I'm hoping someone can help me out with this...

I was updating my Desktop Manager and my Pearl accidentally got disconnected from the USB cable during the sync. Now, I can't even get my phone to turn on (the red light blinks when I press any buttons) and my computer doesn't even recognize the device.

I've tried a battery pull to no avail. The person at Sprint told me that I could try having the phone fixed for $120!

Can anyone tell me what may have happened and is there an easier or cheaper way to fix this? Thank you!
    08-11-09 05:54 AM
    Search for JLCommander and load it on your PC and connect to your berry with it. It should connect if it is booting far enough,and you should be able to re-load an OS to your phone, if not... there is definitely someone on these forums that will help you. good luck!

JB
    08-11-09 06:13 AM
    Opps... that does happen.

The good news is, your Pearl is fine, Sun Java is still alive inside and flashing the LED for attention.

It can be a bit tricky making the initial connection, but once you are recognized, it will restore.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ckberry-32322/
    08-11-09 09:23 AM
    thanks jerry and reed. i'll try that so i don't have to shell out dough to fix this!
    08-11-09 02:15 PM
    it worked!

you guys are the best! crackberry is the best! thanks much!!
    08-11-09 03:21 PM
    I come to Crackberry before I'd ever troubleshoot with a rep. heck, they probably come here for answers, or should anyway.
    08-11-09 07:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD