Good. You must feel like my parking. Validated.
    I think I just peed my pajamas. Flipping hilarious!
    04-01-14 10:27 PM
    Bazinga...

Posted with my BlackBerry Q10 on VZW from Philly
    04-01-14 10:30 PM
    Guess those 5 people on Blackberry with T-Mobile will be bummed.
    Actually, according to a post last week, T-Mobile has 45,000 BlackBerry customers.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    Wikichick likes this.
    04-01-14 10:31 PM
    How will this affect stock prices I wonder?
    04-01-14 10:31 PM
    Lmao at all the hate towards just Tmobile. If ya'll hate Tmobile then ya'll should hate every single US carrier. Sprint only carries the Q10 and still don't have the 10.2.1 update out. AT&T still doesn't have out 10.2.1. I give Verizon credit because the actually carried most BB10 devices and have the latest OS update out but tell me how they are promoting their devices any better than the other carriers? oh that's right, they aren't. I honestly can't remember any promotion for their exclusive Z30. I seriously wouldn't doubt if Tmobile were the ones who chose not to renew the agreement. I personally don't think Tmobile has much to lose at all. If they stop selling BlackBerry's, people are most likely just going to end up switching platforms like they've been doing. It's now one less avenue customers have to get a BlackBerry which hurts BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    04-01-14 10:32 PM
    It boggles me that people are always so concerned about Wifi-calling, and at the same time extol the virtues of T-Mobile.

You do realize the only reason you need Wifi calling to begin with is because the service you are paying for is so inferior... that it can't even let your phone make *calls*. CALLS.

I'm surprised manufacturers even run the risk of having their devices appear incapable of performing their most basic task (calls) by allowing them to operate on T-Mobile.

What a joke.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-14 10:34 PM
    It boggles me that people are always so concerned about Wifi-calling, and at the same time extol the virtues of T-Mobile.

You do realize the only reason you need Wifi calling to begin with is because the service you are paying for is so inferior... that it can't even let your phone make *calls*. CALLS.

I'm surprised manufacturers even run the risk of having their devices appear incapable of performing their most basic task (calls) by allowing to operate on T-Mobile.

What a joke.
    You can also use it internationally. Jump on a WiFi network, and your calls/texts count just like they would in the US. No international roaming charges.

Plus, I work in a dead zone for ALL carriers, but I'm the only one with a signal (a strong one, at that) because there's a WiFi network available to me.

But I agree with your overall point: you do not want to depend on WiFi calling for you normal, everyday coverage.
    04-01-14 10:38 PM
    This is another stupid move in a long line of idiotic moves from blackberry. T-mobile is gaining traction in the US, and needs all the help they can get. Honestly, bb is dead. Straight up dead. Glad I switched over to superior phones.
    Out of curiosity, which phone are you using? I'm not trying to and/or going to bash, but what does BlackBerry and T-Mobile ending there business agreement have to do with cell phone quality and/or superiority? So if you have an amazing Z10 that you love and your carrier ends the manufacturer relationship, the Z10 is now an inferior device? I'm just inquiring.

For years AT&T had the exclusive on the iPhone. Was the iPhone inferior as a device because there was no relationship with Verizon? Oh wait, Verizon got their hands on it a few years later and millions upon millions lined up in an effort to get it.

Point is, despite any opinion of the relationship ending, it doesn't change the fact that BlackBerry 10 devices are not inferior and are in fact superior or at least non-inferior in many ways.

04-01-14 10:39 PM
    This isn't good for BlackBerry in my opinion. As a T-Mobile customer, I was planning on using their payment plan for a new BlackBerry in August but it looks like I won't be able to do that now. T-Mobile is not going to suffer any consequences from this in my situation because T-Mobile gives my family the best price with a military discount right now, so until they eliminate the discount for military and government (which isn't affected by the removal of employer discounts), we will not be switching to another carrier and as a result, I will have to choose between iOS, WP8, and Android.

Posted via CB10
    I feel deeply sorry for you, imagine how hard it will be going back to these options out there.
    04-01-14 10:43 PM
    Out of curiosity, which phone are you using? I'm not trying to and/or going to bash, but what does BlackBerry and T-Mobile ending there business agreement have to do with cell phone quality and/or superiority? So if you have an amazing Z10 that you love and your carrier ends the manufacturer relationship, the Z10 is now an inferior device? I'm just inquiring.

For years AT&T had the exclusive on the iPhone. Was the iPhone inferior as a device because there was no relationship with Verizon? Oh wait, Verizon got their hands on it a few years later and millions upon millions lined up in an effort to get it.

Point is, despite any opinion of the relationship ending, it doesn't change the fact that BlackBerry 10 devices are not inferior and are in fact superior or at least non-inferior in many ways.

What a great way to inquire someone's odd idea. Congrats!
    04-01-14 10:45 PM
    As I said in the other thread, it may be a case of pruning channels carefully. In a previous company, we made a deliberate point to drop some specific retailers from carrying our products because they simply weren't profitable channels. They cost too much to maintain and the partner was having too much of a gravy train ride with all the money we were giving them for endcaps, ads, spiffs, rebates, wall displays, custom casings, inventory to ensure their stores were filled etc .... yet they weren't generating the run rate of comparable retailers. So we dropped 'em and spent our finite channel funds on the ones that did the business. Worked out in the end.
    This sounds like a sound plan. Lets hope it will work for BlackBerry. I am more curious to see what Chen has in mind. Like a soap playing out. I am with Tmobile and will decide when Q20 comes out as to what we will do.

Loving my Zed 10!!
    Wikichick likes this.
    04-01-14 11:11 PM
    What about phone insurance?

Posted via CB10
    Use SquareTrade.com

Loving my Zed 10!!
    04-01-14 11:14 PM
    Good is right...a conscious uncoupling is the correct answer in this case. Good riddance frenemy!
    Omnitech and jakie55 like this.
    04-01-14 11:15 PM
    Alright one less troll to worry about, continue on with the discussion and keep it civil!
    cjcampbell likes this.
    04-01-14 11:38 PM
    Or like my former room mates. Evicted. Only in this case, it's from these very forums.
    04-01-14 11:39 PM
    What about phone insurance?
    Nothing should change if TMO sold you the phone.
    04-01-14 11:41 PM
    I thought I might switch from Verizon to T mobile.....

Oh well, I realize I just can't, LOL

Posted via CB10
    04-01-14 11:46 PM
    I just got a Z30 from shop BlackBerry, which gives me great LTE on T-Mobile's network... so OF COURSE this news comes out 3 days later.

I've been using a BlackBerry on T-Mobie for 7 years, and I'll end up doing one of two things.

1) If BlackBerry sells future models compatible on T-Mobile's LTE network, I'll stay with T-Mobile (though why would BlackBerry do this?)

2) Get my Z10 and black Q10 unlocked (my white Q10 and Z30 came unlocked from BlackBerry), and go to at&t.

It all depends on BlackBerry's Q20 and other new phones, to see if they garner any carrier support in the U.S. I really hope BlackBerry sells directly, though if they only sell models compatible with at&t's LTE, I might as well switch to at&t at that point.

The bottom line is, I'm a loyal BlackBerry user, not a loyal T-Mobile customer. I'll go wherever, and take my two lines with me.
    2gunnar and nhanken like this.
    04-01-14 11:49 PM
    Direct OTA updates from BlackBerry for t-mobile customers?

Posted via CB10
    Direct updates from lengend leaks?

"Progress is a nice word. But change is its motivator, and change has its enemies."
    04-01-14 11:56 PM
    Nothing should change if TMO sold you the phone.
    OK thanks, I sigh of relief

Posted via CB10
    04-02-14 12:03 AM
    So you're going to carry a different phone based solely on saving 15%?

Wow. That's pretty dumb. companies might honor it if you bring your business there.

Do some research first before you switch. You obviously like BlackBerry, otherwise, you wouldn't be on crackberry.

Stop, drop, and roll.
    04-02-14 12:06 AM
    This isn't good for BlackBerry in my opinion. As a T-Mobile customer, I was planning on using their payment plan for a new BlackBerry in August but it looks like I won't be able to do that now. T-Mobile is not going to suffer any consequences from this in my situation because T-Mobile gives my family the best price with a military discount right now, so until they eliminate the discount for military and government (which isn't affected by the removal of employer discounts), we will not be switching to another carrier and as a result, I will have to choose between iOS, WP8, and Android.

Posted via CB10
    Quote this

Stop, drop, and roll.
    cckgz4 likes this.
    04-02-14 12:07 AM
    Good?!?

This is just more chest thumping by Chen which only serves to reduce the number of carriers carrying BBRY. The only loser in this equation is Chen/BBRY. They've lost a carrier in the U.S. which has been receiving huge amounts of attention over the past year or so for turning the business on its head. They've lost a potential sales and distribution channel with an extensive national presence.

T-mobile hasn't really lost anything given how poor BB sales have been.

This is a real head scratcher.
    04-02-14 12:18 AM
    Chen is quickly shaping up to be one of the worst CEOs of the decade. Between this and the Blackberry Classic, history will not look back on Chen fondly if Blackberry falters.

But at least the loyalists get a kick out of him!
    04-02-14 12:20 AM
    Chen don't take no chit, good for him!
    Chen don't sell no phones either. Not so good.
    1 US carrier down, 3 to go.
    04-02-14 12:21 AM
712 12345 ...