I know this may sound silly but this has gotten me wondering for quite a while now.

I'm currently in California visiting family and doing some research for my company, my girlfriend is on the eastcoast.

I know that this may sound VERY cheesy but my girlfriend and I like to fall asleep while talking on the phone with eachother, after a couple of calls we realized that my Blackberry always disconnects the call around 4 hours into the phonecall. Why is that?

I've done this with other phones before and they worked well, I'm just curious, is there any reason why this is happening? Is there a fix for it?

Thanks in advance

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-26-09 06:07 AM
    Mate, you need help. After 4 hours of solid radiation a day I'm surprised you even remember you have a girlfriend or where she lives.
    12-26-09 06:46 AM
    This isn't a BB issue, but a carrier security feature. T-Mobile (and I suspect other carriers) have this built into their network. It wouldn't matter which phone you were using...
    Last edited by jmhphr; 12-26-09 at 07:30 AM.
    12-26-09 06:57 AM
    I have a bluetooth so I think I'm set with the radiation. Thanks for the concern tho!

And I've used sidekicks and other phones from tmobile before and I've never had my phone shutoff after 4 hours. My girlfriend is with AT&T with a iphone and her end never drops.

Its probably just me, its such a hassle when I'm in a conference call with my company too and we're trying to discuss or update a visual planner and we're being walk through over what we have to do and its always my phone and 2 other blackberry users within my company that gets booted after 4 hours.

12-26-09 07:50 AM
    A 4 hour conference call? Shoot me!
    12-26-09 08:42 AM
    I'm still going with Calx on this. 4 Hours on the phone every day is a bit much. I don't talk 4 hours a week on mine.
    12-26-09 09:14 AM
    All of you missed the obvious reason... it ran out of battery power. lol
    12-26-09 09:14 AM
    All of you missed the obvious reason... it ran out of battery power. lol
    The user guide says 6 hrs talk time, so that can't be it...

But no ****, 4 hour conf calls? You must office in a first floor location. If I was subjected to routine 4 hour conf calls i'd be swandiving out my window.
    12-26-09 09:22 AM
    That's the first I've heard of four hour conference calls, too. I'd call TMO's Customer Care, cuz now I'm curious, too!
    12-26-09 10:20 AM
    There is absolutely a 4hr limit to voice calls on T-Mobile network. This is not a limitation of the blackberry.
    12-26-09 10:33 AM
    I have a bluetooth so I think I'm set with the radiation. Thanks for the concern tho!

There are also warnings out for Bluetooth devices.
    12-26-09 10:39 AM
    I know 4 hour conference calls are hard to believe but YES, such a thing exists, especially when I'm stuck traveling and trying to set up and organize events and such all over the country.

I mean I know its a hassle but I get free plane tickets and hotels so its not that bad. It justs us takes us forever to set everything up since we're small.

But eh, probably is just a tmobile thing then.

N no its not because of the battery I have it plugged in

Thanks for the information guys, I'll figure something out

12-26-09 11:09 AM
    Oh also, another reason why I put up with a bunch of the crap that my company goes through.

I'm only 21, finding a GOOD job/career these days are pretty hard to come by. I'm making a good living, I mean its a pain but my job is pretty fun. =D

E.M.C - Martial Arts For Hire, Our Demo Reel

12-26-09 11:14 AM

And I've used sidekicks and other phones from tmobile before and I've never had my phone shutoff after 4 hours. My girlfriend is with AT&T with a iphone and her end never drops.

Its probably just me, its such a hassle when I'm in a conference call with my company too and we're trying to discuss or update a visual planner and we're being walk through over what we have to do and its always my phone and 2 other blackberry users within my company that gets booted after 4 hours.

It would be a miracle if you could have a 4 hour connection on at&t in this area.
    12-26-09 11:17 AM
    It would be a miracle if you could have a 4 hour connection on at&t in this area.
    Ahahahahahaha, now that was worth the read of this thread. Thanks for the laugh mnmnmn. So true too.
    For the OP, falling asleep with your girlfriend on the phone...I have a cure for your problem. get married...you will never want to spend more than 4 minutes on the phone with her then! (sorry lol, had to)

12-26-09 02:01 PM
    my curve 8330 on sprint used to do that... don't know why tho.
    12-26-09 09:07 PM
    I was wondering if maybe SHE actually disconnects but does not admit it!!!

If nothing else, the snoring would get boring, I'd think.
    12-27-09 09:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD