Hi guys,

Just installed Blackberry Desktop Manager and Device Manager on my Dell Vostro 1400. This laptop has built-in bluetooth and works fine with other programs.

However, when I access the Device Manager the "Turn on Bluetooh support" under Bluetooth options is gray and cannot be checked.

Please advise. Thank you.
    05-17-09 10:01 AM
    have you actually turned the bluetooth on on your laptop?
    05-17-09 10:18 AM
    have you actually turned the bluetooth on on your laptop?
    yes, my bluetooth is turned on. other programs like nokia pc suite work with my bluetooth connection.
    05-17-09 10:36 AM
    I can see what you mean now, remember mine being black once, it is now greyed out, ill keep having a look around for you.

out of interest why do you want to use bluetooth when wired connection is so much quicker?
    05-17-09 11:01 AM
    I can see what you mean now, remember mine being black once, it is now greyed out, ill keep having a look around for you.

out of interest why do you want to use bluetooth when wired connection is so much quicker?
    i just got used to doing things over bluetooth with my previous mobile phones.

do let me know if you've figured out why the bluetooth option is unavailable. thank you!
    05-17-09 12:24 PM
    i'm having the same problem as well. according to the device manager there is not bb bluetooth driver installed?? where can i get this?
    07-29-09 11:43 AM
    Did you pair your phone with your computer first??

I use BT all the time to sync and backup my phone!
    07-29-09 01:25 PM
    I'm having the same problem. BT options are greyed out. Please help.
    04-26-10 06:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD