Does Blackberry intend on adding a duel sim phone in the USA soon and with Tmobile??? I want one so bad!

Posted via CB10
    05-30-16 01:58 AM
    BB should consider it. It would be ideal for business travelers

Posted via CB10
    05-30-16 03:01 AM
    BB doesn't even make dual-SIM phones in markets where dual-SIM phones are the standard - and where BB's biggest market is: Indonesia. If they don't make them there, you can be absolutely, positively sure they won't be making one for the US.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    05-30-16 11:23 AM
    I was always perplexed as to why they never brought this forward considering they acquired Movirtu ltd, which is a service that allows you to have two numbers on one phone. " the service lets employees who use one phone for work and home to switch easily between business and personal profiles with billing clearly separated".
    05-30-16 11:34 AM
    Are the sims fighting with swords?

Get it, duel. Sorry.
    MikeX74, MAbH11, peednus and 1 others like this.
    05-30-16 01:11 PM
    I was always perplexed as to why they never brought this forward considering they acquired Movirtu ltd, which is a service that allows you to have two numbers on one phone. " the service lets employees who use one phone for work and home to switch easily between business and personal profiles with billing clearly separated".
    Another purchase left by the wayside. The wasted purchases are piling up.
    05-30-16 01:16 PM
    Very simple - resistance from the US networks who consider the ability to switch to a competing provider to be a Bad Thing.
    05-30-16 06:03 PM
    Very simple - resistance from the US networks who consider the ability to switch to a competing provider to be a

Bad Thing � .
    A little clarification... :-)

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    05-30-16 08:51 PM
    Don't be evil and switch... ^ :-)

05-30-16 08:51 PM
    Are the sims fighting with swords?

Get it, duel. Sorry.
    I've got my money on the Burr sim.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-16 10:09 PM
    I've got my money on the Burr sim.

Posted via CB10
    Better buy a burr-ito. Ask Homer!

With Android, it might be time to try dual-SIM again. Unless BlackBerry wants to push its Virtual SIM "Movirtu" solution.... :-)

05-30-16 11:45 PM
    Better buy a burr-ito. Ask Homer!

With Android, it might be time to try dual-SIM again. Unless BlackBerry wants to push its Virtual SIM "Movirtu" solution.... :-)

•   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   •
    Movirtu ManyMe is integrated into the network of the operator using industry standard technologies and protocols. Once integrated, subscribers using the Movirtu Virtual SIM platform are managed as any other subscriber within the network.

Movirtu required Carriers to participate.... they didn't, and Movirtu is basically dead at this time. Their website still says 2015 on it, and their last bit of "news" or "Events" was when BlackBerry bought them in 2014. Maybe BlackBerry was able to incorporate some of Movirtu technology to make their EMM solutions better, but as a virtual SIM it's pretty much a dead end.

Now that BlackBerry has moved to Android which has dual SIMS support, maybe BlackBerry will look at releasing dual SIM devices in the markets where those tend to be a necessary feature.
    05-31-16 09:17 AM
    I think I remember reading/hearing somewhere that blackberry is still interested in releasing a dual Sim phone based on Movirtu technology. So it wasn't a wasted purchase like someone has stated.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-16 12:44 PM
    I think I remember reading/hearing somewhere that blackberry is still interested in releasing a dual Sim phone based on Movirtu technology. So it wasn't a wasted purchase like someone has stated.
    NASA is also "interested" in having a colony on Mars... but it's unlikely to happen in the next decade. Being "interested" is mostly meaningless - what matters is: are they actively working towards (and spending money on) making it happen? I'm not sure BB is actively working on Dual-Sim anything - real or virtual.
    05-31-16 07:30 PM
    NASA is also "interested" in having a colony on Mars... but it's unlikely to happen in the next decade. Being "interested" is mostly meaningless - what matters is: are they actively working towards (and spending money on) making it happen? I'm not sure BB is actively working on Dual-Sim anything - real or virtual.
    Alright Troy, alright. Take it easy.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-16 09:26 PM