First I want to say. I love my BlackBerry. I guess you could say that I have become a diehard. This is my first BlackBerry z10. I now have 2 of them and a PlayBook. After using bb10. I couldn't imagine going to another os. My sister broke her galaxy s3 so I loaned he my other z10 till she got a new phone. She wanted A blackberry after using bb10. But like her there is no BlackBerry to buy. The leap is a piece of trash that I don't want no imagination just a bezel full slab. No thought to the design at all. don't want the classic not a keyboard guy. So what does that leave? Another z10. Maybe a z30. I want to get a new phone yet have no option at all. People have been going on and on about the market share plummeting. It has no where to go but down. We have no alternative but to go to another os. I am hanging on hoping they will surprise us with a z line upgrade. But so far very disappointing. I know they are embarrassed about the z line of phones. In my opinion they are the best phones BlackBerry ever made. I don't understand why they don't make a modest amount of z line replacements. They did that with the passport. But just doing nothing. And then the android rumour. I might have to stalk up on old z10 and 30. And hope a new os comes out as both ios and Android are going to need a new os soon. My 2 cents

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by silversmith75; 07-04-15 at 09:41 PM.
    CDM76 likes this.
    07-04-15 12:10 PM
    I hear ya ^^^^^^.

But sadly Chen doesn't...

Posted via CB10
    07-04-15 12:12 PM
    i would love to know where all the poeple who want a pkb are and how they got chen to listen... day after day i come to crackberry and all poeple say is i wish i could get a new z10 or z30.... no one indication of anything like this going on... yet they waste time and money on a android bb waste of time...
    CDM76 likes this.
    07-04-15 12:20 PM
    i would love to know where all the poeple who want a pkb are and how they got chen to listen... day after day i come to crackberry and all poeple say is i wish i could get a new z10 or z30.... no one indication of anything like this going on... yet they waste time and money on a android bb waste of time...
    I don't think it was really anyone pushing or convincing Chen for a physical keyboard but a desperation attempt from BB to try and recreate a physical keyboard market. There isn't much they can do at this point with the touchscreen market so they have tried to create a niche market of keyboard users hoping that a decent # of people would want to move back to a physical keyboard.
    07-04-15 12:27 PM
    The leap is not trash, have you used one?

Posted via CB10
    07-04-15 12:30 PM

Posted via CB10
    Trash as in. The spec is crap might. As well stick with z10/30 they are way nicer looking and feel better in your hand. To each their own though

Posted via CB10
    07-04-15 12:55 PM
    are you saying you cant find a z30 to buy on amazon?
    07-04-15 01:12 PM
    BlackBerry has Foxconn now... They could always do the 'Apple' you know, release the SAME device slab year after year, slight cosmetic changes, some internal changes and an extra row of icons for fun... Should make you glass slate lovers comfortable... Repack the Z30, call it the Z300, make one version fatter call it the Z300 Wide... Why not? Imitation over innovation seems to be the selling point in today's market....

Posted via CB10
    alternator77 likes this.
    07-04-15 01:12 PM
    I went from a Z10 to the Z30, and I agree. Been wanting an all-touch device to upgrade to. I'm not interested in a PKB phone at all, and eventually, I'll have to leave if nothing comes along.

The slider might be a decent compromise, but when is it coming? Having no alternative to a full-touch device has helped in the decline of sales.

Completely agree on a limited number of devices in this category. I'd pay a premium to make up for the cost to manufacture. $800 phone with the ultimate specs? Sure. Here. (And no, I'm not one of those who upgrades phones every year).

