Ok give me a second to get my soap box setup.....

First up. Thank you to all of the BlackBerry employees for their hard work and dedication to their products. To the ones that will be affected by the layoff, my heart goes out to you and your families. I've been there myself with the automotive industry, and I understand the heartache and worry that you face. But you'll get through it.

As for the platform/device, I feel it's awesome. Why, because it does what I want perfectly. As an electrician working in the manufacturing industry with robotics and automation. I've loaded all my manuals and drawing on to my Z10. I use the electrical app and calculators that i have bought all the time. It has some great games too. I personally don't need 2 million apps the five pages of apps is enough. Yes there a couple that are out there that i would like, but not enough to give me pause to buy an IPhone or android. I use my Z10 as a tool to communicate, calculate, surf, and yes entertain. Which it dose very well

I like the security of the software to let me have some control over what the app has access to. Now this is my little rant I am not going to beat on the other players, this is just info i have dug up and how i interpreted it. A magazine that i read is a popular hackers magazine and in it where some articles about what data Apple is mining in the background of their phones. The other was how android is susceptible to malware and other attacks. Now I'm not to worried myself about what company or government wants to know, because I'm not that exciting of a person. It's just that I'd rather be asked first.

Another reason for me is that it's a Canadian company that is paying good wages, and I like an old saying "buy what you neighbors build". That way they can turn around buy something that the company I work for makes.

I'm damn proud to be Canadian and to be a BlackBerry owner. An old ranch hand told me one time that when you ride for an outfit you stand by them. So I guess i am standing by BlackBerry and you can say I've drank the cool aid or whatever you want to call it that's fine cause I'm all in and thirsty for another round.

As the saying goes "You have my boots, my hat, and my BlackBerry when you pry them from my cold dead hands."

I see BlackBerry as the Linux of the phone world for the hard core people who get it done.

As for the troll dolls that bash here, go **** on an electric fence. Until you come out with some actual facts and not just bull sh!t of we have more apps then I'll sit down and discuss it.

Thank you for letting me say my piece. Now I'll hold the soap box for the next person to step up on if they like.
    09-21-13 04:06 AM
    Well said Bro. Well said. Couldn't disagree with you in most areas, however, I've used Ubuntu and I don't find it quite as stable or productive as Windows. I may be wrong, but I think that parallel does not stand to be true.

Also, I really do feel for all the BlackBerry employees that lost their jobs. However, I'd like to thank them for creating my favourite mobile OS and they should know that they have no reason to be disappointed in themselves. You guys are our heroes here at CrackBerry.

Lastly, the loss was quite upsetting and stuff, but it was going to happen Sadly, the world is ignorant and is more interested in things like candy crush than getting things done. Anyway, to all BlackBerry employees who lost their jobs and to the falling mighty BBRY, we love you and hope that your future is bright: So bright that you have to wear shades.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-13 04:24 AM