Now, now. 26 year old young people shouldn't be getting so worked up. Go outside. Have some fun. Don't get angry over a failing cell phone manufacturer. It isn't worth it. Is it?

There is no bet, except in your mind.
    Haha judging by the cynical nature of all your posts in this thread and the others, I suggest you take your own advice, Old Timer.

The evidence speaks for yourself. Don't post if you're not going to back it up. Your opinions are most certainly valid, but they're meaningless if you won't stand by them. Shameful keyboard warrior, you are.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-13 05:59 PM
    Haha judging by the cynical nature of all your posts in this thread and the others, I suggest you take your own advice, Old Timer.

The evidence speaks for yourself. Don't post if you're not going to back it up. Your opinions are most certainly valid, but they're meaningless if you won't stand by them. Shameful keyboard warrior, you are.

Posted via CB10
    Ok, that is enough. There is no need for insults and no further ones will be tolerated. People are absolutely able to express their opinions, both for AND against BlackBerry. NJ has been around a long time and has always been a voice of reason and a counterbalance, both when BlackBerry was up, and now when it is down.

The facts are that BlackBerry is losing market share
    BlackBerry has been cutting costs and has officially announced they are open to a sale
    They posted a loss last quarter, and forecast another this quarter

None of these are good indicators. The BB10 launch was relatively flat, and they are selling fewer and fewer devices per quarter. (if you look at the trend). I enjoy my BB10 devices, I even work with BlackBerry every day. I like their products, but there are no possibilities where it is IMPOSSIBLE for them to fail. There are also few ways to look at the above positively. Support the company, Support the brand, absolutely. But don't let this blind you to what is a very real possibility.
    bekkay, JeepBB, jegs2 and 1 others like this.
    08-28-13 09:56 AM
    The Nexus 4 has dropped in price to $200 unlocked. Yeah, definitely Blackberry needs to drop their prices. They don't sell when their products are more expensive, they don't sell when they are the same price, then they definitely have to lower the prices. If I wasn't against Google for obvious reasons, PRISM, among other things, I would totally buy this phone. $200, unlocked? Wow.
    bekkay likes this.
    08-28-13 02:28 PM
    The Nexus 4 has dropped in price to $200 unlocked. Yeah, definitely Blackberry needs to drop their prices. They don't sell when their products are more expensive, they don't sell when they are the same price, then they definitely have to lower the prices. If I wasn't against Google for obvious reasons, PRISM, among other things, I would totally buy this phone. $200, unlocked? Wow.
    If BBRY sells the Z10 for ~$300, I'll buy one as a second phone. And even then, I will be overpaying.
    08-28-13 03:04 PM
    If BBRY sells the Z10 for ~$300, I'll buy one as a second phone. And even then, I will be overpaying.
    A Z10 used right now is like $350+, while a Nexus 4 new is $200 and the Q10 is like $400+ used lol. Come on now.
    08-28-13 03:08 PM
    A Z10 used right now is like $350+, while a Nexus 4 new is $200 and the Q10 is like $400+ used lol. Come on now.
    I don't know where you are located, but there are quite a few sold listings for new Z10s on eBay.com at $290-300 with shipping (and much lower prices on Craigslist). $220-250 for used ones.

Anyway, I myself wouldn't pay much for a phone that may soon lose any support from the manufacturer and developers considering developer support is already lackluster at best.
    08-28-13 07:04 PM
    I don't know where you are located, but there are quite a few sold listings for new Z10s on eBay.com at $290-300 with shipping (and much lower prices on Craigslist). $220-250 for used ones.

Anyway, I myself wouldn't pay much for a phone that may soon lose any support from the manufacturer and developers considering developer support is already lackluster at best.
    The States. I've checked eBay, Craiglist, Amazon and this site. Still $220+ for a used Z10 compared to $200 new for a Nexus 4.

Blackberry needs to drop their prices, period.

They remind me of how Sony was almost a decade ago. Cocky and because of that put higher prices on their products. even if it was lacking and sales were horrible. But at least they learned. Since then, they make amazing products and the prices are either lower or the same as the competitions. And whenever it's higher, they launch at that price but soon after drop it.
    bekkay likes this.
    08-28-13 07:18 PM
    Ok, that is enough. There is no need for insults and no further ones will be tolerated. People are absolutely able to express their opinions, both for AND against BlackBerry. NJ has been around a long time and has always been a voice of reason and a counterbalance, both when BlackBerry was up, and now when it is down.

The facts are that BlackBerry is losing market share
    BlackBerry has been cutting costs and has officially announced they are open to a sale
    They posted a loss last quarter, and forecast another this quarter

None of these are good indicators. The BB10 launch was relatively flat, and they are selling fewer and fewer devices per quarter. (if you look at the trend). I enjoy my BB10 devices, I even work with BlackBerry every day. I like their products, but there are no possibilities where it is IMPOSSIBLE for them to fail. There are also few ways to look at the above positively. Support the company, Support the brand, absolutely. But don't let this blind you to what is a very real possibility.
    Sith, just because NJ has been around longer doesn't mean he gets to insult me. If you'll notice he brought up age, which clearly had nothing to do with the discussion, especially after the geography warning.

