I have been looking at Google news daily in the Tech section for news on BB at CTIA. All i ever see is things about the HTC Evo and Android devices. I did a search for blackberry CTIA and all i found was a email client about private messages and a new twitter client.

First off im not a BB basher at all, i love my BB and will always have one, even if i was to get another device. But is RIM holding back, or am i missing something? I feel like a lot of ground breaking things are happening but dont hear much coming from BB.

I realize i may be way off here, but just wanted to see if i was missing something.
    03-24-10 07:23 PM
    They just have nothing innovative. That's the bottom line. I don't care what
    anyone says to counter that.

That HTC Evo is freaking sick!! That looks like a badass phone.
    03-25-10 12:27 PM
    Again, it's all a matter of opinion. The iPhone hasn't had any major innovation either. It still has the same 3mp camera, screen and form factor and people still buy them like hot tamales. Sales are driven in so many different areas and HTC focus is on high specs, RIM relies on data services and qwertys and Apple's bread and butter is the app store.
    03-25-10 03:21 PM
    Again, it's all a matter of opinion. The iPhone hasn't had any major innovation either. It still has the same 3mp camera, screen and form factor and people still buy them like hot tamales. Sales are driven in so many different areas and HTC focus is on high specs, RIM relies on data services and qwertys and Apple's bread and butter is the app store.
    The iPhone is three years old. If it wasn't for the iPhone then nobody would
    be trying to light a fire under RIM's a$$
    03-25-10 03:36 PM
    Don't expect much from CTIA...hopefully we'll see some real news in April at WES.

WES 2010: The Wireless Enterprise Symposium for BlackBerry Users (can't post link, because I finally got a Crackberry forum acct).

At WES, I hope that they'll announce the new Bold/Storm slider with fully qwerty, the new 3G Pearl, and maybe some surprises.

Most importantly, they better show 6.0, a new rock'n webkit browser (has to be as good as Apple and Google's) and it all better be good.

My contract is up, and I'm holding out to stay with RIM as long as I know that the software/experience is going to improve.

I love my blackberry for work, but it's terrible for play/multi-media.

Microsoft was the #1 Smartphone player before the market took off, and then blew it by riding their Mobile 5+ OS forever.

Given iPhone and Android, and soon to come Windows Mobile 7, RIM is going suffer some big losses if they don't have some really good stuff in the pipeline and enough to keep me. Otherwise, I'll be leaving.

Also, if RIM touts one more time how much of a bandwidth saver they are, I'm definitely going to throw in the towel. They only save bandwidth, because most of their customer base only uses their blackberrys for messaging, but many want the added experience of what iPhone/Android are now offering.

Let's keep our collective fingers crossed, or 2010 will be a watershed and downward trend year for RIM.
    03-25-10 04:18 PM
    I was gonna start a thread asking the same thing. I was reading engadget and saw the line, CTIA drawing to a close, and though to myself, where was BB during this event???????

Hey does anyone have a list of all the Tech news related events and when they occur? Seems like there are lots of them throughout the year. Like CES, CTIA, WES, MWC........
    03-26-10 12:02 AM
    don't expect much from ctia...hopefully we'll see some real news in april at wes.

Wes 2010: The wireless enterprise symposium for blackberry users (can't post link, because i finally got a crackberry forum acct).

At wes, i hope that they'll announce the new bold/storm slider with fully qwerty, the new 3g pearl, and maybe some surprises.

Most importantly, they better show 6.0, a new rock'n webkit browser (has to be as good as apple and google's) and it all better be good.

My contract is up, and i'm holding out to stay with rim as long as i know that the software/experience is going to improve.

I love my blackberry for work, but it's terrible for play/multi-media.

Microsoft was the #1 smartphone player before the market took off, and then blew it by riding their mobile 5+ os forever.

Given iphone and android, and soon to come windows mobile 7, rim is going suffer some big losses if they don't have some really good stuff in the pipeline and enough to keep me. Otherwise, i'll be leaving.

Also, if rim touts one more time how much of a bandwidth saver they are, i'm definitely going to throw in the towel. They only save bandwidth, because most of their customer base only uses their blackberrys for messaging, but many want the added experience of what iphone/android are now offering.

Let's keep our collective fingers crossed, or 2010 will be a watershed and downward trend year for rim.
    totally agree!!!!!!:d
    03-26-10 12:04 AM
    Think Kevin's pissed he spent all that money to go and nothing BB happened?
    03-26-10 12:13 AM
    Yeah its kinda weird, seemed like not a peep out of BB there. Like i said, i love my BB and will not be getting rid of it, but like the latest news headline said, "The A in CTIA stood for Android".

At CTIA 2010, The 'A' Stood For Android - Reviews by PC Magazine

CTIA: HTC EVO 4G And All The Toys -- InformationWeek
    03-26-10 09:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD