Oh I'd LOVE a new Torch!!!
    Damn you now I want to put this SIM on the Torch...

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    I hope that one of their rumoured devices really turns out as a new interpretation of the slider.
    It seems as though there might at least be a tiny chance for that.

I wonder where I left my Torch, now that you mention it...
    12-25-14 08:16 AM
    WOW I used to think this screen was HUGE!!!!!BlackBerry Classic will be the Hottest selling device-imageuploadedbytapatalk1419517544.756451.jpgBlackBerry Classic will be the Hottest selling device-imageuploadedbytapatalk1419518199.116511.jpg
    Last edited by qbnkelt; 12-25-14 at 08:36 AM.
    12-25-14 08:24 AM
    Hi, Feeling better ?

There is a debate on CB whether all touch devices could use a trackpad. What are your thoughts.

PS I am with you on the bank apps . If the Bank does not port it to BBW or Amazon I would not be adding it to your BlackBerry. If something went wrong the bank would not support you.
    12-25-14 09:07 AM
    Hi, Feeling better ?

There is a debate on CB whether all touch devices could use a trackpad. What are your thoughts.

PS I am with you on the bank apps . If the Bank does not port it to BBW or Amazon I would not be adding it to your BlackBerry. If something went wrong the bank would not support you.
    Me?!!?!!? I'm horrible!!!!!terrible way to spend Christmas.

I wouldn't use a trackpad on an all touch device. I had a 9860 and I used it, but only because selection on it was not quite where it is now. And truthfully the trackpad was not necessary on my Z10 just like it isn't on my Q10 just like it isn't on my all touch devices from all other platforms.

However, I do believe that for those who feel the need for it on a device with a physical keyboard, it makes sense. For me, I'm buying it because of nostalgia back to a device I always wanted (a white 9900) but not because I need the trackpad or the tool belt. But for those that want it.....sure. Unlike comments I've read here ridiculing people who want it, I think people want what they want and if they will buy it who's got a right to mock them. They should not be ridiculed for wanting the trackpad or tool belt.

I'm probably not making sense. Call it drugs.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6
    MarsupilamiX and shaleem like this.
    12-25-14 09:18 AM

I wouldn't use a trackpad on an all touch device. I had a 9860 and I used it, but only because selection on it was not quite where it is now. And truthfully the trackpad was not necessary on my Z10 just like it isn't on my Q10 just like it isn't on my all touch devices from all other platforms.

However, I do believe that for those who feel the need for it on a device with a physical keyboard, it makes sense. For me, I'm buying it because of nostalgia back to a device I always wanted (a white 9900) but not because I need the trackpad or the tool belt. But for those that want it.....sure. Unlike comments I've read here ridiculing people who want it, I think people want what they want and if they will buy it who's got a right to mock them. They should not be ridiculed for wanting the trackpad or tool belt.

I really hope that I never ridiculed anyone for actually wanting those things.
    Because it's as you say, when somebody has/feels the need for the trackpad, or a keyboard, then this is his/her personal decision.
    I totally agree with you there.

WOW I used to think this screen was HUGE!!!!!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419517544.756451.jpg 
Views:	856 
Size:	263.6 KB 
ID:	323058Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419518199.116511.jpg 
Views:	853 
Size:	404.4 KB 
ID:	323063
    Dec 29th?!?!?
    It's official, QBN comes from the future. It explains so many things :O
    (Sorry, too much alcohol from yesterday)

But now I really want to find my Torch and use it for a few days to know what I'd miss from my newer phones and vice versa
    12-25-14 09:45 AM

You're making sense. I am contemplating getting a new Classic too. I must be one of the few who really liked the 9900. Well, we'll see.

I hope you feel better soon.

Posted via CrackBerry App on my Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    12-25-14 10:22 AM
    I really hope that I never ridiculed anyone for actually wanting those things.
    Because it's as you say, when somebody has/feels the need for the trackpad, or a keyboard, then this is his/her personal decision.
    I totally agree with you there.

Dec 29th?!?!?
    It's official, QBN comes from the future. It explains so many things :O
    (Sorry, too much alcohol from yesterday)

But now I really want to find my Torch and use it for a few days to know what I'd miss from my newer phones and vice versa
    No not you love!!!!!! I'm referring of someone who made some rude comments on the blog when the classic was announced.

The 29th?!?! LOL!!!! I hadn't set ip the clock. Can't get the SIM to fit.
    12-25-14 10:28 AM
    You're making sense. I am contemplating getting a new Classic too. I must be one of the few who really liked the 9900. Well, we'll see.

I hope you feel better soon.

Posted via CrackBerry App on my Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Thank you!

Yah I'm skimming money from the house account for January when the white comes out. I REALLY want that Classic!
    12-25-14 10:30 AM
    I've heard all this before with every new BlackBerry 10 device released. None of those ever panned out either. Eventually it may be right, but I doubt the Classic is the device that will fulfill the prophecy.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-14 10:33 AM
    I would buy an updated Bold 9000 with BB10. Exact 9000 design though, maybe a little thinner. That's my favorite BB BlackBerry ever designed.
    AllanQuatermain likes this.
    12-25-14 11:04 AM
    ...I wouldn't use a trackpad on an all touch device. I had a 9860 and I used it, but only because selection on it was not quite where it is now. And truthfully the trackpad was not necessary on my Z10 just like it isn't on my Q10 just like it isn't on my all touch devices from all other platforms...
    Ahh, the Torch, I have my 9810 with me at all times. I wish it would function better SIM-less.

I really miss scrolling through Twitter and other blogs using the trackpad. To me, it is much better than touching the screen. This brings me to my question, on your 9860 did you scroll through Twitter, BB World or other like sites using the touch screen?
    12-25-14 12:28 PM
    Ahh, the Torch, I have my 9810 with me at all times. I wish it would function better SIM-less.

I really miss scrolling through Twitter and other blogs using the trackpad. To me, it is much better than touching the screen. This brings me to my question, on your 9860 did you scroll through Twitter, BB World or other like sites using the touch screen?
    I just used the trackpad when I was selecting text for cut and paste, or highlighting for manipulation, really. I felt that selecting text wasn't as well done on the 9860 as it was on the Z10. Scrolling through or getting the cursor to a field I did on the screen.
    12-25-14 12:41 PM
    I think The Classic will absolutely be the biggest BlackBerry 10 seller thus far. That said, whoop-di-dooo! It's obvious and due to awful sales of every other device by mobile standards. The mere combination of BBOS7 users on Enterprise upgrading to the Classic combined with The Classic being available on major carriers in the US will make for much greater sales numbers than other BlackBerry 10 devices. It's not even a fair comparison.

Posted by Rosco from my VZW Q10
    12-25-14 01:07 PM
    It is interesting to note that while I was at Telus several times over cell tower reception at the US border issues, ALL the young service agents wanted to play with my Classic and commented how much they liked it, and that they had had Blackberries in the past. Two said they would be considering buying the Classic after playing with it for a few minutes.
    12-25-14 01:22 PM
    WOW I used to think this screen was HUGE!!!!!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419517544.756451.jpg 
Views:	856 
Size:	263.6 KB 
ID:	323058Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419518199.116511.jpg 
Views:	853 
Size:	404.4 KB 
ID:	323063
    I wanted the white torch so badly. By the time I tried to get it my carrier only had the silver

I hope there is a slider in their 2015 road map.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-14 09:40 PM
    I tried putting my SIM in the Torch but I need the adapter. I wanted to use it.

12-26-14 01:49 AM
    There's a critical component missing without the Classic can never be a true classic.

BIS

Besides, it's a huge phone, most Legacy holdouts don't use a 9900, they use tiny Curves, I can't see them making the jump to the Classic.
    12-26-14 03:14 AM
    so will you buy the not true classic?
    12-26-14 07:50 AM

Besides, it's a huge phone, most Legacy holdouts don't use a 9900, they use tiny Curves, I can't see them making the jump to the Classic.
    I wouldn't say huge, it's smaller than a 5" android phone which is considered as the default size these days.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-14 08:01 AM
    Sorry, BD, but the only device I've heard my colleagues complain about in terms of too big was the Note 2.
    Enterprise users I work with want larger displays. The main comment I heard when the BlackBerry fleet was finally replaced with SG5 and iPhone 6 devices had to do with relief at not having to deal with the tiny screens on the 9930. Tiny was their word.
    While there are folks, like in anything, who are outliers, the main complaint I heard from my colleagues was screen size. They wanted larger devices. Not as large as the Note 2, so the SG5 and the iPhone 6, which have comparable physical/screen size, hit the sweet spot.

12-26-14 08:15 AM
    Sorry, BD, but the only device I've heard my colleagues complain about in terms of too big was the Note 2.
    Enterprise users I work with want larger displays. The main comment I heard when the BlackBerry fleet was finally replaced with SG5 and iPhone 6 devices had to do with relief at not having to deal with the tiny screens on the 9930. Tiny was their word.
    While there are folks, like in anything, who are outliers, the main complaint I heard from my colleagues was screen size. They wanted larger devices. Not as large as the Note 2, so the SG5 and the iPhone 6, which have comparable physical/screen size, hit the sweet spot.

And BlackBerry made large screen BB10 devices, how are they selling?

There are things people want from a smartphone and there are things people want from a BlackBerry, there's a difference
    12-26-14 09:26 AM
    The Classic is NOT too big, in fact, I find it the perfect size.
    12-26-14 10:20 AM
    And BlackBerry made large screen BB10 devices, how are they selling?

There are things people want from a smartphone and there are things people want from a BlackBerry, there's a difference
    So basically a BlackBerry isn't a smartphone?
    BelfastD, it's nearly 2015 by now...
    It shouldn't be that hard to understand the market by now.

And the myth of the BBOS power user who makes up an important size of the market, who is so special and exquisite in his choices, that only a BlackBerry can satisfy his needs, is exactly what I said with the 3rd word of this sentence: a myth.

You're using an iPhone now, right?
    You survived, right?
    Your business didn't have to close its doors, because you don't use a BlackBerry anymore, right?

Seems as though your iPhone does your BBOS BlackBerry's job well enough.
    12-26-14 10:26 AM
    Sorry BD but you are living in a particular market and relishing a time long past.

The BlackBerry 9320 was the best selling phone ( or one of ) in the UK in Christmas 2012. There were promotions and people were buying them for their children or mothers as their first phone. They were used mainly for texting and e-mailing. The networks were slower in the UK than in NA ( Not sure) and BlackBerry data plans were cheaper and used less data. The phones themselves were not uses as much for apps and browsing and again less data was used.

From a UK review "As far as I am concerned you can’t beat the hardware keyboard on a smartphone and the Curve one is as useable and friendly as any other BlackBerry.

If communicating with your friends quickly and efficiently is paramount then this is the low cost smartphone to go for.

Nice work RIM. If this new Curve doesn’t keep current Curve users on Team BlackBerry then they are bonkers!"

Contrasting views from the USA . "CNET i fail to see how you can call this a smart phone! Its simply not. it cannot be compared to even the most basic android or windows phones. the system is lacking, the OS is hardly innovative, and compared to google, windows and apple the phones are mostly featureless! At best these phones work as social messaging/media tools - a handy way to stay in touch with friends and post pictures of kittens to facebook -.-"

or

"Freezes a lot, screen is small, not great for browsing the internet."

There are a lot of Curves still in use in the UK but the number one reason why the users will not be upgrading to the Classic is that their Curve has not broken and they are on a cheap plan. The number two reason is that they now want what everyone else has an All touch phone that has apps . They want to send photos on Instagram. The number three reason is price - Curve owners want a cheap phone replacement.

The failure of the Q10 was due to unreasonable expectations - the market has moved on from PKB phones and the second reason being that a 3.1 inch screen really is not much of an improvement over the 9900 with a trackpad. The Q5 , the new Curve had minimal sales as well because it was just too expensive.
    Last edited by Bbnivende; 12-26-14 at 11:51 AM.
    TgeekB and MarsupilamiX like this.
    12-26-14 11:33 AM
    Where did the 9720 sell? It was released in the UK if I remember correctly. Are there numbers to compare sales of the 9720 to sales of the Q10? Both physical keyboard, one BB7 if I recall, and the other a physical keyboard BB10. Same general time frame.
    I don't think the average customer buys specs. They buy usability.
    Which did the UK adopt more readily?

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤
    12-27-14 07:03 AM
139 12345 ...