Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By kraski
  • 2 Post By wxmancanada
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default BlackBerry Connexion

Who are they? Why do they keep sending me BBM requests? How did they get my PIN? I must have clicked on something or downloaded something for them to get my PIN.
    Thanks
  2. gkl
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    623 Global Posts

I got that too. I have no idea how they got my PIN.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    5,490 Global Posts
    CrackBerry Abuser

Started a few weeks ago ...Got one this request every few days.. Are these legit requests from RIM or from some scam company? Anyone here have any answers to this will be helpful
    CrackBerry Abuser

I just received a request as well

Global Posts
    12,612 Global Posts

You guys really need to learn how to use the "SEARCH". It's not always about starting your own thread when answers can be found in other threads concerning the same subjects
    Last edited by spencerdl; 08-31-2012 at 12:51 PM.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,259 Global Posts
    PIN
    PINned to The Shepherd!

Quote Originally Posted by spencerdl View Post
    You guys really need to learn how to use the "SEARCH". It's not always about starting your own thread when answers can be found in other threads.
    I don't know. It's more fun this way. I mean look at the other thread. An answer was posted multiple times in that thread. And yet, people kept guessing at what it might be. I'll let others think and comment about that one. I'm leaning too much toward heavy sarcasm, which wouldn't win me any friends.
    More thoughts at Bill's Spiritual Musings. http://www.bills-musings.com
    spencerdl likes this.

Global Posts
    5,490 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by spencerdl View Post
    You guys really need to learn how to use the "SEARCH". It's not always about starting your own thread when answers can be found in other threads.
    See this sign by the OP (in different colors)? If it bothers you so much, you can always click on it, post a link to the other thread, and request this one be closed.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    Just PM

Just annoying spam
    ❤ button

✪✪✪ Playbook + BB10 DEV , APPS ON REQUEST PLEASE PM ME. ✔✔✔[PB]Crackberry Forum App (NON-ANDROID) ✪✪✪
    ☢ bbUI.js ☢ expert -- Need HELP ? Just PM me ! ☣ Blackberry Playbook 64GB ☣

Global Posts
    12,612 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by raino View Post
    See this Click to view quoted image
    sign by the OP (in different colors)? If it bothers you so much, you can always click on it, post a link to the other thread, and request this one be closed.
    NO kidding raino, I've been here long enough to know what goes on. Your remark (post) was unnecessary where I'm concerned. It's okay to inform someone to use "SEARCH"
    Last edited by spencerdl; 08-31-2012 at 01:49 PM.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,308 Global Posts
    PIN
    Zebra Ballpoint

I just got one of those requests myself. I have searched and searched throughout Google and other BB sites and can't find anything definitive. Some guy (not an admin by the way) at N4BB thinks it's a reincarnation of the Bold A Day program.

Further, I contacted BlackBerry support on the phone. The woman I spoke to pointed out that connexion (spelled like that) is the Spanish spelling of the word. At any rate, she has not heard of it. She looked up the PIN I gave her and said it was a Bold 9900 on Rogers, that's all she could reveal.

I'm super curious about this whole thing because I wouldn't want to miss anything great, on the other hand there's not one definitive thing about this anywhere.

Would there be any dangers in accepting an unknown request? Wish one of our CB staff had some insight.

Written from BitPusher's BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    Edit/Delete Message
    Thanked by:
    raino (08-31-2012) 

Global Posts
    5,490 Global Posts

A few days back, I PMed Kevin about it to see if he could find out anything about it, perhaps from his RIM PR contacts. No reply yet.
    Last edited by raino; 08-31-2012 at 03:34 PM.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,308 Global Posts
    PIN
    Zebra Ballpoint

Wish I would've thought of that. I suppose on the other hand ol' Kevin probably has hundreds of PM's per day. At any rate, the fact someone at RIM hasn't heard of it makes me think it's probably bad news.
    I could only note that Bold-A-Day was official, as in announced on RIM's site, whereas this isn't anywhere.

BlackBerry Connexion is run by a PR company, Maritz, on behalf of RIM. They're replacing the "Bold A Day" and other various BBM contests with this one account. They're legit.
    Thanked by:
    spencerdl (08-31-2012) 
    spencerdl and mithrazor like this.