Hello,

I am new to the Crackberry forums .
    I have never owned a Blackberry device before, but since last week I have been looking into them and I must say I really want to make the jump from my trust worthy Motorola Moto G (first gen) to a new Blackberry. I just really like the OS (I have been watching videos) and the physical keyboard.

I would like the Blackberry Classic or the Blackberry Passport.
    I can pick up a new Blackberry Classic for 299 euros at the local phone store or buy an used Blackberry Passport for 330 euros from a trustworthy person (I know him, and the phone looks in top shape, works great and no scratches). Even the headphones are still in its original package.

I have a very hard time choosing between the two. I like the look of the Classic more and the feel of the keyboard on the Classic, but on the Passport the extra width and nice display.

In september I will start my bachelors degree at University and my question to you is, do you recommend the Classic or the Passport for a student? Especially considering I can get them for the same price? Could buying a Passport mean I don't really have to bring a laptop with me to school?

Best regards
    07-16-15 02:38 PM
    Hello,

I am new to the Crackberry forums .
    I have never owned a Blackberry device before, but since last week I have been looking into them and I must say I really want to make the jump from my trust worthy Motorola Moto G (first gen) to a new Blackberry. I just really like the OS (I have been watching videos) and the physical keyboard.

I would like the Blackberry Classic or the Blackberry Passport.
    I can pick up a new Blackberry Classic for 299 euros at the local phone store or buy an used Blackberry Passport for 330 euros from a trustworthy person (I know him, and the phone looks in top shape, works great and no scratches). Even the headphones are still in its original package.

I have a very hard time choosing between the two. I like the look of the Classic more and the feel of the keyboard on the Classic, but on the Passport the extra width and nice display.

In september I will start my bachelors degree at University and my question to you is, do you recommend the Classic or the Passport for a student? Especially considering I can get them for the same price? Could buying a Passport mean I don't really have to bring a laptop with me to school?

Best regards
    I'd go with the Passport.... unless the size is an issue of you.

Many say their Passport has replaced the Laptop.... but I guess it really depends on your usage at school. There could be apps or programs that you may need that are Windows or MAC compatible only.
    07-16-15 03:23 PM
    Passport, screen is larger and hardware is more powerful

Posted via CB10
    07-16-15 09:13 PM
    It depends on size preferences. The Passport is a big phone. I have one and it's phenomenal, but big. Hold both if you can before purchasing.

Z10 on 10.3.2
    07-16-15 11:03 PM
    Passport is great for reading docs etc. Try using the passport for two weeks then go to the classic, it will feel like a little toy. I obviously vote for the passport hands down but I will still buy a classic when it drops to half price, just to add to my collection of BlackBerry's

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.2339
    07-16-15 11:18 PM
    If you want to enjoy the blackberry experience, use the passport. For some reason there's still bugs on the classic with apps and just various other things. Hard to explain.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-15 12:35 AM
    Having owned both, I would recommend the Passport. It's a fantastic device, and even though it is larger you do become accustomed to it fairly quickly.
    07-17-15 02:59 AM
    I have used both devices and they both are very nice, if you doing a lot of documents and surfing the web, the passport and its large screen is the way to go.

If you like the traditional Blackberry with the tool belt and want a device that's compact and you can carry in your front pocket with ease, the classic is the way to go.
    07-17-15 03:36 AM
    Depends on what your main use will be? If something like a mini-tablet/ laptop...then passport. If mainly as a phone for calls and messaging then Classic. I've used both and for me, I need a phone for calls and emails mainly. I prefer the Classic for the compact form and one-handed use. Passport is a beast in terms of battery, specs and speed...but is also almost impossible to use one handed.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-15 04:50 AM
    Passport !!!!!
    07-17-15 06:08 AM
    Passport.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-17-15 01:38 PM
    Welcome to the forums!

I think that I agree with the masses - go for the passport. Since you've never used a BlackBerry before, it'll take you no time to get used to the keyboard, and the screen shape/size is really amazing to get work done on. Obviously, the size of the phone is a little strange, compared to the Classic, but it's worth trying out.

Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    07-17-15 02:20 PM
    I'm 20 and I'm doing my BSc too, you can't go wrong with the passport

Posted via CB10
    07-17-15 02:46 PM
    Alright guys I will get the Passport , can't wait Thank you for your comments

Will post a pic when I get it
    07-17-15 03:52 PM