time for you to shine. ok, so my situation is that my friend has a pearl and and yesterday out of nowhere it says that the wrong battery is inserted i.e. white screen on loadup with with a picture of a battery with a line through it. its not the wrong battery, also tried another pearl battery with the same result. has anyone run into a problem like this? im gonna try upgrade the os maybe something will happen, kinda curious if anyone can push me in the right direction. whenever any of my friends have any questions about blackberry i always have the answer... because i go to crackberry thanks for your help.
    04-13-09 03:09 PM
    did you guys drop the phone? does the battery have little air bubbles on the top?
    04-13-09 11:19 PM
    no air bubbles and i tried 4 different batteries, i imagine the phone has been dropped but he didnt mention anything just prior to it breaking, also i wasnt able to try to do any os upgrade or anything because the phone needs a working battery in order for bb desktop manager to recognise it. frick!
    04-13-09 11:37 PM
    are all of the battery contacts in the pearl making good solid contact with the battery?
    04-13-09 11:44 PM
    as far as i can tell, i didnt see any corrosion or bent prongs, i opened the phone and didnt see anything on the board that was out of the ordinary either
    04-13-09 11:48 PM
    the only thing I can think of is maybe it got wet. I had an i850 that did pretty much the same thing. I went through 3 batteries before sprint told me it had gotten wet (still trying to figure out how).
    04-13-09 11:56 PM
    Good thinking on trying different batteries, but it sounds like it's the device itself not reading the battery power correctly. As rick said, I'd guess it in someway got wet.
    04-14-09 12:03 AM
    Wasn't there a thread a while ago that said you can fix this problem by dropping your BB? I think you can drop it from a pretty low height too, like about a foot.

Try at your own risk though... Gotta put the disclaimer in. Lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-14-09 01:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD