I just got the curve and I can't get it to blue-tooth songs from one cell to the other. Can someone help me as to what I'm doing wrong. It want pair with any device. My son has the LG and I'm trying to get song from him for use of ring tones. How do I use the blue-tooth? help please!

we both are with AT&T-Cingular. I had the blackberry pearl and had the same problem with it. It would not let me send are receive songs from any other cell. Do I have to go get them off the net, have them sent to my cell? I was told the curve, did have blue-tooth.
    Last edited by gail; 08-03-07 at 12:16 AM.
    08-03-07 12:14 AM
    For some reason or another, blackberries don't seem to like to transfer music files from one to another. I thougth they would have changed that for the curve, but I guess not. To know for sure, check your bluetooth settings by going to Options>Bluetooth and then click the trackwheel and go to Options again. Scroll to the bottom and you should see "Services" with a list underneath it. It will say "headset" and "handsfree" and stuff like that. If you see something like "file transfer" or something to that sort then you should be able to transfer songs but if you don't then you probably won't be able to. I know I can't do it on my 8700 which bugs the crap out of me. A way I would suggest putting ringtones on your phone would be to upload them to Coolservice.dk. It will give you a 6 digit number, then you go to wap.coolservice.dk on your curve and type in the number so you can download it OTA directly to your phone. Its a very nice service that I use frequently. Hope this helps!
    08-03-07 06:35 AM
    thanks for the help I did as you said and yes, it is there "headset" and handsfree also. But I still want let me paired with another cell. But again thanks for your help.
    08-03-07 12:04 PM
    My household has 2 Curves and a Nokia 6126, and we've transferred many many megabytes of mp3s to each other. Here's a generic, not-necessarily-device-specific guide, off the top of my head:

--In the Bluetooth options for each device, set it to "Discoverable," or "Shown to all." Most phones default to "Hidden."
    --Have one device search for other devices to pair with.
    --Enter the pairing codes (usually 0000 or 1234) into each device.
    The Curve will ask you if you want to remember the paired device for future connections. Choose yes or no.
    --On the receiving BlackBerry, go into the Media section, hit the Menu key, and choose "Receive via Bluetooth." (this step may differ on other phones)
    --On the sending BB, choose the file, hit the Menu key, and select "Send via Bluetooth." (this step may differ on other phones) It should ask which device (if you've paired more than one).

--Put your phones down, walk away, find something to do. Bluetooth is SLOW.
    08-03-07 01:15 PM
    thanks for the help I will give it a try . I knew it had to transferred mp3s some how. I seen others do it. And the phone said blue-tooth compatible.
    08-03-07 11:14 PM
    I tried that it said connection cancel.... ? help
    Last edited by gail; 08-03-07 at 11:45 PM.
    08-03-07 11:38 PM
    rrrebo
    Thank God I saw your reply to the message from ˝gail˝ because I had a same problem with my curve. And the thing is that in the store where I purchased it nobody knew how to get bluetooth started.
    Finally I'm able to exchange media files on my BB..

By the way, can you help me in my question?
    I'm wondering is it possible to put a ˝word˝ file on my BB and how will I be able to open it?

Thanks..
    08-04-07 08:26 PM
    rrrebo
    Thank God I saw your reply to the message from ˝gail˝ because I had a same problem with my curve. And the thing is that in the store where I purchased it nobody knew how to get bluetooth started.
    Finally I'm able to exchange media files on my BB..

By the way, can you help me in my question?
    I'm wondering is it possible to put a ˝word˝ file on my BB and how will I be able to open it?

Thanks..

Sorry I can't help you with adding a file. Maybe someone else will jump in and help you on that issue.I surely don't know how to do that. I can't even get my BB to work. I still haven't gotten an answers as how to transfer media files? Can you explain to me how to go about transfer one media from one cell to the BB we're both with cingular and he has lots of mp's on his phone that I want and I can't figure out how to get them over on mind. have messed with it all night and part of the day.
    Whew!! this will drive you nuts..
    08-05-07 12:55 AM
    Jakuza- BBs read .txt files natively, but we are waiting for Dataviz to release Documents To Go for BB. That will allow you to read MS Office files on your BB.

Gail- What step did you get the error on? Walk me through it step by step.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-07 02:09 AM
    I'm sending mp3 from my husband's cell to my blackberry curve.
    trying to anyway. I go to my stuff on the LG, cell of his and going to
    audio & ringtones then ok, then scroll down to the mp3 options send via bluetooth. then ok, I then look on the list which has my cell and 2 others that he bluetooth's to. I then highlight my cell the curve, then send.

then it will say connecting canceled. I will let me send my address book to him but not any mp3's it finds his phone then say connecting. then on his cell hit will say connections requested from blackberry 8300, then I do Ok and it will say failed to receive

I have done the pairing device and they found each other fine. I have his LG in my Curve, and my cell paired to his LG 500.

hope this helps you can make sense out of all this mess. I trying to say lol.
    thanks for your helping me.
    08-05-07 02:11 PM
    Gail, you are doing it right, but you are skipping the crucial step. Before you do "Send via Bluetooth" on his LG, do the following:

--On the receiving BlackBerry, go into the Media section, hit the Menu key, and choose "Receive via Bluetooth."

