There are plenty of touchscreen devices made yearly and the market is over-saturated. All it will have is low sales much like the Z10 and Z30. BlackBerry needs to produce more unique smartphones like sliders and phones with physical keyboards.

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Passport | Been around the world, don't speak the language but workin' wide need no explainin'
    04-20-15 01:55 AM
    There are plenty of touchscreen devices made yearly and the market is over-saturated. All it will have is low sales much like the Z10 and Z30. BlackBerry needs to produce more unique smartphones like sliders and phones with physical keyboards.

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Passport | Been around the world, don't speak the language but workin' wide need no explainin'
    What about the loyal Z30 and Z10 users that are waiting for an upgrade?
    Jrox74, Maxxxpower, dolco and 21 others like this.
    04-20-15 02:05 AM
    According to what he wrote above simply buy another touch device weather android or iOS
    Brilliant yes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    04-20-15 02:10 AM
    How many people bought the Z30 though? Maybe 300,000? And half of them only when it was on massive sale? A company can't be profitable with that small a market unfortunately.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-15 02:54 AM
    Of course it does
    04-20-15 02:57 AM
    How many people bought the Z30 though? Maybe 300,000? And half of them only when it was on massive sale? A company can't be profitable with that small a market unfortunately.

Posted via CB10
    The worst market to alienate are the most loyal users that have been buying BB phones since the beginning. They are the only ones that are really marketing BB products right now like a religion. I feel for them as there's no other platform that's better for them so I hope Chen addresses that core market
    04-20-15 03:28 AM
    Apple had a core loyal base as far back in 1993 from what I remember, talked about their PCs like it was their partner and that base helped Apple grow its reputation as a solid product until the IPod made Apple a household name
    04-20-15 03:33 AM
    Sorry but I have to disagree, I love my Z10 and with the latest BB10 updates it is even better. I have never been a keyboard person. I came to BlackBerry with the Torch and then the Storm. The Z10 rocks for me still looking at the Z30 but I'm waiting to see if a new high end touch comes out. Not interested in the Leap as it looks like a sideways step from my Z10. The Z30 looks to be the best touchscreen upgrade at this time IMO. Not all BlackBerry users are PKB lovers and I don't think Mr. Chen & Co will forget about us. Rocking 24-7 with my Z10 & 64GB PlayBook
    04-20-15 03:55 AM
    The other night I was having dinner with some new friends and they started talking about their phones, I pulled out my BB and they loved it.
    Now let's say one of them thinks about purchasing one and trying it out, once they see there aren't any new touch screen models out and the latest one is a Z30 with 2 year old specs, I highly doubt anyone would purchase one and they'd never even get to try one out.
    BB needs a high end device with the latest specs, it's the only phone that would convince many people out there to try out a BB over an iPhone or Android.
    cman5 likes this.
    04-20-15 03:57 AM
    I probably should research this () but won't the slider be a large touch screen too? For me I got a Z30 a month ago and I intend on using it for a long time, as long as I can. I had an iPhone 4s and the Blackberry is much faster device so I'm fine with it not being "bleeding edge" (it's not even close of course). But that slider looks class, I can see myself moving to that - I'd like the option of keyboard and touchscreen - touch screen for short messages like in app replies etc, and the keyboard for writing larger bodies of text.

Saying that I've never actually used a PKB phone haha!
    04-20-15 04:03 AM
    Your small loyal userbase doesn't sell enough touchscreen devices to make the hardware business profitable. BlackBerry needs to do what's right for them, not to please a small minority.

04-20-15 04:23 AM
    Your small loyal userbase doesn't sell enough touchscreen devices to make the hardware business profitable. BlackBerry needs to do what's right for them, not to please a small minority.
    I made a small correction for you:

Your small loyal userbase doesn't sell enough devices to make the hardware business profitable. BlackBerry needs to do what's right for them, not to please a small minority.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-15 05:24 AM
    According to what he wrote above simply buy another touch device weather android or iOS
    Brilliant yes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    That's a mistake. A huge mistake. The only real avenue of marketing BlackBerry has, is their loyal users. Telling them, "Sorry, go buy and Android or iPhone". Is seriously self destructive. The answer is simple, limit the production of your premium all touch device. Use the numbers from previous sales of the Z10 and Z30 to gage production of new all touch devices. Amazing! Who would have thought? Smdh!

