I spoke to one of my closest buddies who happens to be an Apple junkie. I asked him about which tablet I should purchase and if they need their own line on my plan ext. He answered my questions but what caught me is that I told him I was leaning towards a BB PlayBook. He said not a bad product but what are you going to do when they go out of business. I told him my reasons why that won't happen and so on. I guess my point is...and it's been said on many different threads here, RIM needs to change their marketing plan and become more aggressive on turning the consumer market view. I hope that BB10 will accomplish this. My friend is a very tech savy person who has a side business fixing broken Apple products. I know where his loyalty is and he knows where mine is. It just shocked me that he really thinks that BB is comming to an end. I am still going to by a BB tablet. I am seriously rooting for the launch of BB10 and it's success. I was going to place this in the PlayBook section but felt it's more general.
    09-27-12 09:39 AM
    How in god's name can RIM go out of business??? Seriously, think about that. Wouldn't happen in the next decade at least, I'd bet my first born. The business may be purchased but won't vanish suddenly.
    09-27-12 09:43 AM
    I spoke to one of my closest buddies who happens to be an Apple junkie. I asked him about which tablet I should purchase and if they need their own line on my plan ext. He answered my questions but what caught me is that I told him I was leaning towards a BB PlayBook. He said not a bad product but what are you going to do when they go out of business. I told him my reasons why that won't happen and so on. I guess my point is...and it's been said on many different threads here, RIM needs to change their marketing plan and become more aggressive on turning the consumer market view. I hope that BB10 will accomplish this. My friend is a very tech savy person who has a side business fixing broken Apple products. I know where his loyalty is and he knows where mine is. It just shocked me that he really thinks that BB is comming to an end. I am still going to by a BB tablet. I am seriously rooting for the launch of BB10 and it's success. I was going to place this in the PlayBook section but felt it's more general.
    The media is REALLY anti-RIM. Not so much in that they don't use the product (NBC reporter uses BlackBerry outside of Apple Event), but in so much that most consumers are so negative towards RIM. To be honest, these consumers expressing negative views on RIM are correct. Lack of innovation, boring OS, delays...etc.

Whereas I do agree that heavy marketing is due for BB10 in NA and internationally, I don't think now would be a great time to promote anything new and definitely not waste time with OS7 devices that clearly cannot compete with the new SG3, IP5, Note 2 etc.

Here's to hoping BB is around for the next 15 years!
    09-27-12 09:46 AM
    However, my friends perception is common. You and I both know that BB will not just be pulled away. Yes it would take time for something drastic to happen. I'm just rooting for the day the AM talk shows talk about BB in a positive light. That will be very cool.
    09-27-12 09:47 AM
    Also the case here in Europe. Even salespeople at T-mobile think this. Managed to convince one saleslady RIMM isnt going out of business at all. Advised her to wait for BB10 coz she thought about switching to iphone.
    09-27-12 09:51 AM
    However, my friends perception is common. You and I both know that BB will not just be pulled away. Yes it would take time for something drastic to happen. I'm just rooting for the day the AM talk shows talk about BB in a positive light. That will be very cool.
    I too look forward to this day. I do believe BB10 is the perfect 'next step'. From the videos at BlackBerry Jam, my excitement has grown tremendously.

I've converted my wife and brother to BlackBerry OS7 devices (Bolds) and they love the streamlined UI and quick access to social media. BB10 will fix all the shortcomings (I hope) that OS7 devices have.
    09-27-12 10:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD