Never mind encryption. If I were to log into my bank account via a mobile app using any of the phones, how easily could a hacker intercept my login information?

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Passport
    05-13-15 11:55 AM
    Never mind encryption. If I were to log into my bank account via a mobile app using any of the phones, how easily could a hacker intercept my login information?

This has nothing to do with any OS. It depends of the app implementation. If the app is implemented correctly, the information is just as secure on iOS, Android, WP8 and BB10.
    jmr1015 and ALToronto like this.
    05-13-15 12:56 PM
    This topic has been discussed a million times.

Yes BlackBerry 10 even without BES is more secure.

Notice that when you restart or turn on your BlackBerry device the OS boot goes to a security process and etc.

That's the first of many security features which makes a BlackBerry more secure than android or ios.

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-sec...gins-endpoints

End of discussion.

Posted via CB10
    skstrials likes this.
    05-13-15 01:31 PM

Well, Apple has been found to have flaws in their SSL and certificate validations. I don't think there are any known issues at the moment, but they have had some serious ones over the years. This is more of a implication of their coding and testing methods. The one off the top of my head is "goto fail" where a bug was introduced. To me, I do not believe their excuse of a patching mistake caused it, since code above/below it never changed, I can't see how that happened without malice intent or serious incompetence. Either are unforgivable, IMO.

https://gotofail.com/faq.html

Ha, I just noticed that the author doesn't buy this as accidental for the same reason as I, that code above/below didn't change. Though, he doesn't think it was NSA, I do lean that way.

Apple has said repeatedly that they have never helped NSA. Well, I think they have not asked because they just went and infiltrated them from the inside. But that's just based on slides from Snowden leaks.
    ALToronto likes this.
    05-13-15 02:03 PM
104 ... 345