I consider this a small but significant step forward for the BlackBerry Brand. Not too long ago we will recall that BlackBerry products were relegated to the the dust pile at many electronic retailers like Best Buy. Now BlackBerry is a Featured brand......again! Everything is coming together nicely for the January launch.
    Attached Thumbnails Blackberry considered a Feature Brand at best Buy-bb-featured-brand.jpg  
    01-22-13 04:03 PM
    Since Blackberry 10 is not out yet I do not consider this significant or having any meaning
    01-22-13 04:03 PM
    Good for you! I take it you weren't invited to the launch party?

I present it in the following context. BB was far from a "featured brand" anywhere 6 months ago.
    01-22-13 04:10 PM

I present it in the following context. BB was far from a "featured brand" anywhere 6 months ago.
    I didn't say anything about myself. I gave my opinion which it looks like you are looking for with this post. Its under general discussion. Please advise what "good for you!" was referring to.

Blackberry/RIM still has essentially the same product line up as six months ago. I think they maybe have some new curves. The sentiment has changed recently but the product sales or major new offerings haven't. I think maybe you are looking into it too much, maybe they are trying to dump bb7 stock so they added it. Who knows what the reason is. But I do know nothing with the products have been added or changed to make them featured as those other brands (Canon with cameras, Monster headphones, samsung phones)
    01-22-13 04:16 PM
    I consider this a small but significant step forward for the BlackBerry Brand. Not too long ago we will recall that BlackBerry products were relegated to the the dust pile at many electronic retailers like Best Buy. Now BlackBerry is a Featured brand......again! Everything is coming together nicely for the January launch.
    Sure they are... a huge new product launch is coming and BestBuy wants to milk it. Where were the BBuy employees pushing PBs ? BBuy employees probably dont even know what BB 10 is.
    01-22-13 04:30 PM
    Sure they are... a huge new product launch is coming and BestBuy wants to milk it. Where were the BBuy employees pushing PBs ? BBuy employees probably dont even know what BB 10 is.
    At the one by me, they were pretty knowledgeable about both the PlayBook and the BlackBerry 10 launch
    01-22-13 04:32 PM
    Remember in June and November of 2012 when BestBuy took the Playbook listing off their website, and everyone started clamouring this was the end of BlackBerry?
    Has Best Buy Abandoned the PlayBook? (UPDATED x2)

BlackBerry being featured on BestBuy now, while not the exact opposite should be an encouraging sign. That being said, it is useless until there is something to sell, I hope they are training reps and going to support BB10 enthusiastically.
    01-22-13 04:34 PM

If you're on the Best Buy Canada website, I can assure you that BlackBerry has been in the "featured brands" sections many times and for months at a time. I've seen this many times on their website as I visit frequently. They've also been featured on the Future Shop website in the past as well. This has nothing to do with BlackBerry 10.

If, on the other hand, you're talking about the Best Buy US website, then my above comment does not apply.
    01-22-13 04:38 PM
    At the one by me, they were pretty knowledgeable about both the PlayBook and the BlackBerry 10 launch
    Im sure out of the entire chain there will be a couple people that are knowledgeable, im just saying in general.
    01-22-13 04:53 PM