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 and lakes76 like this.
    04-20-15 06:40 AM
    Thats cool and all but take care of the ones that take care of you. Z30 and Z10 user deserve an upgrade. The sad part is some users think thats what the leap is .
    Icarus3000, BerryBerto and pystha like this.
    04-20-15 06:50 AM
    a lot of users most likely thought an all touch berry would probably be crappy like the Blackberry storms of the past. How much of those users where physical keyboard love that now love touchscreen. Plus the marketing sucked for the Z30. Its like the passport. Even some blackberry users don't know it exists. The should released the slider, the classic and a powered all touch Z10/Z30 upgrade this year. everyone's happy. Then the leap to try to make money off old z10 parts
    04-20-15 07:03 AM
    If more people had been aware of the new touch devices more people would have bought them. IMHO you can't base hardware production on PR blunders and us tele operators making deals about quotas for iPhone sales (read corruption).
    04-20-15 07:09 AM
    If more people had been aware of the new touch devices more people would have bought them. IMHO you can't base hardware production on PR blunders and us tele operators making deals about quotas for iPhone sales (read corruption).
    I disagree. Nobody is buying them because there's no native apps available for big apps like Snapchat, Instagram, Facebook Messenger etc. Android battery draining apps don't cut it.

Kris Simundson likes this.
    04-20-15 08:00 AM
    The problem is......BlackBerry has always tried to do what is profitable......for BlackBerry and the sales indicate something is "not" working. I really don't know what can be done to revamp the name/image/excitement back to BlackBerry. But, I don't think offering a Slider that doesn't have equivalent specs to other devices on the market.......that are actually selling is going to work either. After 12 years, still hoping for the best for BlackBerry. However, lessons should have been learned and obviously haven't. Brand Loyalty requires something from both sides - loyalty from the consumer to buy the product and products that potentially interested/newbies/loyal/former consumers have confidence in and are willing to purchase. If one is basing their Blackberry purchase on the advice of family or peers, you probably won't get one. LOL I got my wife spoiled on BlackBerries. She doesn't care.......as long as I get her a new one when I purchase one. Anyway, trying to explain to potential consumers that Chen is focused on business falls on deaf ears to others that have been waiting two years or purchased a Z30 and are thinking........now what?
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 04-20-15 at 08:31 AM.
    04-20-15 08:13 AM
    I disagree. Nobody is buying them because there's no native apps available for big apps like Snapchat, Instagram, Facebook Messenger etc. Android battery draining apps don't cut it.

And the same app deficit is there on BB's physical keyboard models, as well.
    04-20-15 08:16 AM
    Roughly half of the BlackBerry 10 user base operate a full touch. By giving existing users no meaningful upgrade path (while shunning native app development) it'll be a challenge to build the base going forward.

New Android flagships are coming out this Spring for Z10 users while the iPhone 6S will entice Z30 owners this Fall.
    04-20-15 09:05 AM
    What almost seems comical Is when the classic was revealed we were told they listened to what fans wanted. I for one never saw any forms or threads say they wanted the belt back that was the only thing stopping then from buying the bb10.

On the other hand I have seen multiple I want a z10/z30 successor. Yet from BlackBerry nothing. I don't know why they don't release 200k. Of each that is a small enough number that the shouldn't get hurt if they don't sell yet large enough to make some coin. If they sell great make more if not they can't get hurt from 200k. My 2 cents

Posted via CB10
    04-20-15 09:21 AM
    Of course they don't. Just like they don't need new users or current users that like full touch. All they need is corporations and everyone else can look elsewhere. I don't know how true it is that half of their base is full touch but if true there goes half of their base but I guess they are good with that?
    04-20-15 09:37 AM
    And the same app deficit is there on BB's physical keyboard models, as well.
    Except people buy physical keyboards because they are unavailable for iOS and Android, duh.

04-20-15 09:38 AM
    The Leap will be sold a zero down and it will correct the battery issue, I could see this phone being a good choice vs a no name Android phone. IF THE CARRIERS WILL SELL IT.

Yes, the North American market needs a high end all touch and if they can keep the weight down to 170 grams or less that will be the Slider.
    04-20-15 09:41 AM

Hahahaha. What has sold more: PKB BB10 devices or all touch BB10 devices?

I think if we apply the "Your small loyal userbase doesn't sell enough" stipulation then the Passport or Classic should have never seen the light of day. Also BlackBerry has never made a high end full touch device, just upper mid and priced them at high end. Z10 was GS3 specs released just before the GS4 came out. The Z30 had a 720 screen and priced as high or higher than devices with a 1080 screen.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-15 09:55 AM
180 123 ...