Foremost, I'm sorry about this, I can imagine this question pops up alot. So I'll snap right to it.

Say I get a blackberry(contract) with no data plan. Is the price for using unlimited bbm and stuff for 1 month �5? Or does it work similar to PAYG.

Say my contract, for example the one here: BlackBerry Curve 9360 on O2 Blackberry �16.50, 24 months | The Carphone Warehouse
    So this comes with '500mb BlackBerry Data'. Is this for bbm, and similar services. Can I browse the web on my phone as part of 'Blackberry data'. If so, is 500mb enough to use bbm, browse the web and do other things?

I'm confused, as if you look here: BlackBerry - Curve 9360 - Pay monthly - Mobile phones - Tesco Mobile
    The deals have normal data, then in 'Extras' unlimited use of bbm. Would this include internet browsing?

Thanks, this may be a little confusing, I'll be checking every 30 mins so please ask if you need to know more!
    09-22-12 07:57 AM
    Is this in the wrong section? I'll repost if so.
    09-22-12 08:39 AM
    I have 500 MB of Data and never go over, but I'm not a heavy Internet user.
    09-22-12 08:46 AM
    As long as the 500mb is a blackberry data plan, it will allow you to use BBM, WAP browser, etc.

Those BBM and social network only data plans are exactly what they sound like. You can use BBM, Facebook, twitter and a few other apps but not browser or other data connected apps.
    09-22-12 09:26 AM
    I have 500 MB of Data and never go over, but I'm not a heavy Internet user.
    As long as the 500mb is a blackberry data plan, it will allow you to use BBM, WAP browser, etc.

Those BBM and social network only data plans are exactly what they sound like. You can use BBM, Facebook, twitter and a few other apps but not browser or other data connected apps.
    Thank you guys so much!

Okay, so excuse me if I'm sounding really stupid, or pointing out the obvious. I just really don't want to get locked into a 24 month contract with something useless to me. Please just help me confirm each fact so I know I have my facts right.

With this 500mb Blackberry data plan. I get all blackberry services(bbm, web browsing etc), and wont have to pay extra for them unless I go over 500mb. I will not need to pay an extra �5 a month which I have been told elsewhere.
    09-22-12 11:19 AM
    Bump, those are the last questions I promise!
    09-22-12 12:44 PM
    With this 500mb Blackberry data plan. I get all blackberry services(bbm, web browsing etc), and wont have to pay extra for them unless I go over 500mb. I will not need to pay an extra �5 a month which I have been told elsewhere.
    BlackBerry Data (not further described) *should* mean the service for which �5 is quoted as the additional cost over a basic dumbphone. However phone providers are devious money-grubbing bastards so if you are uncertain you should ask the chosen supplier directly.
    Achroite likes this.
    09-22-12 12:54 PM
    BlackBerry Data (not further described) *should* mean the service for which �5 is quoted as the additional cost over a basic dumbphone. However phone providers are devious money-grubbing bastards so if you are uncertain you should ask the chosen supplier directly.
    Okay thanks a bunch, I'll probably give em a call.
    09-22-12 12:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD