I was an iPhone user from their second generation phone and stuck with them through three upgrades. In the beginning they had no competition, but that is no longer the case. Apple ran out of ideas after the design of the original concept and have been milking the market with trivial changes since. They are still milking their customers like cattle with the iPhone 6. I've been using BlackBerry since the z10. And have just ordered a passport. I'm not unique, there will be a portion of in users who are not wed to the apple brand and will appreciate the innovation offered by the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-14 10:13 PM
  2. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Not sure why would I-phone people would downgrade (in their heads it's a downgrade).

Posted via CB10
    I have had several iPhone friends switch to the Passport Without any promo....

.. so imagine the percentage on the fence.. that is what THIS promo addresses... is that too hard to comprehend? Lol

Posted via CB10
    11-28-14 12:43 AM
    I have had several iPhone friends switch to the Passport Without any promo....

.. so imagine the percentage on the fence.. that is what THIS promo addresses... is that too hard to comprehend? Lol

Posted via CB10
    Please tell us what the percentage is.

Also, have we heard what Passport sales numbers have been yet? I'm intrigued if the new innovative style is catching on. Like anything new, it can take time for people to jump.
    RH1Pearl likes this.
    11-28-14 08:29 AM
    It's a great idea from BB. Puts their name in the news without costing them much. I think the number of upgrades will be minimal.
    11-28-14 09:19 AM
    I love my q10, I love my iphone and I'm not ready to lost all my nice app, but I want passport too, so what should I do? Heheheheh

Posted via CB10
    11-28-14 09:30 AM
    I love my q10, I love my iphone and I'm not ready to lost all my nice app, but I want passport too, so what should I do? Heheheheh

Posted via CB10
    That all depends on how much money you have. Nothing wrong with enjoying them all if you can afford it.
    11-28-14 12:28 PM
    For sure I can't afford passport hahaha

And also, who will use 3 phone at once? -___-

Currently I use BlackBerry for my work and iphone for music and sosmed app

If only I can use them all in 1 handset, which is blackberry

Posted via CB10
    11-28-14 12:35 PM
    The way they need to be "fighting back" is to make devices that people aside from Blackberry fanboys want to buy. This is a nice publicity stunt, but will ultimately fail.
    eyesopen1111 likes this.
    11-28-14 12:35 PM
    My two nephews are trading their iphone6s . (one of them got bent a little) . They saw the red passport and both loved it. I am also trading one iphone 4s which was replaced by a a Z10 by my sister.

From my ? phone.
    Where do u live? I'm in Houston, Tx and have yet to spot a BB10 device in the wild. My company is phasing out bb support and has moved the iPhone. I'd still like to try out the passport . I'm deep into google services, I'm afraid that might cause some issues.
    11-28-14 02:03 PM
    I was at one of my clients sites today and I just so happened to pull out the passport to check my email and messages, he looked at the device and said, what's that.

I proceeded to give him the usual tour of the passport features and so on, he then pulled out three iPhone 6 device's that he was taking back because all of them were bent!!! He was pissed off and then proceeded to tell me, we never had this issue with our BlackBerry devices!!!!!

Now their IT department is revaluating their decision to covert to iPhones and IOS . I also showed them the passport black Friday special for 499, which they thought was a great buy. Amazing how a couple of bent devices can change the perspective of a company.

Posted via my lovely passport on T Mobile USA
    11-28-14 04:35 PM
    I'd rather just go out and buy a Passport as a secondary device. There is no way I am trading in my iPhone 6 Plus which has an MSRP close to $1000 (128GB version).
    11-28-14 06:03 PM
    Classic! only if you are the loser they do not count. I recall reading when the 6 was introduced how people bashed it as inferior and how the Passport 3gb ram will smash it, then when results came out everyone here never mention that.
    Ram doesn't help in typical benchmarks, CPU does.

Ram helps in real world, like auto complete and multitasking. You don't see those in benchmarks.

I'm not saying they don't have benefits, just it's well known benchmarks are gamed (I'm looking at you, Samsung) .

Posted via CB10
    11-28-14 10:11 PM
    My question is, once you send an iPhone in do you have the option of getting it back if the value they give for it is less than what you are willing to take? Can you request the phone back if you feel like they aren't giving you a fair price?

Another question. How is the average consumer supposed to even know about this deal?? If BB most likely won't advertise (based on their history of advertising) this how is anyone even supposed to know that this deal exists?? Isn't this deal more aimed at the consumer? I can only speak for my company but I know they wouldn't buy everyone a Passport on the hopes they get a good deal on a trade in which they most likely won't. Don't most companies deal with carrier plans and upgrade that way anyway?
    Last edited by donnation; 11-29-14 at 08:58 AM.
    11-29-14 07:06 AM
    My question is, once you send an iPhone in do you have the option of getting it back if the value they give for it is less than what you are willing to take? Can you request the phone back if you feel like they aren't giving you a fair price?

Another question. How is the average consumer supposed to even know about this deal?? If BB most likely won't advertise (based on their history of advertising) this how is anyone even supposed to know that this deal exists?? Isn't this deal more aimed at the consumer? I can only speak for my company but I know they wouldn't buy everyone a Passport on the hopes they get a good deal on a trade in which they most likely won't. Don't most companies deal with carrier plans and upgrade that way anyway?
    Well the deal has been all over the news and even been the subject of some talk radio shows - so those are a couple of ways people could hear about it.

The price one would get for one's iPhone is published on a site so the person knows going in what they are going to get. Plus BlackBerry gives a $200 top up. Can't see how anyone could feel cheated.

Posted from my BlackBerry Passport
    11-29-14 09:22 AM
    Well the deal has been all over the news and even been the subject of some talk radio shows - so those are a couple of ways people could hear about it.

The price one would get for one's iPhone is published on a site so the person knows going in what they are going to get. Plus BlackBerry gives a $200 top up. Can't see how anyone could feel cheated.

Posted from my BlackBerry Passport
    That's not how trade in programs work. They offer an "up to" value for a phone and rarely do they pay that amount.. They will pay the value they feel the phone is worth which is almost always lower than the highest amount listed they will take it for.

I'm not saying it's cheating anyone, I'm just asking if say I traded in my iPhone 5S and Clover Wireless says they will pay me $100 and I feel I can get more even with the $150 from Blackberry could I get my phone back?? I'm sure the "up to" amount is for a 64GB anyway with the amounts getting lower with each lower capacity model.

From an advertising standpoint I disagree that its been all over the news (it was mentioned the day they came out with it). Once it was announced its hardly like people have continued to talk about it outside of tech circles on the web.
    11-29-14 09:33 AM
    Nope - won't trade it in for a credit - got my 4s for free (what, they couldn't sell these things, had to give them away????). It's true that you get what you pay for -- lol!

I'll probably ride the 4s into the ground - it got replaced last spring when the battery croaked and unless they improved the physical design, It's a matter of time before something else stops working - and I treat my digital devices with respect. These suckers cost money to fix and/or replace. The 4s is on Sprint, tower only 1/4 mile away, but I prefer to make calls on my unlocked 9900 - call quality is better. I live in the country, foothills of the Blue Ridge, nearest ATT tower is 5 miles away... think about it - 1/4 mile vs 5 miles - must be the device...

Performance, that's what I like about BB. Apps, games, big deal... I need a phone and BB delivers. Love my 9900 - and I will love the Passport when I get it - talk about a device with muscle... I will probably keep the 9900, as well... But for all you iPhone defenders: been there, done that and I know what works for me - Blackberry.
    bakron1 likes this.
    11-29-14 08:43 PM
116 ... 345