I heard from someone, who heard from someone, who heard from someone else, that kbz1960 secretly closes the curtains and dances around the room in a Spider-Man costume three times a week. ;-)

Sorry - couldn't resist.
    Pffft, and now everyone knows. I might as well make a video now
    04-22-15 12:48 PM
    Bbnivende - I like your posts a lot, but you're doing the same thing. Coming up with conjecture based on heresay.

Do you have data that says that "Z10 returns were 'higher than normal'"? What was their return rate compared to other leading phones? Compared to BlackBerry? Compared to what they were expecting? Likewise, do you have a breakdown of the reasons for returning? What % were based upon available apps? Not liking the OS? Finding it too different from BlackBerrys past? Technical issues?

Not saying you don't have potential points, but this is not a "fact". It's a conjecture being passed off as a fact. Unless I'm wrong.

The only data I ever saw about "Returns being enormous" was this claim RIM Asks Regulators to Review Analyst's Comments About BlackBerry Z10 - WSJ

Which then allegedly resulted in a big insider trading case

Boston firm Detwiler Fenton at center of criminal case over Blackberry sales data - Boston Business Journal
    Got me there. When I was shopping for a Z10 I was warned away by two different carrier stores. Given the reboot and Battery issues and some software issues I would be surprised if there were not a higher rate of returns. You are correct that we have no reported stats.

I am one of the lucky ones whose z10 has never rebooted and it has a reasonable battery life.

I honestly do not have a clue how BlackBerry can right the ship. I do not believe the answer lies in making very wide devices or small screened devices.

My armchair opinion is that they should go to a 4/3 screen for PKB devices and a quality built Porsche like all touch device at iPhone price.

The slider could prove popular if it is not too thick and weighs in close to 170 grams.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Bbnivende; 04-22-15 at 03:27 PM.
    04-22-15 03:01 PM
    When I was shopping for a Z10 I was warned away by two different carrier stores.
    Fair enough. I had one place warn me away, but several others tell me they sold a lot of them and loved it. Experience will vary from place to place, I guess.

I am one of the lucky ones whose z10 has never rebooted and it has a reasonable battery life.
    That's a good thing. My Z10 has definitely rebooted, though almost exclusively in the same circumstance ... when accessing music or podcasts from the media card. Battery has gotten better but still not what I'd call "great". Then again, my iPhone 6, which I was told would have "great" battery life is in roughly the exact same range.

I honestly do not have a clue how BlackBerry can right the ship. I do not believe the answer lies in making very wide devices or small screened devices.
    Me either. I wouldn't take Chen's job and the hassle no matter how much I was paid. I get what he's trying to do by diversifying. Whether or not he's successful, time will tell. There are a lot of armchair executives on CrackBerry that are convinced that they could right the ship by making changes to the handheld business, but I'm even more skeptical of those plans. ;-)

I get the disappointment too. I wanted a new touch screen as well and didn't get one. I understand why I don't have one, I understand why they aren't full force in handhelds and I understand my I don't have a BlackBerry as a daily driver as a result.

All we can do is watch.
    04-22-15 03:40 PM
    I get the disappointment too. I wanted a new touch screen as well and didn't get one. I understand why I don't have one, I understand why they aren't full force in handhelds and I understand my I don't have a BlackBerry as a daily driver as a result.

All we can do is watch.
    Hopefully BlackBerry is collaborating with Samsung on the slider (a la the dual curved display) and it will be thinner as well. I'm super curious to see the device when it comes out.
    04-22-15 04:16 PM
    Do you honestly think all of those current Z10 owners secretly yearn for a keyboard device? They got a touch screen for a reason. If BB doesn't have a touchscreen update for them when they are ready for an upgrade they'll go elsewhere.
    Actually, that's what I did and I was a BlackBerry user for many years. I've had the 8100, 8110, 9000, 9800, 9700, 9780, 9900, and Z 10. I always liked BlackBerry phones, but now I prefer all touch phones, thanks to the Z10, and I think it's unrealistic to think that there is such a clamor for phones with a physical keyboard. I, for one, hope that BlackBerry comes out with a high end all touch phone. No more pkb for me. I'm not saying I'm right and everyone else is wrong. I'm just saying that my preference is all touch.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-22-15 06:41 PM
180 ... 678