I have always stated that all opinions are valid. I take issue with posters who make grandiose claims but then don't support them when someone calls them on it. It's obvious that BlackBerry isn't what it used to be prestige wise and it's in a crisis, but NJ was the one who said he'd see me in a month when BlackBerry went under 2 billion in reserves. I did not incite him to make that claim, that was on his own accord and to not support it when I called him out on it is all I wanted to demonstrate.

There's disagreeing with the direction and state of BlackBerry and then there's the absolute extreme.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-13 01:00 AM
    Who is John Galt?
    08-29-13 01:20 AM
    Edit: double post. My bad.
    08-29-13 03:12 PM
    Edit:sorry triple post. Cb10 acting up on me.
    08-29-13 03:13 PM
    ...argh...
    08-29-13 03:15 PM
    @mastermike
    Not going to happen.
    Thor already disclosed it's a spending quarter.
    08-29-13 03:19 PM
    @mastermike
    Not going to happen.
    Thor already disclosed it's a spending quarter.
    I know, I was trying to post in another thread so context was messed lol

My apologies everyone!

Posted via CB10
    08-29-13 03:24 PM
    I know, I was trying to post in another thread so context was messed lol

My apologies everyone!

Posted via CB10
    Okay, Mastermike of 26 years, here's my first posted hint on editing. Go into the last 4 posts and edit by hitting delete rather than clouding--the already murky--this thread. Your posts you said were errant will disappear....and other CB people don't have to read over the clutter. Thanks in advance.
    08-30-13 12:29 PM
    Okay, Mastermike of 26 years, here's my first posted hint on editing. Go into the last 4 posts and edit by hitting delete rather than clouding--the already murky--this thread. Your posts you said were errant will disappear....and other CB people don't have to read over the clutter. Thanks in advance.
    Thanks for the heads up, tips. If you actually took the time to read this thread, you'd know I'm posting using CB10. And in the CB 10 app, you can only edit a post, not delete it. So apologies for the extra 2 seconds it took to peruse through my extra, accidental posts. But if you didn't take the time to notice that I was posting via CB10, I'm sure it wasn't too "murky" for ya in the first place.

Again, age has no bearing for these discussions, so please refrain from using it. Thanks for your feedback though !

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by mastermike87; 08-31-13 at 12:50 AM.
    08-30-13 04:44 PM
    CB10 Error
    Last edited by M65c02; 09-12-13 at 02:09 AM.
    09-11-13 08:48 AM
    Okay, enough on the age...just some ribbing. However, I'm a bit confused on your comments on using CB under OS10. I agree that its a bit of a pain to use a smart phone for some CB functions but surely one can delete, perhaps only through an edit can posts be erased....but one can delete their postings!?

Then Again, I might be missing something in your explanation?!?

Posted via CB10
    Why don't you try to delete a post and see what comes of it. CB10 lets you edit a post, but not delete one. If you edit your post, you have to at least have one character stated for th post to save.

Surely you would know that given you also utilize CB10. Or perhaps you just jump to conclusions and go bananas about a few extras that I already apologized for even though the thread is ultimately dead!?!?

Posted via CB10
    09-11-13 08:59 AM
    Okay, relax, maybe a bit impulsive near the end of an otherwise serious thread that had broken down a bit late in the game. I've never had reason to erase (or want to erase) a post, only occasion to perform a few edits. I do know, however, that I lose (or used to lose) one in eight posts because of the close proximity of the post and delete buttons on CB's OS10 formatted screen, so I understand your comment about your Z acting up. Here, you can delete your entire post, leaving "Posted via CB10", change to "Posted in Error", or perhaps "CB10 Error", or Error. But no need to point out errors and apologize ... readers will understand from the blank space.

You're also right about the thread appearing to have come to an end (and I can't believe I'm talking about editing).

BB absolutely will be sold and restructured but, most likely, to a somewhat White Knight (?) that, hopefully, will do minimal short-term slicing and dicing of BB. Long term, of course, it is rare that an investor doesn't seek to make money?!? We should have more insight by no later than September 26, or the release of financials--whichever comes first.
    Last edited by M65c02; 09-12-13 at 02:28 AM.
    09-12-13 02:15 AM
    BB is SUPREMELY undervalued right now. Assuming $3bln cash, that means that with a sub-$6bln market cap that the rest of the company is being valued at under $3bln itself. That's for EVERYTHING. All their facilities (which they own, not lease), their network, their intellectual property (and even the most conservative estimates on BB's patents value them at around $5bln alone).
    ...still feel this way?
    10-20-13 03:15 PM
120 ... 345