BlackBerry today announced that it will not renew the T-Mobile U.S., Inc. license to sell BlackBerry products when it expires on April 25, 2014.

Read more:
    http://crackberry.com/blackberry-and...sing-agreement

Posted via CB10 on my Z mfk'n 10!
    Last edited by elite1; 04-02-14 at 12:55 AM. Reason: Removed external links
    johnm137, Jake2826, tryfe and 3 others like this.
    04-01-14 08:35 PM
    Direct OTA updates from BlackBerry for t-mobile customers?

Posted via CB10
    04-01-14 08:41 PM
    Guess those 5 people on Blackberry with T-Mobile will be bummed.
    04-01-14 08:43 PM
    I understand the animosity toward T-Mobile, but exactly how is this good for BB?
    04-01-14 08:44 PM
    WOW..Blackberry and carriers can't agree/work together - not a good look...
    Why is this not yet on CB front page
    Doggerz, andy957 and raw_dog like this.
    04-01-14 08:46 PM
    Chen don't take no chit, good for him!
    04-01-14 08:46 PM
    Chen don't take no chit, good for him!
    How is this a good thing. Will blackberry open up their website and sell device for all carriers.
    Doggerz and milo53 like this.
    04-01-14 08:47 PM
    I wouldnt say this is good. It means even less people that will have the opportunity to buy BB devices. Probably also no more software updates for t mobile customers. T mobile actually did push updates out at one time before anyone else. this will hurt BB more than tmobile IMO. Tmob can just sell another android, windows or apple device
    Raddin, Rello, mikeo007 and 15 others like this.
    04-01-14 08:49 PM
    With friends like T Mobile, BlackBerry didn't need enemies
    04-01-14 08:49 PM
    this is not good... I have been with T-Mobile for 10 years... great plans especially when it comes to international travel. I would not be surprised if AT&T follows.
    raw_dog and slalom like this.
    04-01-14 08:52 PM
    Lol very true

Posted via CB10
    04-01-14 08:54 PM
    Not good. Expect others to follow. Expect stock to drop.

Posted via CB10
    Doggerz, andy957 and Caymancroc like this.
    04-01-14 08:58 PM
    Actually the more I think about it this could hurt t-mobile as they are becoming the andriod/ios network and with people wanting choice they will gravitate to their competition. Right now it may not seem like much but it puts t-mobile in a poorer bargaining position with other oem's.

Posted via CB10
    highos and leamago like this.
    04-01-14 08:58 PM
    Actually the more I think about it this could hurt t-mobile as they are becoming the andriod/ios network and with people wanting choice they will gravitate to their competition. Right now it may not seem like much but it puts t-mobile in a poorer bargaining position with other oem's.

Posted via CB10
    Spring only carries Q, AT&T doesn't have Z30. Verizon only carries phones online.... where are people going to go?????

Posted via CB10
    tack, howards, techvisor and 1 others like this.
    04-01-14 09:07 PM
    Spring only carries Q, AT&T doesn't have Z30. Verizon only carries phones online.... where are people going to go?????

Posted via CB10
    Point is they will all carry BlackBerry to some extent where as t-mobile will have none...

Posted via CB10
    leamago likes this.
    04-01-14 09:10 PM
    I think it's fantastic. If you ain't for us then you can only be against us. T mobile is supposedly doing what's best for them and so should BlackBerry.

Dunno why some of you are so fixated on this carrier dependence. Screw them. BlackBerry should set up its own stores like it is already on line.. cut out the unsupportive middle men that do nothing but actually try to not sell BlackBerry phones and make things worse with their staff that for the most part stop people from buying BlackBerry phones.

If BlackBerry can reduce costs, and serve it's own niche market successfully and profitable while at it u can bet these guys would be back begging to sell BlackBerry phones.

I support it.

04-01-14 09:11 PM
    This isn't good for BlackBerry in my opinion. As a T-Mobile customer, I was planning on using their payment plan for a new BlackBerry in August but it looks like I won't be able to do that now. T-Mobile is not going to suffer any consequences from this in my situation because T-Mobile gives my family the best price with a military discount right now, so until they eliminate the discount for military and government (which isn't affected by the removal of employer discounts), we will not be switching to another carrier and as a result, I will have to choose between iOS, WP8, and Android.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960, techvisor, NinjaB and 1 others like this.
    04-01-14 09:11 PM
    You argue that this puts T-Mobile in poorer bargaining position with other OEMs, which may be true. But then it also means that BBRY is in a poorer position with other carriers, because they're now more important to BBRY.
    Last edited by Wiki Cydia; 04-02-14 at 09:21 AM. Reason: Typo
    techvisor likes this.
    04-01-14 09:14 PM
    When Sprint & T Mobile US merge this will be be a non issues.....its coming.
    FairlightRacing likes this.
    04-01-14 09:20 PM
    Sign of the times.

A year from now Tmo will be alive and kicking, and BlackBerry will be dead... if it lasts that long.

I wish it were the other way around... could have been... but BlackBerry just continued to blow it... again and again and again.

Posted with Z10 via CB10
    Caymancroc and cognacp like this.
    04-01-14 09:21 PM
    I think it's fantastic. If you ain't for us then you can only be against us. T mobile is supposedly doing what's best for them and so should BlackBerry.

Dunno why some of you are so fixated on this carrier dependence. Screw them. BlackBerry should set up its own stores like it is already on line.. cut out the unsupportive middle men that do nothing but actually try to not sell BlackBerry phones and make things worse with their staff that for the most part stop people from buying BlackBerry phones.

If BlackBerry can reduce costs, and serve it's own niche market successfully and profitable while at it u can bet these guys would be back begging to sell BlackBerry phones.

I support it.

BB did do this, and ironically to cut costs closed them lol
    tack, BB_Junky and 21stNow like this.
    04-01-14 09:21 PM
    I wouldnt say this is good. It means even less people that will have the opportunity to buy BB devices. Probably also no more software updates for t mobile customers. T mobile actually did push updates out at one time before anyone else. this will hurt BB more than tmobile IMO. Tmob can just sell another android, windows or apple device
    I strongly disagree T mobiles agenda is very clear, If internally the goal is to convert current customers to another platform you are not serving your partners best interest. While this might seem an aggressive response to T Mobiles recent conduct, it makes perfect long term sense. BlackBerry will slowly consolidate support in the US, this will require (Brand Repair) by aligning themselves with carriers that will promote BB and properly train there staff on BB products and services, if this requires short term pain so be it. I believe this will be the first but not the last carrier BB will part ways with. The damage to the brand by sales reps and partners not supporting BB needs to end, then Brand image will begin to be repaired. Sell direct and advertise direct. If BlackBerry has one or two carriers in the states that really sell the product, it will do more for the brand then having your partners convert yours customers because they need to sell the latest Iphone. Just my opinion!
    04-01-14 09:23 PM
    At least T-Mobile users can buy gsm phones unlocked and throw in a sim card. This would be worse if it was Verizon.

Posted via CB10
    flyingsolid and vjh425 like this.
    04-01-14 09:23 PM
    I firmly believe in John Chen, but I fail to see how this is a good thing... ugh!
    04-01-14 09:27 PM
    Bad news are always good to this community, I've never seen otherwise... well, this is a fan site, after all.

BlackBerry 101 - Help Channel
    04-01-14 09:27 PM
712 123 ...