Morning to all,

I have updated my phone last night to 10.2.1 and once again i noticed that the numbers stored in my phone do not present their contacts name when they call! For me this only happens in Angola, however i read of other complains, nevertheless when I'm abroad (countries like Dubai, Portugal, South Africa, Uk) this does not occur.

However, it really puzzles me how BlackBerry still has this issue, more so on phones that are meant to be an upgraded platform from OS7 (which i never had that problem with). Is it so hard for BlackBerry to address this issue? I mean, why is it even a issue in first place?!

I have all my contacts stored as +*** and the phone just doesn't recognise it in Angola (when i go to smart dialling, it says that the phone does not recognise the country dialling code), yet, when i send an sms to the very same number that is not recognised as a phone call, it automatically shows the contact name on the sms?! How is that normal?
    More so, Angola is now one of the countries where BBW works, therefore recognised, just not enough for it to show contacts names when they call....

Overall i am happy with the Q10 and the BlackBerry experience, but in my opinion this company really pushes its followers to the limits, it's like they give just a little to feed us on, yet let us starve for most of the time and we, for whatever reason, relish on those occasional "gifts" while forgetting the constant frustrations that our loyalty to this platform entails.
    These days i just keep my mouth shut when my friends or others are bashing Blackberry...what can i say to them, what can i argue with, when myself struggle with it...

Posted via CB10
    01-29-14 03:37 AM
    Morning to all,

I have updated my phone last night to 10.2.1 and once again i noticed that the numbers stored in my phone do not present their contacts name when they call! For me this only happens in Angola, however i read of other complains, nevertheless when I'm abroad (countries like Dubai, Portugal, South Africa, Uk) this does not occur.

However, it really puzzles me how BlackBerry still has this issue, more so on phones that are meant to be an upgraded platform from OS7 (which i never had that problem with). Is it so hard for BlackBerry to address this issue? I mean, why is it even a issue in first place?!

I have all my contacts stored as +*** and the phone just doesn't recognise it in Angola (when i go to smart dialling, it says that the phone does not recognise the country dialling code), yet, when i send an sms to the very same number that is not recognised as a phone call, it automatically shows the contact name on the sms?! How is that normal?
    More so, Angola is now one of the countries where BBW works, therefore recognised, just not enough for it to show contacts names when they call....

Overall i am happy with the Q10 and the BlackBerry experience, but in my opinion this company really pushes its followers to the limits, it's like they give just a little to feed us on, yet let us starve for most of the time and we, for whatever reason, relish on those occasional "gifts" while forgetting the constant frustrations that our loyalty to this platform entails.
    These days i just keep my mouth shut when my friends or others are bashing Blackberry...what can i say to them, what can i argue with, when myself struggle with it...

Posted via CB10
    I feel your pain, i saw a couple of posts from users suffering from the same issue with the contacts, there must be a fix of some sort on the way, Hang in there, BB is rising again.

btw ... do you have issues with apps not being available in BBW Angola? mine in Jordan is horrible !!! lots of proxy-foo to get anything i need.
    01-29-14 05:46 AM
    The network used to deliver the caller id information may not be providing all the needed information in the call header. Have you called your carrier to see if there is an intercarrier calling issue. It seems that it is only affecting callers from 1 country according to your statement, I would start there and see where it leads you.
    stlabrat likes this.
    01-29-14 05:49 AM
    Hi Haytham,

I'll be honest with you, i don't really use BBW that much, unless to update my current apps, i am one of those that do not pay that much attention to apps, have about 9 and i'm a happy man, so i can't really tell in comparison to other markets.

Another annoying thing since the update, the SIM card gets undetected out of the blue, one minute I'm registered to my network, next minute it says "SIM Card undetected "!

I hear you, but that a slow rising...

Posted via CB10
    01-29-14 07:04 AM
    Well my problem is that I'm struggling to get the basics.

What you are facing with the network is horrible! I really hope it is all sorted out soon.
    01-29-14 11:12 AM
    I noticed my contacts lost the names as well and i was like here we go again since I had that issue with leaks.

Then some time later I checked again and all names were re populated? Weird

Posted via CB10
    01-29-14 07:36 PM
    Hi Everyone

UK-based BB Z10 user here and sad to report that since I had installed the last two updates, not only have I lost some of the names of my contacts, I have lost a number of contacts altogether!!! The only way I discover this of course is when I reach for their details only to find them gone!!

BB if you are really going to be a comeback kid, you really have to do better

I quite love my Z10 but I'll admit it is not always a bed of roses.....
    02-03-14 04:52 AM
    I have user globally who had this issue. My user in Hong Kong got a new SIM and the caller ID worked after that.

I have another user who is in the Nigeria MTN network. The issue here was with the way they translated the calls. Yet again a newer SIM and a ticket with MTN resolved the issue.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 06:57 AM