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    07-04-15 01:18 PM
    Get a Z30. That's what I did a few weeks ago.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    07-04-15 01:19 PM
    Said it before, gonna say it again: BlackBerry needs an all touch cutting edge phone made of TITANIUM with a 4.5 and a 6 inch version. If you build it, they will come.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576 O2 UK
    07-04-15 01:23 PM
    Sorry to interrupt... I personally do not think the LEAP is trash. But it's really an overpriced device with mediocre hardware specification device which is much expensive than any other makes in the market.
    Should the initial had not dropped to date, i wouldn't hesitate to get 2 LUMIA 640 for the price of one LEAP.
    Now it dropped, but not as much as i expected.
    Some folks disagree with me that i and some small numbers of Crackberrians are too focus on hardware specs rather than the niche-ness of the exclusive OS. Let's be frank and look around, are buyers putting their focuses on the OS as much as what the hardware and price can offer?
    lift likes this.
    07-04-15 01:33 PM
    Sorry to interrupt... I personally do not think the LEAP is trash. But it's really an overpriced device with mediocre hardware specification device which is much expensive than any other makes in the market.
    Should the initial had not dropped to date, i wouldn't hesitate to get 2 LUMIA 640 for the price of one LEAP.
    Now it dropped, but not as much as i expected.
    Some folks disagree with me that i and some small numbers of Crackberrians are too focus on hardware specs rather than the niche-ness of the exclusive OS. Let's be frank and look around, are buyers putting their focuses on the OS as much as what the hardware and price can offer?
    I agree, the Leap should be priced to compete with the other devices geared towards the economically thrifty... Give it WP pricing and it'll sell... But as of now, it's got about $100 too much in price tag excess to make it a sell in the US... $275 is a steal, don't get me wrong... But in the market they are competing the penny-savers or budget-minders out there have a hand full of selections that at least $100 cheaper hence more appealing...

Posted via CB10
    07-04-15 01:43 PM
    I agree, the Leap should be priced to compete with the other devices geared towards the economically thrifty... Give it WP pricing and it'll sell... But as of now, it's got about $100 too much in price tag excess to make it a sell in the US... $275 is a steal, don't get me wrong... But in the market they are competing the penny-savers or budget-minders out there have a hand full of selections that at least $100 cheaper hence more appealing...

Posted via CB10
    $100 cheaper could work if they were an android OEM device made in china... with very little R&D spent on their own OS.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    07-04-15 01:45 PM
    Oh yeah, for years. They push out garbage phones like z3, leap, to prove BlackBerry won't work in full touch market, then push out phones like classic as an "upgrade" to Q10 to prove BlackBerry 10 won't sell neither in traditional keyboard market, then push out odd scary shaped Passport with minimal marketing to prove new BlackBerry 10 ideas won't work neither.

Now since nothing seems to work with bb10, the road is paved to try none bb10 ideas.

It's not about ideas, it's about execution. If you don't have a team of talents to execute, it doesn't matter what you throw on to the market.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.680
    07-04-15 01:50 PM
    $100 cheaper could work if they were an android OEM device made in china... with very little R&D spent on their own OS.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    The Leap (along with numerous FoxconnBerrys) WAS made in China, so... Besides, $100 cheaper may equal the people whom they are gearing this device towards actually buy them... Start there... Then jack up the pricing once a niche is formed... People won't know what they're missing if they don't even pick one up... So in essence which is really taking more of a hit? Keeping the pricing as it stands and not moving product or slicing the pricing by a $100 or so then maybe a few ppl go with a BlackBerry instead of a Gates' production?

Posted via CB10
    07-04-15 01:51 PM
    The Leap (along with numerous FoxconnBerrys) WAS made in China, so... Besides, $100 cheaper may equal the people whom they are gearing this device towards actually buy them... Start there... Then jack up the pricing once a niche is formed... People won't know what they're missing if they don't even pick one up... So in essence which is really taking more of a hit? Keeping the pricing as it stands and not moving product or slicing the pricing by a $100 or so then maybe a few ppl go with a BlackBerry instead of a Gates' production?

Posted via CB10
    Quote from Blaze " No exceptions, just wrong assumptions. Foxconn never made the Leaps... Wistron did."

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    07-04-15 01:58 PM

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    Not all chinese companies are alike as you described. However it's true that out of 20 chinese makers, only 1 or 2 may stand out of the crowd. The rest produces craps and craps, over and over again... because cheap makes sells.

Look at XiaoMI. In the beginning it wasn't a device producing company. XiaoMI got their popularity rose to a certain state where numbers of Android users know them... for their re-designed OS. Then, when they announced that they were releasing smart phones which bear their brand, it got some attentions from the brand followers.The devices released had designs and names that may look familiar to other phone makers produce... but that's not the major draw. The biggest draw is the positive user experience with their re-designed OS and UIs... of course, the price listing of the devices do have some contribution in pushing for the popularity...
    Dave Bourque likes this.
    07-04-15 02:01 PM
    Not all chinese companies are alike as you described. However it's true that out of 20 chinese makers, only 1 or 2 may stand out of the crowd. The rest produces craps and craps, over and over again... because cheap makes sells.

