Hi,

I just created a network on my Macbook Pro and my Blackberry doesn't see the network. Any ideas? I am in a hotel room that doesn't have wifi (except for cable) and I am desperate to get my BBM working.

Thanks
    07-24-10 10:19 PM
    Jinx, maybe I'm missing something but from what you are saying the hotel doesn't have wifi and you are trying to get your BB to "See" the network? Your laptop has a wifi receiver just like your BB. It's not a wifi router. You can creat & manage a virtual network on your macbook but it needs to be connected to a router. Again, unless I'm misunderstanding what you are trying to do.
    07-24-10 11:28 PM
    ^ LOL. That's how I would've interpreted as well. Nothing makes sense to me either.
    07-25-10 07:45 AM
    why dont you just use the mobile network for bbm, dont have to be wifi
    07-25-10 11:26 AM
    Jinx, maybe I'm missing something but from what you are saying the hotel doesn't have wifi and you are trying to get your BB to "See" the network? Your laptop has a wifi receiver just like your BB. It's not a wifi router. You can creat & manage a virtual network on your macbook but it needs to be connected to a router. Again, unless I'm misunderstanding what you are trying to do.
    Macs can use their wireless card to create ad-hoc networks - if you are connected to wired internet you can share it over wifi.

I don't really have an answer for why the OP's BB isn't picking up the network, just thought I'd clarify the situation.
    07-26-10 08:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD