You don't get the case am making here. Am a hiphop fan. I don't listen to Alicia Keys and even when I do, it's just once in a "dark" blue moon. I'm talking about marketing. Try and understand a piece before you comment.

Posted via CB10
    Right and I guarantee you that getting an $11 Alicia Keys album free with the phone would move 0 units and cost BlackBerry $11 X 2.7 million units. They would be better off dumping that money into commercials that don't suck like the ones they have now.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 01:19 PM
    Exactly. I guess some of them don't know where jayz has shot himself to in consumer minds. If jayz was a blackberry user, that would have carry huge weight.

Posted via CB10
    Jay-Z very well could be a BlackBerry user. But the deal he made was with Samsung.
    Moonbase0ne likes this.
    07-03-13 01:22 PM
    Omg. You can get an album 2 Dyas before it comes out!!! Wow I'm going to go a Samsung!!!! Are people that stupid to buy a phone so they get an album a couple of days before release. Just Google a leak for it. All of the songs on it are on youtube anyway.

Posted via my white Z10. LG banter- blackberry bold 9900- Z10
    You're missing the point. The point is 1) MARKETING!!! and 2) It creates the notion that, if I own a Galaxy device, I can get in on exclusive deals.
    Moonbase0ne likes this.
    07-03-13 01:26 PM
    Interesting. Despite jay z's profile I bet they will lose money on that. Good marketing though

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 01:32 PM
    Interesting. Despite jay z's profile I bet they will lose money on that. Good marketing though

Posted via CB10
    If as posted before it costs Samsung $5 a download they are making 1 million copies available - that's $5 million dollar spend.
    Think they got their money's worth considering all of the talk about it all over the world.

Perhaps better seen it adds .25 to the cost of a Galaxy S4 considering sales to date.
    21stNow likes this.
    07-03-13 01:38 PM
    Well, what you don't know is, they have now changed the rules and he is going platinum.

Posted via CB10
    I'm not saying he's not going platinum. You completely missed the point.
    07-03-13 01:54 PM
    not sure if this was already posted here or in another thread, but has anyone watched the newest season of arrested development? flooded with blackberry handsets and even a few playbooks. Subtle marketing.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 08:40 AM
    So, what I'm hearing from some of you is that if BlackBerry fails it will be because not enough people are worthy of it? That's quite a marketing strategy, blame the customers for being too dumb.
    The elitism is in parts both hilarious and sad.
    07-04-13 08:42 AM
    not sure if this was already posted here or in another thread, but has anyone watched the newest season of arrested development? flooded with blackberry handsets and even a few playbooks. Subtle marketing.

Posted via CB10
    Clearly the series is quite unpopular.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 01:14 PM
    Lol

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 01:00 AM
    I really thought Alicia Keys and her music would be heavily cross promoted in the BlackBerry deal. Other than always seeing her stuff constantly listed first on BlackBerry World it certainly doesn't feel that way. Who is getting the better end of their deal?

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 01:30 AM
    I think she was a poor choice, should have went after deadmau5 and get the young crowd excited with BB10
    07-05-13 03:48 AM
    I still don't want an Android phone ... even if Jay-Z endorses the platform. As if an intelligent person would even listen to that.
    Damn I thought I was intelligent, but I listen to Jay-Z so obviously I'm not. Thanks for enlightening me.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 04:29 AM
    BlackBerry in Holland is giving free devices for vip's.

People that are like artists, stars, those people

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone using CB10
    07-05-13 04:34 AM
    People LOVE free stuff thats for sure. Even better if its something they actually want.
    07-05-13 07:24 AM

Posted via CB10
    I don't know if you watch Burn Notice, but they do the same thing with Windows Phone.
    07-05-13 07:47 AM
    The bottom line is that BlackBerry needs to get some effective marketing going. Can't sell a product to the general public if they don't know it exists. We Mobile Nations users are a different story.
    07-05-13 12:19 PM
67 123