Just had the weirdest dream ^^

I woke up outside, it had snowed during the night.

Immediately I thought 'how will I get home!'
    (not sure where I was, perhaps camping out ready to hit the trails on my steed)

I grab Z10 out of pocket and swipe up to wake (10.3.1 is buggy even in my sub conscious i.e. advanced interactions on the fritz).

Eventually I get to picture password and pw has what can only described as a combo of android live wallpaper and wallpaper changer (lock screen wall was an animated image and it changed to another animated image every time I returned to it).

Feeling totally bamboozled I somehow got to home screen (yesterday picture password actually disappeared for a minute or so, i.e. just a blank screen).

Oh well, I woke refreshed and funnily enough remembering the entire dream...

Z10STL100-2/10.3.1.2243
    03-12-15 12:25 PM
    I wonder if they are "dream interpreters" on these forums.
    03-12-15 12:37 PM
    The changing picture sounds a lot like what happens when one tries to read in a dream. For some reason we lack the ability to concentrate while dreaming, so the content changes or is garbled. Some people can use that to trigger lucid dreaming, which is when a person is conscious and able to control their dream.

I had an interesting thought as to why we sleep and dream. What if consciousness is not a natural state, but rather an evolutionary development that gave some creatures a massive advantage over others. What if the natural state of being is that loosely associated, chaotic state we experience when dreaming.

Think of it like a sponge full of water. The natural state is when it is full of water. When we wake up and become conscious, the act of being conscious squeezes the water out of the sponge. Going to sleep stops the squeezing and allows the water to come back into the sponge and mingle.

So in a way, many life forms have mastered the natural state of chaos, harnessing it to allow the state of conscious to occur.

This occurred to me at a time when I hadn't slept for a couple days. Reality eventually starts to break down, becoming more and more like the state we call dreaming.

Food for thought.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-15 12:50 PM
    Update:

Just remembered that in the dream... once I got into the phone, the changing live wallpaper was actually a feature of the ph (note to devs) there were circular select buttons to choose any number of animated wall papers (for lock screen).

Certainly would make ph nigh on impregnable ^^

@tatwi - that's some deep guano!

Z10STL100-2/10.3.1.2243
    03-12-15 02:44 PM
    Obviously I'm the only user that really gives a rats about their BlackBerry phone, as I'm the only one which has a BlackBerry device that has reached into their sub conscious

Z10STL100-2/10.3.1.2243
    03-13-15 05:55 AM
    Yeah, I have to say I am a little disappointed by the lack of activity in this thread. It looked like a good one!

Personally, I always have crazy dreams about wacky stuff and mundane stuff and everything in-between. Many I remember for a while and some I remember to this day, but I can't recall any specifically about a BlackBerry. I am sure they've been in there though, as I have been using a BlackBerry for several years now.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-15 08:50 AM
    Mmm... first phone in a dream for me, and I've been breaking phs since late 90's

Maybe the rest of them have no personality ^^

Nice chatting Tatwi

Z10STL100-2/10.3.1.2243
    03-13-15 01:05 PM
    I had a dream that I dropped my Passport and the screen cracked...

Suffer Now & Live The Rest Of Your Life As A Champion
    Last edited by Aljean Thein; 03-14-15 at 02:27 AM.
    03-13-15 02:02 PM
    I had a dream that my phone got the 10.3.1 update (this was before it was released). Woke up and saw nothing on the phone, took me a few mins to realize it was a dream.

Now I wish I hadn't upgraded to 10.3.1 ... lawl
    03-14-15 01:06 AM
    Hey! Some other dreamers... awesome ^^

Z10STL100-2/10.3.1.2243
    03-15-15 02:43 PM