We have 2 blackberry users that we connect to our exchange email server via the carriers blackberry internet service login. Our email server is in house and if our power goes out or internet goes down the blackberry disconnects from our email server and we need to login to the internet portal re-enter the password and re-connect the device we usually don't know this till about a month after when our employees say "I haven't gotten any email in like 3 weeks!" Anything we can do to prevent the blackberry from disconnecting?
    03-09-11 12:55 PM
    That is very odd. Once the server reboots or gets back on the net, everything should get back to work. Ny first thought is you need a better UPS for your Exchange Server. My second thought is you need a better ISP.

You could install BESX for free in your organization and then put the users on that. BESX should not run on your Exchange server, so if you have an old PC around that should do it.

The disconnection though, is extremely odd. I'll be watching this to see what some other thoughts are on this topic.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-09-11 08:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD