Does anyone think a college student would benefit from a blackberry? I am most interested in it for the organizational and productivity aspects. I have heard that there are a lot of applications that you can buy that are very useful in college. Also, the email would be important as I would have to communicate frequently with groups, professors, and also my research colleagues. Because of the family plan I am on, I could get the phone and pay only $30/month for the plan. It would include unlimited texting, excess minutes, web, and email.

Is it a good idea? Or does anyone not suggest it? Share your experiences and/or opinions. Thanks.
    08-01-09 11:25 AM
    I think its an excellent idea.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-09 11:27 AM
    I make plenty of stupid decisions but getting a blackberry in college was one of the few good ones.

08-01-09 11:29 AM
    Being a college student and having a two-year contract just end this past july I was in the same boat. I ended up choosing my bold and couldn't be happier. It's already helped organize everything this summer, and I can't wait to see how much easier it'll make my life at school. There's nothing wrong with being overprepared

08-01-09 11:50 AM
    i say go for it...by berry has saved me on numerous occasions as a college student....what do you have to loose?
    08-01-09 11:52 AM
    Great idea,

I wish there were BBs when I went to college. Tasks and Calendar to keep track of assignments and important dates, Email to keep in touch w/instructors and other important people, BBM and SMS for your social life. Maps to learn your way around a new city, Voice notes to record lectures, plus a decent camera and video recorder. You don't really need anything else to be completely organized.
    08-01-09 11:57 AM
    I'm going to be a sophomore in college and I just got mine this summer. I would have loved one last year, but I didn't have the money. You won't regret it.

08-01-09 11:59 AM
    Yes omg BB in college is the best idea. Its part of the reason I made it to senior year lol (Go Yellow Jackets!)
    08-01-09 12:09 PM
    I think its an excellent idea.

I make plenty of stupid decisions but getting a blackberry in college was one of the few good ones.

+1 agree 110%. You will not regret doing so. Anywhere, anytime of the day having email access and internet capabilities as well as the various other functions you have at your fingertips is awesome. One of the best decisions I ever made...
    08-01-09 12:10 PM
    I'm a student athlete and it does wonders for me! Its great to use as a planner and remind you about due dates and practices. Its also great to get emails from your professors as they are sent! I definitely would recommend it.

08-01-09 12:14 PM
    Not only is having a BB good for keeping due dates and what no in check. It's amazing for studying. Before tests I am able to review the slides on my phone, which is a huuuuuuge help!
    08-01-09 12:22 PM
    That's a great decision to make
    08-01-09 01:06 PM
    I believe it would be very helpful to have a Blackberry in college. I got my first Blackberry right after I graduated last year and I now kick myself for not getting one sooner as it would have really helped me be more organized.
    08-01-09 01:11 PM
    I'm a student athlete and it does wonders for me! Its great to use as a planner and remind you about due dates and practices. Its also great to get emails from your professors as they are sent! I definitely would recommend it.

Yeah i little bit agree with you and yes it's a good idea. Go and buy it.
    08-01-09 01:18 PM
    Yep, great idea. Just going into my 3rd and final year and this will really help me keep on top of important dates as well as staying in touch with lecturers via email a lot easier.

Really is a great piece of kit. I'm going to try loading my powerpoint notes onto it too.
    08-01-09 01:47 PM
    Student Docket as well as Cram or two good applications that can help you as well.

It's an excellent idea... planning becomes a breeze with one. Not to mention being able to sync your school email to the berry; awesome. Some colleges use Google Groups (and other types) in which having a berry comes in handy.
    08-01-09 04:15 PM
    A BB for any reason is a good idea!

08-01-09 04:24 PM
    If cost isnt any issue, I think everybody who has fingers and a brain should have a blackberry.
    08-01-09 04:32 PM
    I work at a college, and wish I had more students who had Blackberries to stay more organized. Go for it!
    08-01-09 05:19 PM
    for sure. a BB is a great way to keep track of your schedule and you can get emails ASAP.
    08-01-09 05:20 PM
    you definitely should. it can help you both be organized and also to stay awake in really boring classes
    08-01-09 05:22 PM
    Get one. I second Duvi's suggestion about StudentDocket. Cram isn't that good because it takes forever for me to input data and that sucks. StudentDocket is awesome. It helped me keep organized last year through school.
    08-01-09 05:46 PM
    Im student of Economic, i got my firts blckberry a few last month, and im sure blackberry will be help you in college,
    Note, Reminders, calender, and a lot application..,
    you can sending email, to your profesor, eventhough you not in front of your pc, and u can get attchment, as fast as you can with you Berry and yor data plan
    surly help you a lot'
    so..., Get one berry for you..
    08-01-09 06:30 PM
    great idea. i use it a lot in one of my online classes. great organization and it has MS word to go
    08-01-09 06:41 PM
    Yeah, BB's are dope for college... Good excuse to start a conversation with a babe rockin a BB, get her pin and what not... Just get that joint insured so you don't mess it up in blackout.
    08-01-09 06:51 PM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD