I'm a long time BB user. Just purchased the 9900 and I love it. Despite my adoration for BB and its ease of typing, messaging, battery life, etc... I can't help but feel that blackberry is becoming more of a depressing experience. Everything from the app store to the dinky apps. Something just doesn't feel right anymore. I have an ipad 3 and whenever I use it I feel more modern, more enthusiastic. The apps on the ipad are beautiful, nicely designed and, just better than the same apps on the BB. I bought and returned the iphone 4s a few months back. In the two weeks I used the 4S, even though I hated the cumbersome messaging and lack of keyboard, the app experience was great. It felt fresh and, well, 'happy'. The blackberry just seems gloomy. Anyone else get that feeling? I'm not sure, but when the OS 10 keyboard phones come out, if the experience is still as dull as it is now, I may just give up on this whole underdog thing and go with the clear winners. Everyone says the virtual keyboard just takes getting used to and the BB keyboard is just about the only thing keeping me with my Bold.
    06-10-12 09:37 PM
    Man, you are in for a world of hurt. Get ready.
    06-10-12 09:48 PM
    Please, do we really need another one of these?

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...family-729313/

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...t-here-260887/

In before the lock.
    06-10-12 09:50 PM
    BB 10 will have apps that can not even be compared to what is currently offered. QNX is one of the easiest formats to design apps for. BB has learned from all of the past mistakes in giving the consumers what we want, while still maintaining a professional and secure device. I too, thought about jumping ship, but I am so confident that in spite of the financial difficulties RIM is facing right now, when it comes time to deliver, they are going to deliver! I am sure since this is an entire new format and a first for everyone, that it is going to be like night and day compared to anything RIM is offering right now. Will it be the BEST out there, or better then anything right now? Hard to say, but I am sure it is going to be very much on par with everything else out there, and for that reason alone it will be winner. I'd definitely hold out. I have a lot of friends on Androids and even iphone users, and even all of this has sparked their interest to the point that they are holding out on their upgrades until BB10 surfaces
    06-10-12 09:51 PM
    Why ask a question like this? Do you want validation of your opinion? I guess you should find the iMore forum (whereever is it) to praise all the apps you need to make you "happy".
    TgeekB, igor10000 and maddie1128 like this.
    06-10-12 10:22 PM
    Even though you state how unsatifactory productivity is on Iphone... apps seem to be your main interest.... would really suggest going back to IPhone as it obviously have more to fit your needs..... As apps on a smartphone is not of great interest to me and productivity is..... I am in the reverse of you.....Cannot see leaving BB even if BB10 flops...... No telling if BB10 will have the apps you want so you sort of answered you own question with your post.....
    06-10-12 10:25 PM
    I find dumba$$ topics like this to be depressing.
    Deu2e, homer1475, bigbmc26 and 6 others like this.
    06-10-12 10:29 PM
    I swear companies are paying these people to come and post "negative" threads about RIM.
    06-10-12 10:38 PM
    Haha +1 10char
    I find dumba$$ topics like this to be depressing.
    06-10-12 11:06 PM
    I'm a long time BB user. Just purchased the 9900 and I love it. Despite my adoration for BB and its ease of typing, messaging, battery life, etc... I can't help but feel that blackberry is becoming more of a depressing experience. Everything from the app store to the dinky apps. Something just doesn't feel right anymore. I have an ipad 3 and whenever I use it I feel more modern, more enthusiastic. The apps on the ipad are beautiful, nicely designed and, just better than the same apps on the BB. I bought and returned the iphone 4s a few months back. In the two weeks I used the 4S, even though I hated the cumbersome messaging and lack of keyboard, the app experience was great. It felt fresh and, well, 'happy'. The blackberry just seems gloomy. Anyone else get that feeling? I'm not sure, but when the OS 10 keyboard phones come out, if the experience is still as dull as it is now, I may just give up on this whole underdog thing and go with the clear winners. Everyone says the virtual keyboard just takes getting used to and the BB keyboard is just about the only thing keeping me with my Bold.
    Seriously, you have major issues if any type of technology depresses you. More importantly, I'd wager no one really cares how you feel about BlackBerry, or iPad, or any other form of technology.
    maddie1128 likes this.
    06-10-12 11:16 PM
    OP = Trolling (Title says it all)

Seriously your beef is Apps. Either there aren't enough or they don't look neato to you.
    There's so many threads out there talking about this. Please search for them and add your two cents.

Also, if you really are taken by the whizbang flash of iOS apps and you find anything else to be dull and boring even if it's more functional maybe there's a bigger issue there.

These threads are starting to look redundant. It always starts the same.

I'm a long time BB user, but I find (insert other platform, usually apple) so much better due to X and/or Y. Why is RIM not like that What are your thoughts?

groan, I'm starting to think there's a RIM trollin post generator out there....like the BS Generator Corporate B.S. Generator.
    06-10-12 11:19 PM
    Man, you are in for a world of hurt. Get ready.
    Somebody gonna get a hurt real bad...
    HabsSuck likes this.
    06-10-12 11:20 PM
    Yeah yall crackberrys who think bb10 is gonna save rim lol sad but true

Sent from my Nexus S 4g using Tapatalk 2
    flaminSaganaki likes this.
    06-10-12 11:40 PM
    OP, my desktop computer is a Mac running Lion, I have access to apps, and I wouldn't describe it as a happy experience

The BB10 dev kit is making it much easier for devs to make quality apps.

My 9810 + playbook pairing makes me

OP, you're on the left side of those BB commercials from the UK
    BB10FTW likes this.
    06-10-12 11:50 PM
    Other than everyone else, I'm willing to discuss this.

Are you basing you app experience with BB devices to iPhone's? In that case, yes there's a huge quality difference in the graphical interfaces between the platforms. Which I'm guessing is what you're referring to.

But with BB10, that shouldn't be the case, if the same app from iPhone is on BB10 also, then it'd be pretty much the same.
    sevoman and flaminSaganaki like this.
    06-10-12 11:51 PM
    Not really depressing, but...alone maybe. Lmao.
    Only because none of my friends have Blackberries anymore so I don't have a reason to use BBM.

Other than that its fine.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    06-11-12 12:37 AM
    Yeah yall crackberrys who think bb10 is gonna save rim lol sad but true

Sent from my Nexus S 4g using Tapatalk 2
    And you're a robot posting on a Blackberry site. Just plain sad...
    06-11-12 01:27 AM
    I'm the fastest typer on blackberry in this earth by 73.1 WPM........
    06-11-12 01:43 AM

Clear enough ?
    06-11-12 02:56 AM
    I swear companies are paying these people to come and post "negative" threads about RIM.
    Agreed. Said it many times. Some fruits just don't like other fruits. Look no further.
    06-11-12 03:04 AM
    contentment, partly for me is, a mobile phone which contains a few functional apps that do what I need, when I need , a mobile that answers and makes calls without connectivity issues, to be able to text or e-mail useing my stubby fingers. To stay connected.
    Depression to me is a life that has no contentment, chaseing rainbows, wanting things that we are told we need.

Contentment is my BB 9810.
    06-11-12 03:13 AM
    Sad from using a cell phone? One depresses you while the other makes you happy?

Do you have any friends?

If using a cell phone makes you sad, you should really avoid tall buildings....
    06-11-12 03:16 AM
    It can be because of the overwhelming negativity toward blackberry combined with the overhyping of apps on other platforms vs the selection on your bb, shrinking bbm contact list, bad news reports and so on. Personally since i have got tablets i barely use apps on my smartphone anymore i see that you have the ipad2 i don't really see how my life is improved by having both the ipad and iphone combined together i could go without my iphone but also ive been using iphones for the last 4 years so it may be just me getting bored of the platform. I think personally that everyone who gets a iphone goes through a honeymoon period with apps. A lot of people download countless apps to their phone and really only end up using 3 or 4 regularly. Im over the whole honeymoon period but if you have not used another platform other than blackberry sooner or later you are going to want to get that out of your system. If you still want your blackberry i would go with a ipod touch but if you wanna switch i say go for it scratch that itch and comeback later or just buy a iphone and keep your blackberry if you dont want one or the other in a few months sell the one you dont want.
    06-11-12 04:04 AM
    BlackBerry's are made for active and productive people. Go out and explore, pick up a new hobby and watch how your BlackBerry helps you feel more sophisticated, as opposed to observing how the app experience feels like on an iPhone
    Heliogabalus likes this.
    06-11-12 06:26 AM
    woke up this morning and watched the news...syria, afghanistan, banking crisis, murders etc....and you are depressed by your phone?????
    06-11-12 06:37 AM
72 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD