Yes they seem to be on the right track for the first time in very long.

Let's see what they have done right.

1. BBM cross platform - some argue that this should have happened years ago and some seem certain that BBM should stay exclusive to BlackBerry. I think they had no choice at this point, it was either let BBM thrive as a cross platform app for let it fade away completely from the memory of other platform users for it to even matter any more as a feature. It would be a neat service that BlackBerry provides to its users but not one anyone else cared for. BBM cross platform is the right way to go. I think it going to be the Instagram of chat apps soon. Every platform wants it but they don't have it yet (yes WP8 I'm pointing at you). All in all it was a difficult yet bold and courageous decision. Bravo BlackBerry.

2. BBM channels. - to those who haven't used it yet, please go check it out. I installed Windows on my Macbook just to get BBM channels and it's totally worth it. Great concept, great implementation so far and it will only get better. The weirdest thing is that absolutely no one saw this coming. The whole idea of BBM channels is very fresh for a company like BlackBerry.

3. OS 10.2 - If this is any indication of what BlackBerry can do with bb10 in such short amount of time, I think they deserve a huge round of applause. Less 7 months after launch I'm running their second significant update (albeit a leak). They have done an excellent job in keeping rapid pace. WP seems much slower in this area. Also the latest 10.2 OS leak seems great! Even with a few bugs I have loved the feature additions and improvements all around. If this were the old BlackBerry , 10.2 would take more than a year after 10.1 and they still wouldn't get all the features working properly.

After the quarterly announcements, I like many of the other members on this forum, was upset and in doubt. However recent progress tells me that BlackBerry is nowhere near giving up and they are doing a better job than have done in a long time.

Oh and most important part. Everything I mentioned above still hasn't seen public release but from the betas and leaks that we have seen, it seems like BlackBerry is finally executing well!

Posted via CB10
    laketrout73 likes this.
    08-07-13 12:59 PM
    I have a windows PC right here! How do I get BBM channels??
    MasterOfBinary likes this.
    08-07-13 01:03 PM
    You should type in the search Window "BBM channels" and it will get you to a blog that has a link to download it from BlackBerry Beta.

Posted via CB10 via my Z10
    08-07-13 01:52 PM
    You need to join the beta zone to get it. A keycode is required to enter upon usage only given out by blackberry.

I don't find the bbm channels useful personally. I also don't see why bbm should be across all platforms. IOS doesn't do it. I just text people from other phones because I don't like using all the different chat programs on my phone. I had trillian on my phone at one point but deleted it because it was quicker to text people.
    08-07-13 01:56 PM
    You need to join the beta zone to get it. A keycode is required to enter upon usage only given out by blackberry.

I don't find the bbm channels useful personally. I also don't see why bbm should be across all platforms. IOS doesn't do it. I just text people from other phones because I don't like using all the different chat programs on my phone. I had trillian on my phone at one point but deleted it because it was quicker to text people.
    I don't know for sure but if I were to guess I'd say your from the States. Um sure Apple doesn't need to do it coz they have a large user base and iMessage also works with Macs. Just like BlackBerry didn't need to do it at one point. A messenger is only as good as it's user base, specially if BlackBerry is looking to monetize it. And sure you can just text , but most places in the world don't have a text plan or free texts

Posted via CB10
    08-07-13 02:11 PM