Look at XiaoMI. In the beginning it wasn't a device producing company. XiaoMI got their popularity rose to a certain state where numbers of Android users know them... for their re-designed OS. Then, when they announced that they were releasing smart phones which bear their brand, it got some attentions from the brand followers.The devices released had designs and names that may look familiar to other phone makers produce... but that's not the major draw. The biggest draw is the positive user experience with their re-designed OS and UIs... of course, the price listing of the devices do have some contribution in pushing for the popularity...
    Ok but Xiaomi and oneplus in North America are mostly nonexistent. It's Samsung, iPhone, Windows phone and BlackBerry. ( being 3rd in Canada and Windows being 3rd in US)

Apple and BlackBerry are similar to each other in the way they produce their devices. Proprietary OS and their own unique designs. Ends up to be costly and neither can really sell their phones at Chinese rates. Apple doesn't really care though since they take up the majority of mobile profits even with the "small"(vs android) worldwide market share.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    07-04-15 02:11 PM
    I hope they make another version of the z10. That's the perfect phone size for an all touch screen. I'm currently using a q10 which I love. But miss the bigger screen. I think I'm going to buy another z10 now the software has been updated. I hear the battery life is a lot better now.

Posted via CB10
    silversmith75 likes this.
    07-04-15 02:13 PM
    Quote from Blaze " No exceptions, just wrong assumptions. Foxconn never made the Leaps... Wistron did."

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    Bet the boxes will clearly state 'Handset Made in China'... Assumptions aren't typically printed on a product's packaging...

Just saying... If they're doing a BrokeBerry, they should do it right... Window's Phone panders to poverty it's probably the biggest marketing niche it has... If a person's on a budget or strapped for cash 9/10 they have a WP. It's also the 'go to' device when consumers are between upgrades, being one of the ONLY devices on the market that one with limited income can buy in full this makes it a device that many use temporarily as a place holder until their upgrade matures full cycle or until they can afford to properly upgrade to their device of choice. BlackBerry could break up this niche easily and who knows, perhaps a fan base would arise from it. At this point they really have little to lose. Especially with all those Leaps collecting dust on the shelves...

Posted via CB10
    07-04-15 02:17 PM
    Bet the boxes will clearly state 'Handset Made in China'... Assumptions aren't typically printed on a product's packaging...

Just saying... If they're doing a BrokeBerry, they should do it right... Window's Phone panders to poverty it's probably the biggest marketing niche it has... If a person's on a budget or strapped for cash 9/10 they have a WP. It's also the 'go to' device when consumers are between upgrades, being one of the ONLY devices on the market that one with limited income can buy in full this makes it a device that many use temporarily as a place holder until their upgrade matures full cycle or until they can afford to properly upgrade to their device of choice. BlackBerry could break up this niche easily and who knows, perhaps a fan base would arise from it. At this point they really have little to lose. Especially with all those Leaps collecting dust on the shelves...

Posted via CB10
    Doubt that Leaps are collecting any dust. Limited supply and mostly reserved for the enterprise customers that demanded such a device....

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    07-04-15 02:21 PM
    Said it before, gonna say it again: BlackBerry needs an all touch cutting edge phone made of TITANIUM with a 4.5 and a 6 inch version. If you build it, they will come.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576 O2 UK
    Without an app ecosystem BlackBerry could release a phone using Star Trek technology and it still wouldn't sell.

Loving my Passport!
    gebco likes this.
    07-04-15 02:22 PM
    I hope they make another version of the z10. That's the perfect phone size for an all touch screen. I'm currently using a q10 which I love. But miss the bigger screen. I think I'm going to buy another z10 now the software has been updated. I hear the battery life is a lot better now.

Posted via CB10
    The screen can be bigger for one hand operation... but not too big like 4.7inch... and above...
    I had tried 4.5incher with 16:9 ratio... it's quite comfortable in typing and navigation.
    07-04-15 02:22 PM
    Without an app ecosystem BlackBerry could release a phone using Star Trek technology and it still wouldn't sell.

Loving my Passport!
    That's not the entire problem. The many people that praise a BlackBerry Android device forget that it still doesn't solve the core issue which is marketing. How many people know about BlackBerry 10s android 4.3 runtime? Not many. So why should we expect any different if they can't market their android device and not only lose loyal BlackBerry customers... but their security advantage too.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    07-04-15 02:28 PM
91 123 ...