This post might be late . . . But i'm having a problem and don't know how to solve . . .

BlackBerry Classic: Why is my battery life draining so fast?-19515_1006150212762936_1772305645375928054_n.jpg
    07-17-15 06:28 AM
    Hello,
    I've a Blackberry Classic. I was soo happy initially with it's battery life. However, now I get only 6 to 7 hours only and charge it twice a day.
    When I was looking for solution. People asked to check apps running behind. I've disabled apps running behind and when minimised as well. I've dark theme plus low brightness. I've also changed the network settings. Now Now don't know what's wrong? Also I'm quite surprised that sometime the battery drains during standby mode. Now that's ridiculous. Can you please help with sharing some useful tip to save the battery.
    Thanks
    05-19-16 09:20 AM
    Hello,
    I've a Blackberry Classic. I was soo happy initially with it's battery life. However, now I get only 6 to 7 hours only and charge it twice a day.
    When I was looking for solution. People asked to check apps running behind. I've disabled apps running behind and when minimised as well. I've dark theme plus low brightness. I've also changed the network settings. Now Now don't know what's wrong? Also I'm quite surprised that sometime the battery drains during standby mode. Now that's ridiculous. Can you please help with sharing some useful tip to save the battery.
    Thanks
    Can you post your Battery and CPU device monitor screens? I'm not 100% sure but I think "standby" includes idle apps on the cpu tab which could explain why it might be high.
    05-19-16 09:37 AM
    I have had problems with very high CPU usage 60-90% on my Blackberry classic for the past 2 weeks. My phone would get very hot and kill my battery within hours after charging. I have read many forms, and tried numerous fixes to no avail. Yesterday I came read an article with a solution for this that seems to have solved the problem. Open BBM blackberry messenger on your phone and use select to go to "shop", there will be a bunch of offers for stickers and an option to X out the stickers, clear all the x's, close BBM and restart your phone. This will not work without restarting your phone. Within five or so minutes to present my CPU system usage is now normal and not killing my battery. In the article I read the user mentioned that every so often he has to check BBM and clear the stickers or the problem will restart. Not a 100% because you have to keep checking BBM for stickers, however my battery usage is back to normal.
    Thanks
    Rick
    11-25-16 02:17 PM
    Hello All,

I have used auto-loader two times now to flash my BB Classic. The CPU is always at 54% or above. Do I have a faulty hardware? Unfortunately it is our of warranty now.
    08-09-17 03:19 AM
    Hello All,

I have used auto-loader two times now to flash my BB Classic. The CPU is always at 54% or above. Do I have a faulty hardware? Unfortunately it is our of warranty now.
    Did you try different auto-loaders?
    Did you NOT restore any data?
    Did you test before creating accounts or downloading apps?
    Did you run BBVE to test the hardware?

If yes to all, then sadly I'd say there is a hardware issue.....
    yeshu26 likes this.
    08-09-17 08:27 AM
    No, I did not try different autoloaders. I take it they are in the archive area of this website?

No data restoration done.
    Apps and account: After the fresh reinstall it is still always 50 % +. I even uninstalled default apps but in vain.
    08-09-17 10:02 AM
    Another factor in battery drain is cell signal strength. If the signal is weak, the Classic will definitely drain faster. I work in a metal building on an island, and my battery wouldn't last all day with more than moderate use. At home on wifi, 16+ hours moderate use time.

It's a price you gotta pay if you want the Classic's great signal.
    08-11-17 01:23 PM
    Hello there

Version 10.30.03.2205 works magic. After using this autoloader, there is no battery drainage or high CPu usage for hours. However, if I switch on the data or connect to the WIFI (which BB needs), it autoupdates and then I am screwed!

I have tried to switch off the autoloader before inserting the SIM or connecting the WIFI. The moment you connect a SIM it updates.

So How do I register BB without updating the SW at the same time? It nags me that your registration is incomplete.

thanks

Did you try different auto-loaders?
    Did you NOT restore any data?
    Did you test before creating accounts or downloading apps?
    Did you run BBVE to test the hardware?

If yes to all, then sadly I'd say there is a hardware issue.....
    09-07-17 10:53 AM
    Hi, anyone please?
    09-08-17 08:02 AM
    Did you try to let it start updating and then pause the update? If you have not tried yet give it a shot.
    09-08-17 08:06 AM
    Did you try to let it start updating and then pause the update? If you have not tried yet give it a shot.
    Will it happens in seconds, before I even navigate to that menu. Sim card in or WIFI connection, and disaster strikes in milliseconds.
    09-08-17 08:24 AM
    Will it happens in seconds, before I even navigate to that menu. Sim card in or WIFI connection, and disaster strikes in milliseconds.
    It might start downloading immediately but it takes time for the full update to download. I do believe you will have enough time to pause it before it downloads fully.
    09-08-17 09:36 AM
63 123