My laptop uses a fingerprint swipe login. Usually works well but occasionally I've had just a terrible time getting it to recognize my index fingerprint and have to <gasp> manually login.

Today I realized why. After typing on my BlackBerry for 30 minutes, my fingerprints are distorted from holding the Curve and the bio-authentication thingy can't recognize me! :-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-21-09 08:34 AM
    cuts an callouses will also mess around with biometric readers, same with pressing your finger on anything that will leave a temporary indentation on your finger.
    02-21-09 08:41 AM
    Hey BB-using criminals - unidentifiable by the FBI!
    02-21-09 08:42 AM
    My laptop uses a fingerprint swipe login. Usually works well but occasionally I've had just a terrible time getting it to recognize my index fingerprint and have to <gasp> manually login.

Today I realized why. After typing on my BlackBerry for 30 minutes, my fingerprints are distorted from holding the Curve and the bio-authentication thingy can't recognize me! :-)

BRILLIANT! All Criminals should carry BB Curves!

02-21-09 09:42 AM
    Lol, I like that idea. It makes sence why it does it. Kind of a neat little factoid
    02-21-09 11:18 AM
    Jbeachy - do you have a Thinkpad? If so, how to you make the fingerprint swipe work? I've never been able to figure this out.
    02-21-09 11:49 AM
    Jbeachy - do you have a Thinkpad? If so, how to you make the fingerprint swipe work? I've never been able to figure this out.
    Toshiba Tecra. Built-in, Protector Suite Software, v5.4.0. No problems here, just run the software, register all the desired fingerprints, and swipe away. Except when I've been using the Berry :-)

02-21-09 12:06 PM
    So now all crooks will carry bb...great.
    02-21-09 12:09 PM
    It could also maybe be from mass use causing your palms to sweat a bit and then not wiping fingers off before swiping may distort it by having built grease/sweat which makes it hard to read maybe? Dunno?

02-21-09 12:42 PM
    Thanks. I think my IT dept has it disabled.
    02-22-09 06:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD