With the launch of the classic BlackBerry has bridged the gap between legacy and BB 10 platforms. This is a major milestone. This device has all the potential to be the hottest selling device in BlackBerry staple.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    anon(9742832) likes this.
    12-17-14 02:42 PM
    Can't see it myself but time will tell.

"Z30 STA100-2 UK" 10.2.1.3062 Get's a Ten from Fen.
    12-17-14 02:46 PM
    This is indeed a beautifully designed and crafted device. It retains the looks and some features of legacy devices but at the same it will be a smooth transition of legacy customers to BB 10 platform.

MY VERDICT is this device has all the ingredients to be the top selling BlackBerry device and will establish as ENTRY LEVEL phone in the BlackBerry family.

With addition of Classic the BlackBerry line is quite formidable now!!! Classic to Passport. Z10 to Z30.

Remember this is not the end but just a small beginning by Chen & Team.

Go BlackBerry go!!!

12-17-14 02:52 PM
    The potential to be BlackBerry's best selling device in its current line-up....yeah I think I can agree with that. I still don't think we're looking at huge numbers but hopefully enough to sustain BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 and Poirots Progeny like this.
    12-17-14 03:25 PM

With addition of Classic the BlackBerry line is quite formidable now!!! Classic to Passport. Z10 to Z30.

Hey, you forgot the Z3... that's were the all-touch line starts :-)

�   Zzzzwipetypetapped from The Maskport - Zzzzmoqin'....   �
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    12-17-14 04:14 PM
  6. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Ceo Chen has Blackberry on the right recovery path...

2015 will be the year of sustainable growth and profits and new and exciting products and services for Blackberry and the return of the iconic brand back in USA....

Classic will do very well...

Posted via CB10
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    12-17-14 04:43 PM
    Classic is aimed at legacy OS diehards who have refused to give up their devices. If O'Leary's comments are on target ,and I do think they are, then BlackBerry is tapping into a rich vein of loyalist who don't care what others think because their productivity is what's most important. These and the others who will return will be significant in number to BlackBerry.

I expect the Classic to shock the herd mentality media. It will be a hit.

" I do not think that word means what you think it means. "
    12-17-14 04:54 PM
    ...BlackBerry is tapping into a rich vein of loyalist who don't care what others think because their productivity is what's most important. These and the others who will return will be significant in number to BlackBerry.

What and when is it considered a 'hit' though? (rhetorical question)
    12-17-14 05:38 PM
    Lots of people in here have been drinking the kool-aid!

I love it though keep drinking my friends

Posted via CB10
    12-17-14 05:42 PM
    What and when is it considered a 'hit' though? (rhetorical question)
    It will be a hit in the context of BlackBerry sales numbers. We're not talking Apple or Samsung numbers here, not do we need to. With Blackberry's diversification approach hardware is not the main revenue generator ( genius). And that only makes it better.

12-17-14 05:42 PM
    Colour me unimpressed. I looked and the Classic at a Bell store today. The build quality is not close to the passport OR the Bold 9900. Where is the classy shiny stainless steel rim. The trackpad is this little raised "nub". My 9900 has a smooth larger lit up track pad. They go to all that trouble to make a belt and it is no where as nice to use as the 9900. The back seems very cheap as well. I was left with the impression that here is just a cut rate corporate / enterprise device - perhaps a step up from a Q5. My hopes were dashed.

The Passport is so nice . It really can hold its own at the top tier of devices. I don't understand why BlackBerry can not make an all touch device with a quality screen and build quality of the Passport. It is clear that John Chen does not know phones or he would have demanded a better device than the Classic.
    Maxxxpower likes this.
    12-17-14 06:00 PM
    In all likelihood it already is if you consider enterprise markets and with what has happened to Sony Pictures, BlackBerry is probably about to get a number of big customers

Posted via CB10
    dispatcher0531 likes this.
    12-17-14 06:34 PM
    In all likelihood it already is if you consider enterprise markets and with what has happened to Sony Pictures, BlackBerry is probably about to get a number of big customers

Posted via CB10
    Yes. Looking cool is fast taking a back seat to security in the now reality injected minds of many.

12-17-14 06:41 PM
    The reason this will be the greatest selling BlackBerry device is because at&t is actually on board with blackberry on this one! they are really going to push it which will be great can't wait!

Posted via BBM premium
    TheQuietRioter likes this.
    12-17-14 06:44 PM
    I really really hope that the classic will sell well.

Posted via CB10
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    12-17-14 09:25 PM
    Hey, you forgot the Z3... that's were the all-touch line starts :-)

�   Zzzzwipetypetapped from The Maskport - Zzzzmoqin'....   �
    Thanks Sir. Yes Z3 is the starting Line for all touch.

12-17-14 09:33 PM
    The potential to be BlackBerry's best selling device in its current line-up....yeah I think I can agree with that. I still don't think we're looking at huge numbers but hopefully enough to sustain BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    Yes I agree with you that it's not about the numbers which BlackBerry is looking at but it is the sustainability.
    Being a BlackBerry user I can see that 2015 will be year about the reincarnation of BlackBerry. Chen is outstanding CEO with outstanding vision. It is not easy to be in limelight for so long with such intense gaze where your each and every move is being dissected for public analysis. So far John Chen achievements and impact on BlackBerry is beyond any statistical measure .

12-17-14 09:53 PM
    Classic is aimed at legacy OS diehards who have refused to give up their devices. If O'Leary's comments are on target ,and I do think they are, then BlackBerry is tapping into a rich vein of loyalist who don't care what others think because their productivity is what's most important. These and the others who will return will be significant in number to BlackBerry.

"Legacy OS diehards?" There's no such thing. That's like saying there a group of diehard PC users wanting MS to release a new version of MS-DOS. That's like saying there a group of portable music fans waiting for RCA to release a new 8-track tape player. That's like saying there's a group out there waiting for Sony to start selling CRT TVs again. That's like saying there's a group of car buffs waiting for Ford to release a newer version of the Model T.

I think you get my drift.

The Classic will be an utter failure. Why? It's $450 for something that was popular like 6-7 years ago. You can get a awesome Android phone $300, or less and you don't have to do that ridiculous sideloading to install apps. Sorry, but BlackBerry no longer has the brand recognition to charge a more for less.
    W1ck3D86 likes this.
    12-18-14 12:35 AM
    I hope to be reading good news about the Classic's sales... on my Passport's screen.

Posted via CB10
    nhanken, sandman10 and DJM626 like this.
    12-18-14 03:05 AM
    With the launch of the classic BlackBerry has bridged the gap between legacy and BB 10 platforms. This is a major milestone. This device has all the potential to be the hottest selling device in BlackBerry staple.

Two years ago, we were saying the same thing about the Z10 and Q10.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-14 03:44 AM
  21. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Classic I and followup Classic II will do well I believe as there are many who want a keyboard type phone like this... professionals especially who like me can't stand typing on a slab...

Posted via CB10
    IndianTiwari and theRock1975 like this.
    12-18-14 03:50 AM
    I'm going to be optimistic and say it's going to be a big hit based on the fact that I really enjoy my Passport and thinks BB10 have a lot of potential regardless of devices.
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    12-18-14 04:58 AM
    it will only be a "best" seller because more carriers have adopted it. Even in BB happy Canada. Wind mobile, which doesn't carry any BB's admitted it will carry the Classic.

We all know the Passport blows the Classic away, but due to more carriers having the Classic, it for sure will be the better seller.
    12-18-14 05:01 AM
    Two years ago, we were saying the same thing about the Z10 and Q10.

Posted via CB10
    And Z10 and Q10 didn't disappoint. Two years back Both these devices were in the infant stages with regard to the OS 10.2 and issues were there. The upgraded 10.2.1 and the 10.3 leak has certainly provided the much needed stability to the product line.

12-18-14 06:00 AM
    LoL this is very Classic~!

I hope to be reading good news about the Classic's sales... on my Passport's screen.

Posted via CB10

Once you go black, you can't turn back! Posted via CB10
    SK122387 likes this.
    12-18-14 06:50 AM
139 123 ...