As SOON as you do that, immediately send the file from the LG. If you don't tell the BB to receive via Bluetooth first, it will reject any Bluetooth file transfer attempts from other devices. This is about as far as security goes with Bluetooth. You will have to do it for each file transfer.

Hope this helps!
    08-05-07 06:02 PM
    I did that now it saying filename contains invalid characters.
    08-06-07 12:16 PM
    What's the filename?
    08-08-07 05:30 PM
    it's just the title of the song like (simple man.mp3)
    08-09-07 12:12 PM
    I don't think you can have spaces in the filename. Rename it using an underscore instead.
    08-09-07 12:28 PM
    1. Open "Media" Application on your Blackberry 8300 Curve.

2. Select "Ring Tones".

3. Select either "All Ring Tones", "My Ring Tones" or "Preloaded Ring Tones" (I transfer all my personal Ringtones to "My Ring Tones").

4. Press the Blackberry button directly to the right of the green phone button (the button that looks like a dialpad).

5. Select "Receive Using Bluetooth" (You will see a "File Transfer - Waiting for connection" message).

6. Go to your MAC and open Bluetooth File Exchange.

7. Select "Send File".

8. Select the device you want to transfer your file to (in this case, a Blackberry 8300 Curve).

9. Click "Send".

10. Go to your Blackberry 8300 and Curve and notice a window asking you to "Please choose the location where you wish to save file".

11. Select "Save" located at the bottom left of the window.

12. SUCCESS!!!!!!
    08-16-07 03:41 AM
    You just go to the song from his phone(like you would to listen to it), then click menu then press send using bluetooth and then on your phone allow it, and that should be it. Hope that helps

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-07 05:34 PM
    I'm having the same problem that gail is having. Regardless of what I type into the name, it gives me the "File contains an invalid character". I tried "a.mp3", same thing . I've also tried not putting anything in that field... but then it tells me to I have to name it.

I've been searching all over the web to find out how to resolve this, but I can't find it anywhere. PLEASE HELP

Quan
    09-20-07 10:25 AM
    Try reloading your OS, possibly upgrading to the latest Vodafone version. Something's amiss here...
    09-20-07 10:52 AM
    I just bought this phone 3 days ago and I'm not too familiar with Blackberry... How do you reload the OS or install the Vodaphone OS?
    09-20-07 11:08 AM
    Search the forums here. There are several stickies and posts on this and many other subjects. We were all n00bs once, and probably already asked whatever questions you may have.
    09-20-07 02:22 PM
    I just got the curve and I can't get it to blue-tooth songs from one cell to the other. Can someone help me as to what I'm doing wrong. It want pair with any device. My son has the LG and I'm trying to get song from him for use of ring tones. How do I use the blue-tooth? help please!

we both are with AT&T-Cingular. I had the blackberry pearl and had the same problem with it. It would not let me send are receive songs from any other cell. Do I have to go get them off the net, have them sent to my cell? I was told the curve, did have blue-tooth.
    Gail,

I had the same problem with trying to transfer a MP3 via bluetooth from my curve to my friend's pearl. The only thing that worked was a transfer of a .wav file. I'm thinking that my friend's pearl does not have enough free memory to accept an entire MP3 file. Does your BB have ample memory?
    09-21-07 02:58 AM
    I have the same problem as Gail: "File contains an invalid character." I have a 2G media card, and the other phone is able to send and receive files. I am able to send songs from the Curve to the other phone as well.
    11-07-07 09:21 PM
    I've had no problem sending or recieving files on my 8300 or 8310.

I think most people forget the crucial step of selecting "Recieve Using Bluetooth". I know alot of people with Blackberries who've just given up instead of reading the manual or asking someone who knows - but trust us, it can be done and it's pretty simple.

As for the people with the Invalid File Name error... I've never experienced it, so I can't say. Hope it gets resolved. :/
    11-09-07 02:14 AM
    I've had no problem sending or recieving files on my 8300 or 8310.

I think most people forget the crucial step of selecting "Recieve Using Bluetooth". I know alot of people with Blackberries who've just given up instead of reading the manual or asking someone who knows - but trust us, it can be done and it's pretty simple.

As for the people with the Invalid File Name error... I've never experienced it, so I can't say. Hope it gets resolved. :/
    Hi I have the exactly same problem said above. When I try to receive an MP3 I get error as "File containts invalid chars".

did you get this error resolved. Pls help.
    11-10-07 05:14 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD