I am using android and ios from past few years, but recently I gifted Z10(due to the prices drop) to my wife.
    And I had my first encounter with BBOS 10 when my wife asked to check the social updates and mails while she was busy.
    I instantaneously felt the huge difference in the concept on which BBOS was built w.r.t IOS and android.

With worlds apart between them it took only few minutes to get familiar with it.
    Later when I got back to use my phone(android) and tablet(ios) I realized that, I just didn't get familiar with BBOS 10 but got addicted!!!!
    This lead me to think, why such a high potential mobile OS compared to anything else out there is under-rated and under-used.
    I believe below are the reasons:
    1. Many people are not aware of BBOS 10's potential and most of them even they don't know BBOS
    10 exists.
    To address this issue a strong awareness campaign needs to be initiated,
    I think blackberry marketing team should be more aggressive. Guys(marketing team) you have a
    great product but failing to market it.
    Note:- Failing to market the great social and professional proprietary BB app BBM.

2. Lack of apps - good to see that BBOS 10.3 supports jelly bean apps.
    But more stronger approach should have be to develop a tool for the android and IOS app developers to port their apps into blackberry world(that to under "built for blackberry" category) which at most ease(may be with a click of a button).
    With this approach blackberry can increase the number of apps in blackberry world and it greatly helps to built the brand loyalty, which is key for a product's success in this generation.

I hope BlackBerry realizes that they have great future if they hang-in their for bit longer and take real risks in marketing(kindly reach out to people and create the awareness about the presence of BB).

I wish a happy ending for BB's struggling story.
    05-20-14 01:19 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry! Nice points you made there.
    05-20-14 01:42 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry!

I agree, the OS has potential, the problem is people are reluctant to try. The brand is quite tarnished, and it will take a long fight to bring people back.

Cave, cave, moderator videt
    05-20-14 01:55 AM
    Welcome to BlackBerry family!!! Your points are correct and days for BlackBerry glory is coming soon!!

Posted via CB10
    05-20-14 02:23 AM
    Please call it BB10. BBOS reminds us of a ancient dinosaur OS

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    yas61 likes this.
    05-20-14 02:29 AM
    Wait, you bought the z10 for your wife? What are you currently using?

Did she want an upgrade to a Z10?

Posted via CB10
    05-20-14 04:18 AM
    Dude you are missing the point...
    05-20-14 04:58 AM
    Dude you are missing the point...
    Coulda help out BlackBerry by buying 2. One for you and one for your wife.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-14 05:01 AM
    Got your point.... both of use BB
    05-20-14 05:03 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry and to the BB10 family. This OS just keeps getting better as new versions arrive.
    05-20-14 06:50 AM
    I am using android and ios from past few years, but recently I gifted Z10(due to the prices drop) to my wife.
    And I had my first encounter with BBOS 10 when my wife asked to check the social updates and mails while she was busy.
    I instantaneously felt the huge difference in the concept on which BBOS was built w.r.t IOS and android.

With worlds apart between them it took only few minutes to get familiar with it.
    Later when I got back to use my phone(android) and tablet(ios) I realized that, I just didn't get familiar with BBOS 10 but got addicted!!!!
    This lead me to think, why such a high potential mobile OS compared to anything else out there is under-rated and under-used.
    I believe below are the reasons:
    1. Many people are not aware of BBOS 10's potential and most of them even they don't know BBOS
    10 exists.
    To address this issue a strong awareness campaign needs to be initiated,
    I think blackberry marketing team should be more aggressive. Guys(marketing team) you have a
    great product but failing to market it.
    Note:- Failing to market the great social and professional proprietary BB app BBM.

2. Lack of apps - good to see that BBOS 10.3 supports jelly bean apps.
    But more stronger approach should have be to develop a tool for the android and IOS app developers to port their apps into blackberry world(that to under "built for blackberry" category) which at most ease(may be with a click of a button).
    With this approach blackberry can increase the number of apps in blackberry world and it greatly helps to built the brand loyalty, which is key for a product's success in this generation.

I hope BlackBerry realizes that they have great future if they hang-in their for bit longer and take real risks in marketing(kindly reach out to people and create the awareness about the presence of BB).

I wish a happy ending for BB's struggling story.
    This post should be read by BlackBerry Team and they should be serious in considering to implement on the suggestions.

Posted via Q10
    05-20-14 07:05 AM
    Welcome to CB and the BB10 family. Why not add the Q10 to your list of devices :-). Your points have been echoed by many users and lets hope that Chen lead us to a road of success.

Sent from my Q10 or Z10.
    theRock1975 likes this.
    05-20-14 07:34 AM
    Glad you joined the team. The media constantly reminds us of the low market share but you know what, we're about 8 million people and growing that know the truth.

If you compare OS 10.0, 10.1, 10.2, 10.3, the updates keep coming, they're significant, and the experience is better and better.

It's hard to believe BlackBerry has the qnx business, mdm, cross platform business, a handset business and they can still innovate BB10 OS like a boss.

Posted via CB10
    Andy_bb_king likes this.
    05-20-14 07:37 AM