on my 1st generation nokia Pos
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com04-15-08 11:12 AM
- All cell phones have games and they have had them for a long time the fact that the games on the bb look like games on my first gen nokia I'm just saying for 15 bucks a game I think we should get more...all u morons who say blackberries aren't for games don't realize all the customers rim would gain if they put out decent games
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com04-15-08 05:47 PM
Seriously though, I have Frogger and Tetris - both of which I play everyday. When I'm sitting in the car at the bus stop waiting on my kids, or in the doctor waiting room, etc. I am thinking about downloading Sudoku as well, I can always delete it if I don't like it!06-03-08 11:05 PM
- I can see that this is an old thread that got dug up, but I can't help myself...
Are you people serious? This forum has thread after thread requesting info on this game, or that game, Pac-Man, Tetris, Lingo, blah, blah, blah. It is almost a daily occurrence, so it is pretty obvious that BlackBerry users also want to play games. Now, the OP definitely came across with far too much attitude, but he has a relevant point; especially now that BlackBerrys are being aggressively marketed to the consumer market.
Games are a part of current cellphone culture, and just because YOU think you are too good for it, or are "too busy" to want to play a game on a cell while waiting on your oil change, or your wife in the dressing room, or the waiting room at the Dr, etc; doesn't give you the right to smash someone for making a very good point.
The vast majority of games for BlackBerry DO look like crap and they DO run like crap. If it is any kind of game that isn't super slow moving, or mostly still, OR extremely simple (ie. Brickbreaker); it usually looks awful. I hate how anytime a person makes a valid point about something negative on a BlackBerry, the majority get all upset and say "go get an iPhone then." Seriously people.
I have both a Nintendo DS and a PSP, but I don't have them with me at all times. Guess what IS with me at all times though? Yeah, my phone. That being the case, it would be a damned nice thing to have more than small handful of decent looking, decent running games to play. Non-sudoku/chess/checkers/lingo games that is, because lets face it, that stuff gets old fast.
I don't use MySpace, I don't use FaceBook, and I don't have people I can get into a text conversation with at all times. Not to mention, I am not always in an area with a signal (waiting rooms in the middle of an office building anyone...) to even do these things. Videos aren't always an option either, especially if you need to devote at least partial attention to your surroundings.
Loving your device and thinking it is flawless is your prerogative, but it doesn't give you the right to be an elitist *** about it.06-03-08 11:06 PM
- amazinglygracelessRetired Mod
See I stink at chess so for me it's stupid. But i can send out a text that points out the changes I'd like to see in a bond issue, thereby saving the taxpayers of the community I serve millions, and that seems pretty damn intelligent to me.
Now for your links: MobileRated
GetJar PM me if you have trouble with any of the files on either, I'll be glad to help06-03-08 11:14 PM
- concsoftDeveloper - Concrete Software GamesI think games on BlackBerry's can actually work well and look good (I'm biased being from a mobile game company - Concrete Software). You can't expect to have the same experience as you would on an Xbox 360 or PS3... on the other hand the new BlackBerrys have some pretty good resolutions so games can look much better. With the new Bold coming out the processing speeds are supposed to be much better as well so you should be able to see some pretty cool games come out.
Someone mentioned 3D gaming, it's still a little tough to get good performance making a game in 3D since the devices don't have any support for it yet... We just came out with PBA Bowling which is 3D following the ball down the alley, because it takes a lot to render we had to cut out support for older devices.06-26-08 12:35 PM
- Pete6Retired ModeratorI have Guitar Hero on mine and it is not bad. It's not as good as my real Strat but it makes a lot less noizzze. I also have a Brain-Up and IQAcademy to help avoid too many senior moments. What forum is this anyway...??
The bottom line here is that the Blackberry is not a games machine and it is really only just 'coming out' into the mainsteream phone market.
Mainstream apps, including games will come.
But if you want a games machine, buy a games machine.06-26-08 01:46 PM
- Your 100% right. I hate the games except brick breaker. But a berry isn't a media phone, and I didn't buy it for media, so I don't really care. As long as I can listen to music and have a few movies on my berry, I'm happy. The Iphone may have better games, but could I type this fast on an Iphone? I don't think so! A bb is more of a business phone. Hope this helps.
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com06-26-08 01:48 PM
- Reading the first page of this thread slightly irritated me.
Luckily it's calmed down a bit.
First things first-
RIM is definitely jumping into the consumer demographic. That being said, there is NO reason why people can't complain about games on their Blackberry.
Brickbreaker is a really addictive game, but so is pong. Who buys Pong for their xbox 360/PSP/PS3/Wii?
Time for a real game.
And eventhough Brickbreaker is the ONLY preinstalled game on the BB, it still doesn't even run that well. Its very Jerky and laggy. There have been sooo many times I have had one life left, and only a few more seconds until passing my high score, when all of a sudden I began receiving an email and it starts to lag and stop. Then it kicks in unexpectedly, and boom, GAME OVER!
It seems like Blackberry can hardly handle a game it was meant to handle.
The Consumer market likes games. People like games.
Why make it a sin to complain about a sucky selection of games on your Blackberry?
ESPECIALLY WHEN RIM IS TRYING TO SUCK IN A HUGE NUMBER OF AVERAGE JOES?
Talk about having your knickers in a bunch.
The ONLY game that I have seen that seemed enjoyable was that new Crash Bandicoot game. Everything else has looked like crap.06-26-08 02:10 PM
- But a berry isn't a media phone, and I didn't buy it for media, so I don't really care. As long as I can listen to music and have a few movies on my berry, I'm happy. The Iphone may have better games, but could I type this fast on an Iphone? I don't think so! A bb is more of a business phone. Hope this helps.
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
RIM says your wrong.
As I type this their Crying in their Expensive Italian Leather Executive Deskchairs while overlooking their City Skylines.
RIM thinks the Crappy media player provided in the Curve makes it a Media Phone.
RIM doesn't want you to think of Blackberry as a business phone!
-They want it to be a cool trendy phone.
Just look at the onslaught of spy shots. Thunderstorms/Javelin-throws/Kickshoots what have you.
Hear about the new Bowling Ball due out Q4 of '09?
RIM is telling me that they feel like a misunderstood artist.
They tried to paint a picture of a bird, and everyone keeps thinking its a Cheesecake.
RIM = FAIL06-26-08 02:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD