How many users take their trusty BlackBerry device when they're out/in doing the hard yards?

Mine comes with me on my mountain bike... in case, in back pack.

More for safety reasons, in case I have/come across an accident...

but, I do use it to grab the occasional pic of trails/scenery etc.

How do you do...??

Z10STL100-2/10.2.2.1531
    diegonei likes this.
    09-03-14 08:23 PM
    Endomondo is your friend.

Pocket+earbuds and lots of sweat. That's how I do it.

I should really do it on a regular basis...
    09-03-14 08:30 PM
    I take mine running and use Casca Run to track my distances and times.

Posted while peeking and flowing on my incredible BBQ10! ?
    09-03-14 08:41 PM
    I take mine running and use Casca Run to track my distances and times.

Posted while peeking and flowing on my incredible BBQ10! ?
    Ditto
    3_M4N likes this.
    09-03-14 08:44 PM
    I've tried using the Z30 but the buttons on the sides make it impossible. It's constantly pressing them and drives me nuts. Makes it impossible to keep in your pocket and workout. It's one place where the Z30 is a total fail in build quality and that's the cheap plastic side buttons that are on the sides.
    09-03-14 11:02 PM
    I carry my Z10 or Q10 in a holster on my belt while on my horse or running my dogs in agility. The horizontal holsters don't get in the way, and I can slide the phone around to the back when I wash the horse so it doesn't get wet.

Posted via my Q10 or Z10
    09-03-14 11:18 PM
    I've tried using the Z30 but the buttons on the sides make it impossible. It's constantly pressing them and drives me nuts. Makes it impossible to keep in your pocket and workout. It's one place where the Z30 is a total fail in build quality and that's the cheap plastic side buttons that are on the sides.
    mmm... first negative thing I've heard re, Z30!

Guess it isn't perfect after all ^^

Z10STL100-2/10.2.2.1531
    09-03-14 11:51 PM
    mmm... first negative thing I've heard re, Z30!

Guess it isn't perfect after all ^^

Z10STL100-2/10.2.2.1531
    The buttons suck. I talk on Bluetooth a lot and the phone constantly mutes in my pocket because they are so flimsy. Others have posted the same in the Z30 forums. I've had 3 different ones and they were all the same so it's not isolated. I wish it had the side buttons of the Z10. They are sturdy and need to actually be pressed, unlike the Z30's which are awful.
    09-04-14 09:05 AM
    I use my Z10 in the gym and i just put it in my pocket. Never had a problem. I do have to take it out of my pocket when doing cardio.

Sent from the best touch keyboard, the Z.
    09-04-14 10:54 AM
    Yep - CascaRun for Running, hiking, road & mt biking, nordic and downhill skiing
    09-04-14 11:01 AM
    For running I carry my BlackBerry in hand with over the ear headphones.

I use Nike+ Running and CascaRun to track my runs.
    Nike+ Running imho is the best exercise app on the market for the mobile device and from your PC.

I was an Endomondo user before all the updates ruined the flow and user experience for me.

For biking I use a Sigma bike computer. The shop I ride with don't allow any type of ear devices while doing pace lines.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-14 03:38 PM
    I can't bring myself to leave my phone in the car or at home. I carry my Q10 while cycling, kayaking, and other activities. I only wish it were a Curve during exercise. I carry a backpack to keep it off my body.

Q10
    09-04-14 07:31 PM
    The buttons suck. I talk on Bluetooth a lot and the phone constantly mutes in my pocket because they are so flimsy. Others have posted the same in the Z30 forums. I've had 3 different ones and they were all the same so it's not isolated. I wish it had the side buttons of the Z10. They are sturdy and need to actually be pressed, unlike the Z30's which are awful.
    Ohhhh so this would perfectly explain why my phone makes calls in the craziest of moments... and completely at random.

Posted via my STA100-5 z30
    09-05-14 01:06 AM
    Ohhhh so this would perfectly explain why my phone makes calls in the craziest of moments... and completely at random.

I wonder if that would happen if you used a thin case on it. The case I use on my phones has plastic over the buttons, but I cut out the plastic there so the buttons are easier to press, but, as they are now recessed, I can't press them by accident.

Posted via my Q10 or Z10
    09-05-14 07:47 AM
    I wonder if that would happen if you used a thin case on it. The case I use on my phones has plastic over the buttons, but I cut out the plastic there so the buttons are easier to press, but, as they are now recessed, I can't press them by accident.

Posted via my Q10 or Z10
    Got any suggestions for a thin case? Decent cases for the Z30 are hard to come buy. They don't even have much of a selection here on CrackBerry.
    09-05-14 08:23 AM
    Got any suggestions for a thin case? Decent cases for the Z30 are hard to come buy. They don't even have much of a selection here on CrackBerry.
    If you go to this link you will find tons of these cases, cheap, no shipping. The seller I got it from was freedomoclock09 (23736), but there are many others. Just make sure they have a good rating. I have 3 different colors for my Q10 and 2 for my Z10.

I found it very hard to push the buttons through the case, so I took a small, sharp scissors, and carefully cut out the plastic over the volume and shut-off buttons. It's easy to follow the lines that are already there.

My phone is protected, easier to hold on to, buttons easy to reach, and lots of colors. Blue looks best on my white Z10, black on the black Q10. Have fun!

http://m.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=s-...BlackBerry+z30

Posted via my Q10 or Z10
    09-05-14 09:26 AM
    PS: except for the black one, they are translucent, so you can see the BB logo on the back :-)

Posted via my Q10 or Z10
    09-05-14 09:38 AM
    Treadmill shelf and bluetooth headsets and a lot of sweat for me lol
    09-05-14 09:45 AM

Posted via my Q10 or Z10
    I use otterbox commuter for my z30...
    Wonder if that could be as well.

09-05-14 09:56 AM
    Thread hijack alert!!

Plenty of threads around (in correct sub forum) re, cases etc.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.2.1531
    09-05-14 03:36 PM
    When I workout, I always use Endomondo, music player, and TuneIn.
    09-06-14 08:06 AM
    It is hard to keep a large phone in your pocket. I recommend you get a holster or case for that matter. I use my Q10 holster for jogging and it does the job.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-14 08:10 AM
    It is hard to keep a large phone in your pocket. I recommend you get a holster or case for that matter. I use my Q10 holster for jogging and it does the job.

Posted via CB10
    It's not the size of the phone, it's the cheap
    flimsy buttons on the side of it.
    09-06-14 10:21 AM
    My Z10 has been accompanying me into the dungeon to do some free weights... I'm very paranoid about keeping the screen facing in towards the body. I'd hate to crack the screen!

Sent from my Kin[G]_Pad �
    Last edited by targnik; 09-20-14 at 03:13 PM. Reason: Grammar
    09-20-14 03:13 PM
    Carry my Q10 everywhere. I was using endomondo for running and I used the music player a lot at the gym.
    09-20-14 04:08 PM
35 12